On Cloudbeds PMS, you are able to create users for your employees and staff and assign specific roles to them. You can customize the role by enabling or disabling privileges under the user's role.
This article will show you how manage the roles privileges as necessary based on the job function.
If you don't see the below settings on the screen, it means that your user has no permission to access. Reach out to the Property Owner, based on your role, they can enable the permission to Manage User Roles and privileges for you.
If you want to know how to create a new role, click here.
- Hotel Profile: Users will be able to change the property type, language, time zone, property images, analytics tracking IDs, as well as other business information.
- Amenities: Users will be able to select which amenities the property offers as well as the individual room accommodation amenities offered.
- Payment Options: User will be able to select which payments are accepted by the property.
- Accommodations: User will be able to set up the accommodations and allotment of property.
- Hotel Policies: User will be able to set the terms and conditions, deposit policy and cancellation policy.
- Revenue On Dashboard: User will see the daily revenue appear on the dashboard.
- Items And Services: User will be able to add inventory items that the property can sell.
- Booking Engine: User can install the Facebook application, website widget, as well as customize the header and footer on the booking page.
- Sources: User will be able to set up the sources for the property.
- Taxes and Fees: User can set up the taxes and fees that the property charges.
- Custom Email Templates: User can customize the emails that are being sent to the guests.
Distribution: If this option is ON, the user will be able to:
- Set up the OTA channels on which to sell inventory, as well as managing how inventory is distributed in other OTA channels
- See the three radion buttons under the setting Auto change status to No Show for reservations not checked in in General System Settings
- Registration Cards: User will be able to modify the template used for generating registration cards.
- Custom Fields: User will be able to add custom fields to direct reservations, the booking engine, and the registration cards.
- Manage Users: User will be able to add and disable other users in the system.
- Manage User Roles privileges: User will be able to add new user roles as well as modify existing ones.
- Allow Add Adjustments, Items, Room Revenue for Past Dates : You can allow/disallow users, add adjustments, items, room revenue for past dates.
- Guest Invoicing: User will be allowed to access the invoice setup page in order to make changes to how the invoice is created.
- System Notification Preferences: User will be able to manage preferences for system notifications (select which emails will be received in the user's inbox). Learn more about System Notification Preferences
- System Email Permission: User will be able to access the Email Configuration to set up Email template, Email Scheduling and tracking email activities in Email Delivery Log and Email Messages inside the reservation.
Modify Reservations: User will be able to modify reservation dates, room types, details, change the reservation status, and manage the Manual Reporting Flow around No Show Reporting
- Modify Reservation Rate: User will be able to modify the daily rate and/or the total rate on a reservation.
- Override Rate Difference: When a guest is moved from one accommodation type to another using the calendar, and the rates between the two accommodations are different, the user will be able to override the rate difference.
- Edit Guest Always: User will be able to update guest information even if the reservation is for a past date, or with a status that is not confirmed / in-house.
- Delete Reservation: User will be able to delete reservation from platform. You will not be able to reinstate as all data is deleted (Recommended to turn off).
- Report Guest Misconduct: Report guest misbehavior (to Booking.com only) without leaving Cloudbeds PMS. Click here to check further details.
Create Third Party Reservations: User will be able to create Third Party reservation on the dashboard.
- Create Overbooked Third-Party Reservations: Users will be able to create third party reservations for dates with no availability.
- Allow Override Min/Max LOS Restrictions: User will be able to override the Minimum/Maximum Length of Stay restrictions when creating direct reservations.
- Check Out Reservations with Balance Due: Allows user to check out a guest from the platform with an outstanding balance due on account.
- Allow Manually Add and Void Taxes and Fees: Users are able to add/void taxes and fees to guest folios.
Create and Modify Reservations and Blocks for Past Dates:
- Create reservation for any available date in the past.
- Modify check in and check out dates for a reservation with past dates.
- Edit rates for the reservation in the past.
- Delete transactions posted in the past (remove from reports).
Create Direct Reservations: Users will be able to create direct reservations (source: website/booking engine, walk-in, phone, email).
- Access Reservation Import Options Page: User will be able to import reservations through a simple import form. Disabling this permission does not affect adding reservations manually through 'Create New Reservation' button, or through the calendar.
- Create and edit Reservations for yesterday: The user can create or modify reservations for only 1 day in the past to account for late night and early morning walk-ins.
- Export Reservation List: User can export a list of reservations with various fields of data. Please note some of this data may be sensitive and so privileges should be granted with discretion.
- Base Rates: User can add and edit daily rates (base/standard rate) on the calendar.
- Create / Edit Rate Plans: User will be able to create rate plans, as well as edit the rates and restrictions for all accommodations.
- Increase Daily Rate: User will be able to increase the rate on any single day.
- Decrease Daily Rate: User will be able to decrease the rate on any single day.
- Production Reports: User will be able to view all Production Reports
- Financial Reports: User will be able to view all Financial Reports
- Daily Activity Reports: User will be able to view all Daily Activity Reports
- Policy Report: User will have access to the Police Report
- Payments Report: User will have access to the Cloudbeds Payments Reports.
Add Payments: User can add a payment to all reservations and house accounts.
- Add Refund: User will be allowed to add a refund amount to the guest folio.
- Add Payments Larger Than The Reservation Total: User will be able to add payment that is higher than the remaining reservation amount.
- Authorize and process credit card payments: If enabled, the user will be able to authorize a credit card using payment processing, charge an existing authorized card, or process a payment for a specified amount. If your account has Cloudbeds Payments enabled, users will also be able to send payment links (Pay by Link).
- Modify and Void Payments: Gives the user the ability to modify and void payments.
- Void Payments After 24 Hours: If enabled, user will be allowed to void payments even if 24 hours or more have passed. This applies to all payment types aside from cash. Most payment gateways likewise do not allow for a payment to be voided after 24 hours, but varies for each payment gateway.
- Record Existing Credit Card Payments: Post credit card payments to folio for payments that were processed elsewhere (e.g. your local POS) and not via integrated Payment Gateway.
- Transfer CC details: If enabled, with this feature you will be able to transfer credit card details from an existing reservation to a new one. This feature is available if you have the Cloudbeds Payments feature enabled on your Cloudbeds account.
Add Adjustments: User will be able to add adjustments to all reservations and house accounts.
- Adjust Taxes/Fees On Folio: User will be able to add taxes and fees adjustments to folio.
- Void Adjustments: User can remove an adjustment from reservations and house accounts.
- Add inventory product to reservation/account: User will be able to add inventory product to reservations or house accounts.
- Allow to override the price of product on reservation/account: User will be allowed to modify the price of the product when adding it to a reservation or a house account.
- Update Stock Quantity: User will be able to modify the 'Current Stock Quantity' and 'Reorder Threshold Quantity' fields
- Update Stock Threshold Notifications: User will be able to access the 'Update Stock Threshold Notifications' page, as well as to add or remove who receives those notifications.
- Void Items on Reservations / House accounts: User will be able to remove items and services from reservations or house accounts.
- Create / Modify / Delete Drawers: User will be able to add and remove cash drawers that exist within the property.
- Open Cash Drawers: User will be able to open cash drawers.
- View reports of all users: User will be able to view all the cashier reports, not just their own.
- Add Cash Transactions without having drawer open: User will be able to add payments and adjustments without opening a cash drawer first.
- Close drawers opened by others: User will be able to close a drawer that was opened by another user.
- View Open Drawers and Post transactions: User will be allowed to view all open drawers and post cash transaction to ANY open drawer.
- Create Out of Service / Room Block from Calendar: User will be able to create a room block or an Out of Service block from the calendar.
- Availability Matrix/Availability Block: User will be able to block out one or more room types on all channels through the Availability Matrix or any specific channel in the Distribution Channel Closeouts.
Add / Use House Accounts: User will be able to create new house account, add payments and adjustments to existing ones.
- Add Private House Accounts: Create private house accounts.
View API Credentials: Allows user access to API Credentials page
- Delete API Credentials: Allows for deleting sessions and issued client_IDs on the API Credentials page
- Connect Apps In Marketplace - Allows access to view and connect 3rd party integrations in Marketplace page
- Disconnect Apps In Manage Apps - Allows the user to view and disconnect 3rd party integrations in Manage Apps page
View Integrations Sensitive Data
- Edit Integrations Sensitive Data
- Issue key cards - allows to issue keys to the rooms if you use a door lock integration, like Visionline (Assa Abloy).
The following options will be displayed if you have Price Intelligence Engine enabled
- Create, activate, deactivate and modify rules
- Accept and deny rules that need to be confirmed
- Create, activate, deactivate and modify compsets
- Access Rules
- Create and modify events
The following options will be displayed only if Split Folio feature is enabled
- View Configure Folios Page: Allows user to view and make changes on the folio configuration page
- Create Folios: Allows user to create additional folios on a reservation / house account
- Modify Folios: Allows user to modify a folio on a reservation / house account
- Remove Folios: Allows user to remove a folio from a reservation / house account
- Move Transactions Between Folios (of the same reservation)
- Move transactions between reservations / house accounts
View Sensitive And Personally Identifiable Information: Sensitive and personally identifiable information is securely obscured within Cloudbeds. If the user has permission to view this data, they can click to view this data. If not, the data will remain obscured.
View Tax ID: User can view Tax ID in a reservation, guest profile, and some government integrations.
- Edit Tax ID: User can edit Tax ID in a reservation, guest profile, and some government integrations.
- View Tax ID: User can view Tax ID in a reservation, guest profile, and some government integrations.
View Company Name: User can view the guest’s Company Name in a reservation or guest profile.
- Edit Company Name: User can edit the guest’s Company Name in a reservation or guest profile.
View Company Tax ID: User sees guest’s Company Tax ID in a reservation or guest profile.
- Edit Company Tax ID: User can edit guest’s Company Tax ID in a reservation or guest profile.
View Document Number: User can view the Document Number in a reservation or guest profile.
- Edit Document Number: User can edit the Document Number in a reservation or guest profile.
View Custom Fields With PII: User can see the custom fields with PII
- Edit Custom Fields With PII: User can edit the custom fields with PII
- Change PII Settings: Grants security clearance to user to change custom field settings and indicate if field does or does not ask for sensitive data.
- Guest Data Extraction: User is able to perform guest data export, which may include sensitive data.
- View Previously Sent Emails: This permission grants users to open previews of previously sent emails from the Email Delivery Log or the Email Messages table in the reservation details. Emails sent to guests and notifications internally sent to the property can sometimes contain sensitive data.
- Guest Merge: User is allowed to merge guests, which may cause data loss and users must have access to view sensitive data.
- Billing Portal: User will have access to Billing Portal (a portal where user can access and edit your billing details, address, point of contact, payment method, change subscription price (increase room numbers, upgrade/downgrade), suspend, or cancel the account.
The toggle Data Insights will be displayed only if the feature is enabled.
This feature is in pilot testing phase. Learn more: Data Insights - Everything You Need to Know
- Cloudbeds Websites: User can access the Cloudbeds Website builder to customize and manage the property’s website. Learn more: Cloudbeds Websites - Everything you need to know.
If the Cloudbeds Websites toggle is not available in the Roles page of your Cloudbeds PMS account, reach out to our Support Team to request assistance.