This report is under the Financial Reports section. Some transactions refer to Revenue for the property, for example, food and beverage charges, and Room and Tax charges (debits). Other transactions refer to payments made by the guest, such as credit card or cash payments (credits).
This article will assist you in running a variety of financial reports for your property from the transaction report section.
1. Navigate to Reports > Financial Reports > Transactions
2. When opening up the report you can filter by:
- Reservation #, room # or name
- From Date - Use this section to select the START date you want to report to begin.
- To Date - Use this section to select the END date you want to report to stop.
- User - This section can be modified to only show 1 or all users. It defaults to ALL users
Description: This is the main section that will allow you to generate a variety of reports depending on which description is chosen.
* Income Report - Uncheck "Select all Debits" section - this will leave only Credits (Payments) selected
* Room & Tax Report - Uncheck "Select all Debits" & "Select all Credits", once that is done and everything is unchecked, go to Debits and click on Room Rate as well as Taxes and Fees.
* Items & Services Reports - Uncheck "Select all Credits" and Uncheck those debits not associated to Items & Services.
- Group By - Depending on the type of report, you will want to either group by Date or Description.
- Sub-group By - Depending on the type of report you will want to subgroup by room number or description.
- Adjustments - All adjustments are defaulted to show in reports, you can modify to your discretion.
- Status - Use this section to select the reservation status you want to generate the report.
3. The report shows the necessary fields regarding :
- Reservation Number
- Transaction Code (TRN Code) - Transaction Code appears in automated and manual transactions
- Check-in / Check-out
- Reservation Status
- Quantity (of items)
- Debit / Credit
4. You may also email or export report to PDF/Excel