This article covers the most frequently asked questions about Email Templates and Email Scheduling in Cloudbeds PMS.
- I created a schedule to send a "Welcome email" 2 days before check-in
- Today is February 15th, a new booking has come in with check-in date February 16th
How will it work?
- The "Welcome email" will not be sent for this booking, since 2 days before the check-in for this booking is actually February 14th, which has already passed. The system will not recognize this booking as applicable for this email scheduling.
- If a reservation is received with check-in date February 18th, then, the email will be scheduled, 2 days before check-in that is February 16th.
- I created schedule to send email 0 days after checkout at 12.00 PM
- My guest will be checking out today
How will it work?
- If I check out the guest at 12.05 PM - the email will not be scheduled, since the scheduling requirement has already passed.
- If I check out the guest at 11.50 AM - the email will be scheduled, since it is still meeting the scheduling requirement.
Based on the reservation source and status, there are certain criteria the system use to display the scheduled email under Email Messages. See below the list of each schedule type and when the email will be displayed under the Email Messages tab:
|Send email immediately upon reservation status changing to:||Send email based on booking date, check-in date or check-out date:||The email will be displayed under ‘Email Messages’ when the current reservation status is:|
|No show||No Show|
|Checked-in||After Check-in, Before Check-Out||In-House|
|Pending confirmation||Confirmation Pending|
|After Booking||Confirmation Pending, Confirmed, In-House,|
Direct Bookings (Cloudbeds booking engine, phone, email, walk-in)
|Send email immediately upon reservation status change to:||Send email based on booking date, check-in, check-out date:||The email will be displayed under ‘Email Messages’ when the current reservation status is:|
|No show||No show|
|Pending confirmation||Confirmation pending|
|After Booking, Before Check-in, After Check-in, Before Check-out, After Check-out||All status (Confirmation Pending, Confirmed, In-house, Checked-out, Cancelled, No-show)|
You have scheduled the system to send the emails for OTA reservations, 1 day after check-out. You will not see the scheduled email under the Email Messages tab until the reservation status is changed to Checked-out.
Reason: This is to avoid the risk for the emails to be sent mistakenly, since the the status of OTAs reservation is being managed on Cloudbeds PMS.
The time chosen for the email will stay the same.
Example: the email was previously set to be sent at 4 PM (GMT 00:00). Later the timezone was changed to GMT +01:00, the email will still be sent at 4 PM but now in GMT +01:00.