On 'Email Templates' page you may create and customize the email templates that you can later use to send to guests as well as edit the emails created in the system by default.
You can schedule these emails to be sent by the system based on a certain criteria from the "Email Scheduling" page.
IMPORTANT: These email templates can be edited (see section 'Editing Email Templates' below) but they can not be disabled, deleted and scheduled.
If you need to schedule a certain email type - you would need to create a custom email template and schedule it.
Once your myfrontdesk account is created there will be 5 email templates created by default. Click on the template type see when this email can be sent out:
Reservation invoice is the text which is sent together with guest invoice attached as pdf. It can be sent directly from reservation:
Here's an example of what the guest will receive:
By default reservation folio contains merge tag [table] which autopopulates reservation rates, deposit, sub-total etc.
It can be sent from reservation directly:
Here is how the folio template may look like in myfrontdesk and as sent email:
This email can be sent
-when changing king status to 'Confirmed'
-when creating reservation (last step);
-for Mybookings reservations you setup whether to send out confirmation email automatically on Mybookings Settings page:
Email won't be sent automatically to the guest if the reservation came from OTA (imported from myallocator)
You will be asked whether to send this email when changing the status of booking to cancelled:
Email won't be sent automatically to the guest if the reservation was cancelled from OTA and then cancellation was sent to myfrontdesk from myallocator
You can also create your own email templates and use the merge tags to populate data to them automatically. Custom emails can be sent manually from reservation and also scheduled. Learn more about how to schedule a specific email in our Knowledge Base.
Please note that merge tag [table] which autopopulates the reservation rates is not working in custom email templates
In order to create an email template you need to :
1. click Manage (gear icon)
2. go to Email Templates under Email Configuration section
3. click +CREATE TEMPLATE
On the same page you may also
- Enable/disable the email template
- Edit existing template
- Send test email to check the template
- Delete template
You may customize any email template by editing the following settings:
1. Template Name: Specify the name for the template here. This is used for you to determine what the template is for. It will not be visible anywhere publicly.
2. Selecting template language: you may select the language from the drop down menu given and enter text so that the guests from specific countries will receive text in corresponding language.
You can also choose to auto fill all languages:
- The autofill option will fill all languages with text that you added to your system default language template (if you use myfrontdesk in English - all templates texts will be replaced with English version; if you use system in Portuguese - all templates texts will be replaced with Protuguese text etc.)
- If you need to edit or add some text to the particular template after all languages were autofilled you should uncheck the autofill option and edit the needed template.
- When you enable autofill option again all languages will be autofilled with the information you have in English template.
3. Send From: Email address from which the email will be sent
4. Reply-to: Email address that will be populated in the "To" field when the "Reply" button is clicked on the email
5. CC List: List of all email addresses you want to CC. Separate each email address by a comma
6. BCC List: List of all email addresses you want to BCC. Separate each email address by a comma
Please note: CC and BCC can't be identical
7. Is Marketing (only for properties who enabled GDPR Compliance): If GDPR Compliance is enabled, every Email Template will have a required radio button specifying whether email is marketing related. Templates flagged as marketing emails will only be sent to guests who opt in to marketing materials.
8. Subject: Text that will appear as the subject of the email. To add dynamic content such as the name of the guest or phone number, use the "Insert Merge Tag" picklist.
9. Attachments: Upload any attachments you would like to be included whenever this email template is sent.
10. Design Style: select a template to apply a certain style to your email
11. Editing and customizing email template has the new interface. Here you may add text with customize text, upload header, footer and merge tags (to learn more please check the section below).
If you want to check how certain email template will be displayed for your guests, you may use 'Send Test' option.
1. Next to your email template click gear icon, then select 'Send Test'.
2. Enter the email where the message will be sent to.
Important: if email template contains merge tags they won't display actual property and reservation data on the test email.