On Cloudbeds PMS, you can create and customize email templates to send to your guests. There are two types of email templates:
- Default Email Template
- Custom Email Template
Custom email template can be scheduled to be sent automatically. Learn more: How to schedule emails for your guests
This article explains the difference between the default and the custom email templates, it also describes all the default email templates in the system.
- Please note that in HTML style emojis are not supported in email templates - adding them may cut off your text. It's planned to be fixed in the future release. Until then, avoid using emojis in templates.
- Only the font types (Open Sans, Arial, Times New Roman and Verdana) displayed on the email template creation will work. Coding on the email template will not work on the actual email sent.
- Default email templates can not be disabled, deleted or scheduled.
- Merge tag [table] does not work in custom email templates (created by the user).
- If you want to use a business email address as sender (e.g. email@example.com, follow the steps of the following article: Authorizing Cloudbeds as a Sender for your Property Domain via Sender Policy Framework
Default Email Template
Once your Cloudbeds PMS account is created there will be 5 email templates created by default. Click on the template type to see when this email can be sent out.
- These email templates can be edited, but they can not be disabled, deleted and scheduled. Check out the section Editing Email Templates below.
- These email templates cannot be scheduled. Only custom email template can be scheduled. More information: Custom Email Templates
- When editing the email templates, do not include any comma in the From Name and Reply-to Name fields as it will cause an error in sending the email message from the system.
Reservation invoice is the message which is sent together with guest invoice attached as PDF. It can be sent directly from reservation.
Please check further details about it on the following article: How to email invoices?
Here's an example of what the guest will receive:
Please note that the language of the invoice template will depend on the selected option in Invoice setup page. Please check the following article for further details about Invoicing Settings
By default, reservation folio contains merge tag [table] which auto-populates reservation rates, deposit, sub-total etc. It can be sent from reservation page directly:
Here is how the folio template may look like in myfrontdesk and as sent email:
The Reservation Confirmed email can only be sent automatically for direct reservations (created within Cloudbeds PMS and mybookings booking engine) if configured correctly. More information: Does mybookings send automatic confirmation emails to my guests?
This email won't be sent automatically to the guest if the reservation was made on a channel (OTA). The OTA is responsible in sending out confirmation emails. You may still use the Compose Message function to send Reservation Confirmed to your guest if needed. Follow steps: Sending Email From Reservation
This email will be sent:
- When changing the reservations status to Confirmed
- When creating reservation (last step):
- For mybookings reservations, you can setup whether to send out confirmation email automatically. Follow instructions: Does mybookings send automatic confirmation emails to my guests?
You will be asked whether to send this email when changing the status of booking to Cancelled:
Email won't be sent automatically to the guest if the reservation was cancelled from the channels (OTAs).
Will be sent out when new direct reservation is created and you have this option selected on Policies page. Learn more: Does mybookings send automatic confirmation emails to my guests?
Custom Email Templates
You can create your own email templates and use the merge tags to populate data to them automatically. Custom emails can be sent manually from reservation and also scheduled. Learn more about how to schedule a specific email: How to schedule emails for your guests
Note that merge tag [table] which auto-populates the reservation rates does not work for custom email templates.
In order to create a new email template, follow the steps below:
- Click on Manage (gear icon)
- Go to Email Templates under Email Configuration section
- Click on +CREATE TEMPLATE
- Template Name - Specify the name for the template. This is used for you to determine what the template is for. It will not be visible anywhere publicly
- Language-specific templates - Enabling Autofill All Languages will override all templates languages with the version below
The autofill option will fill all languages with text that you added to your system default language template (if you use myfrontdesk in English - all templates texts will be replaced with English version; if you use system in Portuguese - all templates texts will be replaced with Portuguese text etc.)
- Send From - Email address from which the email will be sent. Some email domains (such as Yahoo) do not permit Cloudbeds to send emails using your email address, we suggest to test it first.
- Reply To - Email address that will be populated in the To field when the Reply button is clicked on the email
CC and BCC Lists - List of all email addresses you want to CC / BCC. Separate each email address by a comma
- Please limit list to 5 email addresses or fewer
Do not include any comma in the From Name and Reply-to Name fields as it will cause error in sending the email message from the system.
- Email Type: (Only for properties who enabled GDPR Compliance): If GDPR Compliance is enabled, every Email Template will have a required radio button specifying whether email is marketing related. Templates flagged as marketing emails will only be sent to guests who opt in to marketing materials. Non-marketing emails will be sent to all guests you have ongoing business relations with.
- Subject - Text that will appear as the subject of the email. To add dynamic content such as the name of the guest or phone number, use the Insert Merge Tag picklist below
- Attachments - Upload any attachments you would like to be included whenever this email template is sent
- Design Style - Click on Change to choose pre-styled designs (12) or create a custom design through HTML
- Enter your text and customize your email
- Save changes
Access the email templates page. On this page you can:
- Enable/disable the email template
- Edit existing template
- Delete template
Remember that the Default email templates can not be disabled or deleted
If you have the option Autofill All Languages enabled and you want to edit an email template:
- If you need to edit or add some text to the particular template after all languages were autofilled, you should uncheck the autofill option and edit the needed template.
- When you enable autofill option again all languages will be autofilled with the information you have in English template.