Use the Policies tab to define the terms and conditions for which you will accept reservations. These are the terms that will be a legally binding obligation between you and the guest in order to guarantee a room stay at your property.
A guest must accept your terms when they complete the reservation checkout process and you must provide the services under the terms that you have offered them through your website.
How to set up Deposit Policy
In this section, you will be able to set the suggested deposit amount for your guests who book through the booking engine mybookings or direct reservation within dashboard. See each setting below:
- Percentage: You can determine how much in percentage (%) of the reservation total price is the deposit.
- Fixed Amount: Fixed amount option is a set amount for every room type per night/per accommodation.
Please note that if the fixed deposit amount will be higher than room rate value (when creating reservation on mybookings), the system will put the daily room rate as the deposit.
- First Day Price: The first day price deposit option is equivalent to the combined amount of all rooms for the first day's stay.
- Do not collect deposit payment at the time of booking: This method is used for properties that do not collect deposit to secure reservations. With this option, you have the ability to capture the guest credit card details for the reservation to keep on file.
This feature is for your internal use only.
If this feature is enabled, then staff will need to ensure that the balance due section of the guest reservation is at $0.00 before checking in the reservation. If there is a balance still due on the guest reservation then the system will prevent you from checking in that reservation on the platform.
You will see this feature only if you previously selected the Percentage, Fixed Amount, and First Day Price deposit options.
The reservation confirmation type describes how you want to handle online reservations through the mybooking booking engine and the Facebook app. Choose whichever option works best for your property.
There are 2 options:
- Immediately confirm online reservations without verifying deposit payment
The reservation will be marked as Confirmed as soon as the reservation is created. Our system will automatically send the Reservation Confirmed email to your guest. If you choose this setting, you must also enable the option Send the customer an automatic confirmation email within Mybookings Settings.
- For online reservations, require confirmation of the deposit payment before reservation is confirmed
The reservations will be marked as Pending Confirmation when a new reservation is made and the system will automatically send the Pending Confirmation email template to guest.
You will need to verify the deposit payment and manually update the reservation status to Confirmed, at which point you will be asked whether to send the Reservation Confirmed email to your guest.
How to set up Cancellation Policy
Your guests must be informed about your Property's Cancellation Policy, whether or not they will be charged when they cancel their reservation.
On myfrontdesk, you can set up your Cancellation Policy which will be available for guests making direct reservations (through myfrontdesk and mybookings) it will be displayed on mybookings and be sent in the default emails to your guests.
- The Cancellation Policy is only informational for guests, it does not charge the guests automatically. All charges need to be done manually.
- This policy will not be sent to any of your connected channels, for OTA reservations, cancellation policies must be added inside the OTAs.
The Cancellation Policy page has two options for users to choose:
- Use Standardized cancellation policies
- Enter my own custom text cancellation policies:
Use Standardized cancellation policies
By clicking 'Add New Cancellation Policy' the system will prompt you a window where you can set up the cancellation policy:
- Choose the Cancellation Policy (Full Charge, Partial Charge, No Charge)
- Choose the Deposit Type (Full Deposit, Full Stay)
- Specify the cancellation period
Enter my own custom text cancellation policies
You can write down your own cancellation policies as necessary, as much information as your guests need to know. This option is highly recommended as the cancellation policies vary per property. Also this is your legal binding obligation between you and the guest.
How to set up Terms & Conditions
These are the terms that will be a legally binding obligation between you and the guest in order to guarantee a room stay at your property. A guest must accept your terms when they complete the reservation checkout process and you must provide the services under the terms that you have offered them through your website.
How to set up Arrival & Departure time
Enter your property's normal check in time and check out time. This information will be listed on your mybookings booking engine as well as email confirmations.
The check-in/check-out time specified in this section is informational only. Should you enable the Late Check Out feature, it is only used as an informational field and does not check nor update your availability.
On the following article you can find Terms & Conditions templates for your reference