By default, when adding a new reservation on myfrontdesk, the system shows you availability for the same room type for the entire stay using the Simple View.
Sometimes, there might not be a continuous availability for a same room type in your property and you need to assign the guest to different room types during their stay.
This article shows how to make a new reservation using the Split View option. You will be able to create a split reservation across multiple room types.
You may create new reservation from different pages inside Cloudbeds PMS:
- The quickest way is by using the + button on the Navigation bar.
- From the Calendar
- From the Reservations page
- From the Dashboard
- From the Guests page
On New Reservation page, you may check availability for specific dates and add accommodations:
- Select the Source of your reservation. If you have an allotted availability for specific Source, ex. Website, it will affect search here.
Selecting Third Party sources will allow you to create a booking for dates with no rates or availability. This is due to the fact that the search requirements are different with Third- Party sources than those of Primary sources.
When creating reservations from OTAs manually (Booking.com, Expedia, etc), the system will require the Source Reservation ID / Third party confirmation number. Make sure to enter the correct reservation ID. Only with this information, the communication between myfrontdesk and the channel manager (myallocator) will be successful in case of modifications or cancellations.
- Select Check-In and Check-Out dates
- Enter Promo-code (if needed): it will apply discount immediately if you have a package with promo code created on the Rate Plans & Packages page.
- Switch the view to Split View to create a split reservation across multiple room types
- Select whether to display accommodations available based on Base Rates, Rate Plans & Packages or Promotional Rates (rate plan with promo code)
- Select Accommodations: You can search availability for certain room types
- Click Search to display the availability of the given parameters.
- On this screen you will see the room types and their availability. The red icon means that room type is not available to sell on that particular day. The system will not let you select the room.
- Select the room type and dates that are applicable for the stay
- Once a room type and dates are checked, they will be populated in the Reservation section which gives you a brief summary of the dates/room type/price selected
- If needed, you can click Edit to change room rate
- The flag symbol represents that this one reservation has split accommodations and will require room moves by the guests
- Select the number of Adults, Child, and quantity of rooms
- Click on the ADD button to proceed to the next step
In the following scenario, the guest will be at the property from December 30th to January 2nd. However, there is no continuous availability for the same room type for that period.
The guest is willing to stay in different room types during their stay, in this case, the split view works perfectly. You can accommodate your guest as following:
- Sea View Room for December 30th
- Family Room on December 31st
- Then, they can move again to the Sea View Room on January 1st.
- You can only create a reservation across multiple room types with consecutive dates (there can't be a gap between the dates)
- The system will prompt an error message if 2 room types are selected on the same day
If the guest wants two different intervals in one booking:
- Check in January 1st - Check out January 2nd
- Check in January 4th - Check out January 5th
The system will not allow you to make a reservation using the split view with a gap between selected dates as shown below. In this case, you need to create a new reservation for the second booking.
- In Accommodations section, you can review all the accommodations added
- You can also see the price summary: Sub-Total, Taxes & Fees, Grand Total, Suggested Deposit (if applicable), and Balance Due.
- Click Booking Details to proceed to the next step
On the new page, you may start filling in the information about the primary guest. If it's a group booking, you'll be able to add information about them on the next screen.
Mandatory fields are only:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email (if you don't have guest's email, you can add a temporary information like email@example.com and update later)
These fields should be always completed and can't be removed or made not mandatory.
- Enter guest's Estimated arrival time (optional)
- Enter Primary Guest Information
- First Name*
- Last Name*
- Cell Phone
- Date of Birth
- Personal Tax ID Number
- Company Name
- Company Tax ID Number
If you have a repeat guest, you can start typing their name or email and the system will suggest you the autofill* of their details, if you have this feature available.
*Cloudbeds believes every lodging business is unique. We have tools for every size and budget to establish and grow. Reach out to our Support Team for more information on each available package.
- Enter Guest Address
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Postal/ZIP Code
- Enter Guest Document information
- Type of Document (can only be selected from the drop-down list, more type of document will be added in the future)
- Document number
- Document issue date
- Document issuing country
- Document expiration date
- Take Photo of the gust if you have a webcam or upload a photo
- Click 'Guests' if you have multiple guests belonging to one reservation,
- Click Add-Ons if you want to add the add-ons to the booking
- Click Confirm & Pay if you wish to add the payment to the booking and confirm it.
Additional Guests' Details
Additional guest options will only be available if there are one or more occupants assigned to this accommodation type.
You may enter the details of several guests staying at your property.
- Select the accommodation
- Assign the room to the guest (optional)
- Click Guest 2 to enter the additional guest details, you can follow the same steps described above
If you want the system to auto-populate the information from the primary guest, leave the fields blank.
- Reservation Summary: Displays guest reservation in detail
- Accommodations Summary: Displays details of the rooms booked
The flag sign shows that the reservation has split accommodations and will require room moves during their stay.
- Price Summary: Displays room rates, taxes, totals and suggested deposit if applicable In the payment information, it will display the type of payment used.
- Select whether you would like to automatically check-in the guest to room upon completing the reservation. If the room was not pre-assigned in the guest details section, a pop-up box will appear for you to assign the room.
- Guests: Goes back to the previous step
- Click on Confirm Reservation to complete the process. A pop-up box will ask if you want to send email to the guest before proceeding, you can either select send or continue without sending.
Reservation is complete
- The flags show that the reservation has split accommodations
- If the reservation is made for a group with multiple accommodations, for example, 1 room type for the entire stay and the other room type is a split (meaning guest needs to move to a different room in middle of their stay), you will be able to identify them by the dash sign (-) or by hovering over the reservation ID.