This feature requires the Cloudbeds Premier plan or higher/equivalent.
This article will walk you through the process of how to set up the Add-Ons for your property in myfrontdesk. If you need to update existing Add-Ons or if you want to create them, please follow the steps below.
Are you interested in this feature? Please send an email to email@example.com and we will help you.
Before creating your Add-Ons, you should create an Item/Service first.
Login to your myfrontdesk account
- Click on Settings (gear icon)
- Items and Services
- Click on "+ New Item"
* You can click and drag items to re-order them
* To learn more about Stock Inventory, check our knowledge base article: Stock Inventory
- Enter the item Name (if it is a product then you can track stock inventory for it).
- SKU Number - Required (If you press the tab button in this section the system will automatically assign a SKU Number to item).
- Enter Item/Product Code if necessary (optional).
- Category - Link the item to the designated category. If you don't have categories yet, click on "Create New Category."
- Description - (optional).
- Mandatory Notes - If selected, you need to enter a note on every item you add on reservations.
- Price - Enter the price for a single item. If there is no price associated, select the box "This item does not have a price," this way you can enter a price manually when adding the item to a reservation.
- Add taxes or fees that will be associated with the item. If the taxes or fees are not listed, you will need to click on the link "CREATE/MODIFY TAX OR FEE."
- Do not track stock inventory - The system will update the quantity available whenever a transaction is posted. If you don't want the system to keep track of stock for a specific item, select this option.
- Stock quantity - Enter the quantity of the product that is currently available for sale at the property.
- If you would like to be notified when the current stock quantity of the item reaches a specific quantity, enter the quantity here. If you do not want to be notified, leave this field empty. Threshold quantity should typically be lower than available quantity.
- Choose to stop selling the product if the remaining inventory quantity of this stock reaches below the value specified or continue selling even below 0 availability.
- Click the "SAVE ITEM" button to ensure that all transactions are saved properly.
Under Property Configuration:
1. Click on Add-ons
2. "+ New Add-On"
- Add-on name (this will be displayed on the booking engine mybookings).
- Select Inventory Item (previously created).
- Charge Type: Select whether it is charged per reservation, night, room/bed, room/bed per night, guest, guest per night or quantity.
- Transaction code (Internal only, optional).
- Select when the add-on will be available (arrival, departure or both). If "Not Applicable" is selected, it is irrelevant whether the guest checks in or checks out on a day that an add-on is available.
- Select if the transaction should be posted immediately when receiving the transaction or when checking in the reservation.
- Choose if you want to keep posted or void the transaction in case of cancellation/no show.
- Upload an image (optional).
Click on Add Interval
- Set interval name, (internal only).
- Set date range.
- Select whether there is a minimum overlap for this add-on to be available (Minimum number of consecutive reservation days that the add-on must be available.)
- Select the room types you want this add-on to be available for.
- Fill up with prices and day(s) of the week that this service/product should be offered.
- In case you offer this add-on with a different price during the year, for example, you can simply add a new date range to set it.
The Add-on will show up on the reservation page in the booking engine after confirmation.
When a guest books/purchases an add-on, you will receive 2 separate emails from myfrontdesk:
1. Reservation summary email without the add-on purchase:
2. Reservation summary email with the add-on purchase:
The add-on will be automatically added to the guest's folio.
To check how many add-on orders you have during a specific date range, please follow the steps below:
- Access Transactions report
2. Click on the filter drop-down 'Description'
3. Select your add-on items only and leave the rest unselected
Below is how the result will look: