This feature requires the Cloudbeds Plus plan or higher/equivalent.
Custom fields are used to collect and store further information about a guest. This quick guide will show you how to easily add a new custom field in myfrontdesk.
To add a new custom field, click on the green "Add New" button on the Custom Fields page. When adding a new custom field, you'll have the following options:
- Custom Field Name: Enter the name for the field that you would like to create
- What type of field would you like to add? Select either "Input Field" or "Text Area" for the field’s type. Text area allows more text than the input field
- Max. Characters: Maximum number of characters allowed to be entered in this field.
- Internal Field Shortcode: Internal reference and is used for integration purposes such as custom links and the API
- Apply custom field to: Select whether to put this field in the reservation or customer section of the booking.
- Where would you like this field to display? Specify where in myfrontdesk you want this custom field to appear - Direct Reservations (added manually), Booking Engine (mybookings) or Registration Card
- Is this field required? Specify whether this field is required to be filled out before a guest can make a reservation.
- Does this field contain any Personally Identifiable Information?: For privacy and GDPR compliance, a customer can request to see their personally identifiable information (PII) at any time. The guest can also ask for their PII to be anonymized or deleted. Checking "yes" on this custom field confirms this field will be asking the guest for information that could personally identify them.
To learn more about Privacy Compliance check this article from our knowledge base: Cloudbeds' GDPR and Data Privacy Commitments
Once you've completed creating your custom field, click on the blue "Save" button to confirm the changes.
Please note that the custom fields will be displayed on the invoices as long as the guest or property users have filled them out. If the field was left blank (initially), the system will not include this on the invoice.