Email scheduling is a feature that allows properties to send emails to the guest based on a specific schedule. Currently myfrontdesk provides 2 main schedule options: based on specific number of days before or after arrival or departure and based on reservation status changes
To access the feature, follow these steps:
1. In the Configuration menu on the left, scroll down to Email Configuration and press 'Email Scheduling'
2. Create Email Schedule:
3. Give a name to your Email Schedule
4. Select Email Template from the Email Templates manually created by the property (see the section below 'How to create an Email Template for Schedule' below for detailed information)
5. Choose when to send email:
- Specific number of days before or after arrival or departure
- When a reservation status changes
6. Advanced options: Choose specific sources (emails will be scheduled for specific sources only) or dates you prefer the emails to be sent out automatically
If a user does not select “Send email template only for specified sources” then the email will go out to all sources. Starting from mid-February 2018 this will also include reservations from channels connected through myallocator (Cloudbeds channel manager).
7. Create Schedule
Currently, only new custom email templates can be scheduled. Pre-existing (default) email templates can't be added to a schedule.
You may only apply a schedule to manually created templates (not the email created in system by default: Reservation Confirmed, Canceled, Pending Confirmation, Invoice, Folio).
To create a template to be sent out to the guests automatically in the future, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Email Configuration -> Email Templates
2. Press 'Create Template'
This section has the following options:
3. Language-specific templates
4. An email that the guests will see as the sender's address
5. An email to which reply will be sent if guest chooses to reply
6. CC and BCC list options
7. Choose Subject
8. Upload attachments
9. Choose content type
10. Choose pre-styled designs or create a custom design through HTML
11. Enter and customize your email
12. Save changes
You may find more detailed information about Email Templates in this article - Email Templates
If a user does not select “Send email template only for specified sources” then the email will automatically go out to all reservation from all sources including reservations from channels connected (booking.com, Expedia, Agoda etc).
EXAMPLE 1: I create a schedule to send welcome email 2 days before check-in.
HOW IT WORKS: Today is 28 Feb. New booking has come in with check in date 1 March. Welcome email won't be scheduled for this booking, as 2 days before checkin for this booking is 27 Feb which has already passed.
If booking comes with checkin date 3 March - email will be scheduled, as 2 days before checkin is 1 March which is in the future.
EXAMPLE 2: I create schedule to send email 0 days after checkout at 12.00 pm.
HOW IT WORKS: Today is 28 Feb, booking's checkout day is 28 Feb. If I check out the guest at 12.05 pm - the email won't be scheduled. If I check out the guest at 11.59 am - email will be scheduled.
Once you disable the schedule - all related scheduled emails will be removed (will not be sent).
If you decide to re-enable the schedule later - the emails will be out back to the schedule but only under several conditions:
1) you need to switch the schedule toggle to 'Active' AND click 'Edit' > 'Save' on the schedule settings
2) schedule rules should be still met (ex. if the email is scheduled to be sent 10 days before check-in, the date you activated the schedule should be at least 10 days before check-in)
3) the following schedule types will be applied to the reservartions in status:
"Before check in" - only for confirmed reservations
"before_check_out" - only for reservations with status checked_in
"after_check_in" - only for reservations with status checked_in
"after_check_out" - only for reservations with status checked_out
"after_booking" - for any statuses