Email scheduling is a feature that allows properties to send emails to the guest based on a specific schedule. Currently, myfrontdesk provides 2 main schedule options: based on a specific number of days before or after arrival or departure and based on reservation status changes.
To access the feature, follow these steps:
1. In the Configuration menu on the left, scroll down to Email Configuration and press 'Email Scheduling'
2. Create Email Schedule:
3. Give a name to your Email Schedule
4. Select Email Template from the Email Templates manually created by the property (see the section below 'How to create an Email Template for Schedule' below for detailed information)
5. Choose when to send email:
- A specific number of days before or after arrival or departure
- When a reservation status changes
6. Advanced options: Choose specific sources (emails will be scheduled for specific sources only) or dates you prefer the emails to be sent out automatically
If a user does not select “Send email template only for specified sources” then the email will go out to all sources. Starting from mid-February 2018 this will also include reservations from channels connected through myallocator (Cloudbeds channel manager).
7. Create Schedule
Currently, only new custom email templates can be scheduled. Pre-existing (default) email templates can't be added to a schedule.
You may only apply a schedule to manually created templates (not the emails created in the system by default: Reservation Confirmed, Canceled, Pending Confirmation, Invoice, Folio).
To create a template to be sent out to the guests automatically in the future, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Email Configuration -> Email Templates
2. Press 'Create Template'
This section has the following options:
3. Language-specific templates - Enabling Autofill All Languages will override all templates languages with the version below.
4. Send From - Email address from which the email will be sent. Some email domains (such as Yahoo) do not permit Cloudbeds to send emails using your email address, we suggest to test it first.
5. Reply To - Email address that will be populated in the "To" field when the "Reply" button is clicked on the email
6. Email Type - Templates flagged as marketing emails will only be sent to guests who opt-in for marketing. Non-marketing emails will be sent to all guests you have ongoing business relations with.
7. Choose Subject - Text that will appear as the subject of the email. To add dynamic content such as the name of the guest or phone number, use the "Insert Merge Tag" picklist below.
8. Attachments - Upload any attachments you would like to be included whenever this email template is sent.
9. Design Style - click on "Change" and you will be able to choose pre-styled designs (10) or create a custom design through HTML
11. Enter and customize your email
12. Save changes
You may find more detailed information about Email Templates in this article - Email Templates
If a user does not select “Send email template only for specified sources” then the email will automatically go out to all reservations from all sources including reservations from channels connected (booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, etc).
EXAMPLE 1: I create a schedule to send welcome email 2 days before check-in.
HOW IT WORKS: Today is 28 Feb. New booking has come in with check-in date 1 March. Welcome email won't be scheduled for this booking, as 2 days before check-in for this booking is 27 Feb which has already passed.
If booking comes with check-in date 3 March - email will be scheduled, as 2 days before check-in is 1 March which is in the future.
EXAMPLE 2: I create schedule to send email 0 days after checkout at 12.00 pm.
HOW IT WORKS: Today is 28 Feb, booking's checkout day is 28 Feb. If I check out the guest at 12.05 pm - the email won't be scheduled. If I check out the guest at 11.59 am - email will be scheduled.
Once you disable the schedule - all related scheduled emails will be removed (will not be sent).
If you decide to re-enable the schedule later - the emails will be out back to the schedule but only under several conditions:
1) you need to switch the schedule toggle to 'Active' AND click 'Edit' > 'Save' on the schedule settings
2) schedule rules should be still met (ex. if the email is scheduled to be sent 10 days before check-in, the date you activated the schedule should be at least 10 days before check-in)
3) the following schedule types will be applied to the reservations in status:
"Before check-in" - only for confirmed reservations
"before_check_out" - only for reservations with status checked_in
"after_check_in" - only for reservations with status checked_in
"after_check_out" - only for reservations with status checked_out
"after_booking" - for any statuses
Here is how you can see your scheduled e-mail under the email messages tab when you access the reservation:
In order to see scheduled e-mails as shown above, the following conditions of reservation source and current reservation status should be met:
1. Reservation came from OTAs:
|Current Reservation Status:||Types of scheduled e-mails that will be sent:|
|No Show||No Show|
|In-House||Checked-In, After Check-In, Before Check-Out, After Booking|
|Checked-Out||Checked-Out, After Check-Out|
|Confirmed||Confirmed, Before Check-In, After Booking|
|Confirmation Pending||Not Confirmed, After Booking|
2. If you had reservation import (you can find more about this feature here):
|Current Reservation Status:||
Types of scheduled e-mails that will be sent:
|Checked-Out||After Check Out|
3. Direct booking - all scheduled e-mails will be shown, and it does not depend on the reservation status.
Example: when the reservation came from a channel and it currently has the status Confirmed, the system will only display the following 3 scheduled e-mails:
- Before check-in
- After booking
If the reservation has a "Checked out" status, the system will display one of these scheduled e-mails:
- Checked out
- After check-out