Email scheduling is a feature that allows properties to send emails to the primary guest based on a specific schedule. Currently, myfrontdesk provides 2 main schedule options:
- Based on a specific number of days before or after arrival or departure
- Based on reservation status changes
If you don't see the Email Scheduling Settings, it means that your user has no permission to access. Please contact the Property Owner, based on your role, they can enable System Email Permission under your user's role. Learn more about Roles and Permissions
- In order for the emails to be scheduled and sent to the guest - there should be an email address included in the guest's details inside the reservation. Please note that the scheduled emails will only be sent to the primary guest of the reservation.
- Currently, only new custom email templates can be scheduled. Pre-existing or default email templates created in the system (Reservation Confirmed, Canceled, Pending Confirmation, Invoice, Folio) can't be added to a schedule. Click the following article to learn how to create a custom email template: Email Templates
How to create an Email Schedule
- Click the gear icon 'Manage'
- Access 'Email Scheduling' under Email Configuration section
- Click '+Create Email Schedule'
- Give a name to your Email Schedule
- Select the email template that you manually created
- Choose when to send email:
Immediately upon reservation status changing
Example: If you select 'Cancelled', the email will be sent out immediately when a reservation status changed to 'Cancelled'.
Based on booking date, check-in date, or check-out date
Example: Send a pre-arrival email 2 days prior to arrival date.
- Immediately upon reservation status changing
- Advanced options:
- Send email template only for selected dates: The template will be sent only for the selected date ranges.
- Send email template only for specified sources: The template will be sent only when the reservation is for one of the selected sources.
If a user does not select 'Send email template only for specified sources' then the email will go out to all sources. It also includes reservations from the distribution channels.
- Once you finish, click 'Create Schedule'
Frequently Asked Questions
If a user does not select 'Send email template only for specified sources' then the email will automatically go out to all reservations from all sources including reservations from connected channels (Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, etc).
- I created a schedule to send a "Welcome email" 2 days before check-in
- Today is February 15th, a new booking has come in with check-in date February 16th
How will it work?
- The "Welcome email" will not be sent for this booking, since 2 days before the check-in for this booking is actually February 14th, which has already passed. The system will not recognize this booking as applicable for this email scheduling.
- If a reservation is received with check-in date February 18th, then, the email will be scheduled, 2 days before check-in that is February 16th.
- I created schedule to send email 0 days after checkout at 12.00 PM
- My guest will be checking out today
How will it work?
- If I check out the guest at 12.05 PM - the email will not be scheduled, since the scheduling requirement has already passed.
- If I check out the guest at 11.50 AM - the email will be scheduled, since it is still meeting the scheduling requirement.
- Once you disable the schedule - all related scheduled emails will be removed (will not be sent).
- If you decide to re-enable the schedule later - the emails will be put back to the schedule but only under several conditions:
- You must switch the schedule toggle to 'Active' AND click the button 'Edit', then click 'Save' in the schedule settings
- Schedule rules should be met still (i.e. if the email is scheduled to be sent 10 days before check-in, the date you activated the schedule should be at least 10 days before check-in).
- If you selected the option 'Send email based on booking date, check-in date or check-out date', the following schedule types will be applied to the reservations in status:
- Before Check-in: Only for reservation with status Confirmed
- Before Check-out: Only for reservations with status In-house
- After Check-in: Only for reservations with status In-house
- After Check-out: Only for reservations with status Checked-out
- After Booking: For any statuses (Pending confirmation, Confirmed, In-house, Check-out, Cancelled, or No-show)
Based on the reservation source and status, there are certain criteria the system use to display the scheduled email under 'Email Messages'. See below the list of each schedule type and when the email will be displayed under the 'Email Messages' tab:
|Send email immediately upon reservation status changing to:||Send email based on booking date, check-in date or check-out date:||The email will be displayed under ‘Email Messages’ when the current reservation status is:|
|No show||No Show|
|Checked-in||After Check-in, Before Check-Out||In-House|
|Pending confirmation||Confirmation Pending|
|After Booking||Confirmation Pending, Confirmed, In-House,|
Direct Bookings (mybookings booking engine, phone, email, walk-in)
|Send email immediately upon reservation status change to:||Send email based on booking date, check-in, check-out date:||The email will be displayed under ‘Email Messages’ when the current reservation status is:|
|No show||No show|
|Pending confirmation||Confirmation pending|
|After Booking, Before Check-in, After Check-in, Before Check-out, After Check-out||All status (Confirmation Pending, Confirmed, In-house, Checked-out, Cancelled, No-show)|
Example OTA reservation
You have scheduled the system to send the emails for OTA reservations, 1 day after check-out. You will not see the scheduled email under the 'Email Messages' tab until the reservation status is changed to 'Checked-out'.
Reason: This is to avoid the risk for the emails to be sent mistakenly, since the the status of OTAs reservation is being managed on myfrontdesk.
The time chosen for the email will stay the same. For example the email was previously set to be sent at 4 PM (GMT 00:00). Later the timezone was changed to GMT +01:00, the email will still be sent at 4 PM but now in GMT +01:00.