The deposit configured in the Deposit Policy page will be listed on your booking engine and will be also available when creating direct reservations on your Cloudbeds account.
This article explains how to set up a deposit amount and the different deposit options available in Cloudbeds PMS.
Things to know:
- The Property Owner has access to Hotel Policies by default. The rest of the users can be given permission to manage the Hotel Policies by the Property Owner. Check this article to learn more: Roles and Permissions
- If you have Payment Gateway connected to Cloudbeds PMS, set up automatic or scheduled charge of the deposit amount for bookings from your booking engine and certain channels. Learn more in this article: Setting Payment Options for OTAs
- Use other options in the Policies to define other terms and conditions for which you will accept reservations. These are the terms that will be a legally binding obligation between you and the guest in order to guarantee a room stay at your property.
Access the Deposit Policy page
- Click on Account
- Select Deposit Policy tab
Set up your Deposit Policy
Define what deposit amount do you want to charge your guests. At the moment, it is only possible to apply one type of deposit for all the reservations.
Deposit types can be set by Percentage, Fixed Amount, First Day Price and Do not collect deposit payment. See more details about each type below.
Determine how much in percentage (%) of the reservation total price is the deposit.
- In the Deposit tab, select the Percentage option
- Type the required deposit percentage (%), and select if taxes and fees will be specified as part of the deposit
Fixed amount option is a set amount for every room type per night/per accommodation.
If the fixed deposit amount will be higher than room rate value (when creating a reservation on the booking engine), the system will put the daily room rate as the deposit.
- Select the Fixed Amount option.
- Type the amount that will be charged per accommodation per night.
The first-day price deposit option is equivalent to the combined amount of all rooms for the first day's stay. This deposit is restricted to the daily room rate.
- Select the First Day Price option.
- Select if you will include or not taxes and fees as part of the deposit. See How to include Taxes and Fees in the guest deposit for more information about this feature.
This method is used for properties that do not collect a deposit to secure reservations. With this option, you still have the ability to capture the guest credit card details in the reservation to keep on file.
- In the Deposit tab, select the Do not collect deposit payment at the time of booking option.
- Select if you would like to capture the credit card details to keep on file.
Learn more about other available options to set up your Polices.