Use the Policies tab to define the terms and conditions for which you will accept reservations. These are the terms that will be a legally binding obligation between you and the guest in order to guarantee a room stay at your property.
A guest must accept your terms when they complete the reservation checkout process and you must provide the services under the terms that you have offered them through your website.
In this section, you will be able to set the suggested deposit amount for your guests who book through the booking engine or direct reservation within dashboard. See each setting below:
- Percentage: You can determine how much in percentage (%) of the reservation total price is the deposit.
- Fixed Amount: Fixed amount option is a set amount for every room type per night/per accommodation.
If the fixed deposit amount will be higher than room rate value (when creating reservation on the booking engine), the system will put the daily room rate as the deposit.
- First Day Price: The first day price deposit option is equivalent to the combined amount of all rooms for the first day's stay.
- Do not collect deposit payment at the time of booking: This method is used for properties that do not collect deposit to secure reservations. With this option, you have the ability to capture the guest credit card details for the reservation to keep on file.
Learn more about How to set up a Deposit Policy.
Your guests must be informed about your property's Cancellation Policy, whether or not they will be charged when they cancel their reservation.
On Cloudbeds PMS, you can set up your Cancellation Policy which will be available for guests making direct reservations (through Cloudbeds PMS and the booking engine). It will be displayed on the booking engine and be sent in the default emails to your guests.
- The Cancellation Policy is only informational for guests, it does not charge the guests automatically. All charges need to be done manually.
- This policy will not be sent to any of your connected channels, for OTA reservations, cancellation policies must be added inside the OTAs.
The Cancellation Policy page has two options for users to choose:
- Use Standardized cancellation policies.
- Enter my own custom text cancellation policies.
Learn more about the Cancellation Policy settings.
Terms & Conditions
These are the terms that will be a legally binding obligation between you and the guest in order to guarantee a room stay at your property. A guest must accept your terms when they complete the reservation checkout process and you must provide the services under the terms that you have offered them through your website.
- Learn how to How to set up and update Terms & Conditions for your property
- On the following article you can also find Terms & Conditions templates.
Arrival & Departure
Enter your property's normal check in and check out times. This information will be listed on your booking engine as well as the email confirmations.
The check-in/check-out time specified in this section is informational only. Should you enable the Late Check Out feature, it is only used as an informational field and does not check nor update your availability.
Learn how to Update Arrival, Departure and Late Check-out Information for your property.
Select if your direct reservations will have the Confirmed status by default, or if you prefer them to have the Confirmation Pending status instead. This status will apply to the manually created reservations as well as the ones received via the booking engine.
New direct reservations will be created with the Confirmed status.
New direct reservations will be marked as Confirmation Pending until a staff member of your property changes the reservation status manually. When confirming the reservation, you will be asked whether to send a confirmation email to the guest.
Click here for more details about the Confirmation Pending tab.