This feature requires the payment gateway feature to be enabled.
If you have certain OTAs (such as booking.com or Expedia), those OTAs will send your guest's credit card numbers to our system for any reservations that were not prepaid. With this credit card data, you can configure myfrontdesk to manage payments for those reservations automatically.
This functionality also applies to your mybookings reservations.
Here is the process in a nutshell:
- A guest books your property on a supported channel below and secures the reservation with a credit card. The channel places an initial verification on the credit card to ensure it is a valid card.
- The reservation is imported into myfrontdesk and includes the guest's credit card details.
- Once your payment gateway connection is set up properly, our system will do one of three things based on your configuration for the channel:
- Do nothing
- Authorize the credit card for the amount of deposit, but do not collect the payment
- Process the payment for the amount of deposit (immediately or certain # of days before arrival date)
If payment processing fails you will receive an email notification. The system won't retry payment until the credit card is updated. Once correct credit card details have been updated (manually or via channel) processing needs to be done manually in the Reservation > Credit Cards.
Please note, virtual credit cards provided from third party channels may have specific processing requirements. Please confirm the channel’s virtual credit card policy before setting your payment processing method. Some virtual cards can only be charged on the day of check out and on the exact amount sent by the channel.
Example: Agoda Collect cards can only be charged the day after arrival.
Step 1: Set up the Channel(s)
Before you can set the payment options for the external OTAs, you must first set up those channels within Distribution. Please see our Distribution Setup Guide if you need assistance.
Step 2: Set up your Payment Gateway
The next step is to set up your Payment Gateway, which allows you to process, verify, and accept or decline credit card transactions on behalf of the merchant through secure Internet connections. For assistance in that process, please see our Payment Processing Setup Guide.
Step 3: Configure your Payment Options
- Go to Payment Options page
- Scroll down to Processing Methods section
- Choose one of the following three options:
- Do nothing. I will process payments at a later time.
- Authorize credit card for the amount of deposit, but do not collect the payment.
- Process the payment for the amount of deposit.
4. Click SAVE
At this time (November 2018), the channels supported for automatic payment options are:
- Agoda (Agoda Collect)
- Agoda (Hotel Collect)
- Booking.com (Booking.com Collect)
- Booking.com (Hotel Collect)
- Expedia (Expedia Collect)
- Expedia (Hotel Collect)
- Traveloka (Channel Collect)
- Traveloka (Hotel Collect)
- Ingoibibo (MakeMyTrip) (Channel Collect)
- Ingoibibo (MakeMyTrip) (Hotel Collect)