Cloudbeds Booking Engine is our commission-free booking engine for your website and Facebook page.
On the Booking Engine Settings page, you may control many of the booking engine's features like Accommodation Allotment, same-day booking settings, mandatory fields to be filled by guests, language preferences or insert a redirect URL.
Learn more about the Cloudbeds Booking Engine.
- The options set on this page will be applied only for your Cloudbeds Booking Engine account and will not be sent to OTAs.
- Some Booking Engine options may not be available for certain Cloudbeds packages. Reach out to our Support Team if you have any doubts or specific requests.
The Gallery Design shows large photos, and rate plans for the same room type grouped together.
Learn more about the Gallery Design.
Show Lowest Sales Price
- Guests will see the lowest price for 1 night stay:
Show Accommodation Total Price for Stay (default option)
- Guests will see the price for the room multiplied by number of days they want to book:
With option Allow guests to book specific accommodations on the Booking Engine you may sell individual rooms within the selected room type:
- Customize the name, description, and images for each individual room on the Accommodation Types page by choosing the room type and scrolling down to (Optional) Accommodation naming and Organization section.
- Check How to sell individual accommodations on your Booking Engine for more details.
- See Marketing Opt-In (for properties with GDPR enabled) to know more about this feature.
- Click here to learn how to enable GDPR.
Configure the marketing opt-in/opt-out option to display on the booking engine.
- If No is selected: Guests will not be able to opt-in to your marketing emails* during the booking process on the Booking Engine.
- If Yes is selected: Guest will be able to decide whether to opt-in to marketing emails* from your property.
Type additional content that explains what this marketing might include. You will be able to specify the text in each language supported by the booking engine. Provide clear, concise text that indicates a guest is opting out of any marketing related emails. Email templates where the type is set to Marketing on the Email Templates settings page.
See example below (See numbers in the first screenshot Cloudbeds PMS and where they relate to 2nd screenshot Booking Engine:
- If the guests opts-in to additional marketing, the property can schedule marketing-related emails.
- Both guest and property can opt-out the guest, but only the guest can opt-in to marketing content.
- When GDPR is enabled for the first time, all emails will be set to non-marketing type, but it can be changed by the user.
Enabling these settings will make certain fields mandatory for your guests to fill in when they book through the booking engine:
- Hide Map: When enabled, the map will be hidden on the booking page. Learn more here.
- Ask for a Postal Address
- Ask for Nationality
- Ask for Gender: Guests will be prompted to provide their gender when booking. At this time, there will be the options of male or female). Even if you have shared room (dorm) for specific gender (female dorm, male dorm), the system will still allow you to select any gender in the booking engine and book the dorm.
- Ask for Personal Tax ID Number
- Ask for Company Name
- Ask for Company Tax ID Name
- Require Telephone Number to book
- Ask for Estimated Arrival Time: When enabled you can choose the time format.
- Require acceptance of terms and conditions
Edit your Terms and Conditions on the Policies page.
Other Booking Engine Settings
If Redirect on confirmation page is selected, guests will be redirected to the provided URL once the booking is completed. Enter after how many seconds the redirect will be initiated. This will not redirect to a Facebook URL.
When enabled, choose how many rooms you would like to sell on the Booking Engine and limit the number of rooms sold.
- When set up for the first time, the Quantity to Sell field will be populated with the number of rooms you have for the corresponding room type.
- With Quantity to Sell set to 0, the system blocks a room type from being sold on the Booking Engine (Example: on the screenshot below Standard Double Room will not be bookable on the Booking Engine)
- In the same example below, the total available number of the Blue Dorm is 6, but the quantity to sell is set to 3, which means, that there will not be any availability shown on the Booking Engine after 3 Blue Dorm rooms are sold.
This option does not close the sale of the accommodation type for other sources, only for the Booking Engine. To limit the number of rooms to sell on OTA, go to Availability Matrix and reduce the Amount Allotted for Sale.
Select whether to ask your guests for CVV code when entering credit card information (credit card payments only)
Select which languages you would like to appear on your booking engine for guests to choose from.
The languages selected will appear on the top right corner of the booking engine screen for your guests. The number of languages is constantly updated:
See the Frequently Asked Questions if you have any doubts about the Booking Engine.