This article will walk you through the steps to have only (promotional) rate plans and packages displayed (without base rates) in your booking engine.
Please Note: The steps below will be available only if myfrontdesk (PMS) is the main source of your rates and availability.
If rates and availability for mybookings booking engine are controlled by myallocator (channel manager by Cloudbeds), the steps below will not work.
You can check this article if you also plan to Sync Rate Plans to Distribution Channels (OTAs)
1. Click the 'Rates and Availability' tab.
2. Select 'Rate Plans & Packages'.
3. Click to edit the desired package.
If you do not have any Rate Plans & Packages created, refer to this article to for a step-by-step guide on how to create them.
4. Make sure that your rate plan is available for mybookings (website).
5. Under the 'Availability' section, click the pencil icon for the rate plan to edit.
6. Confirm the intervals of the rate plan/package include all rooms you wish to sell at a special rate.
7. Specify the number of rooms and the price for each room type.
Saleable Accommodations: Select the number of rooms you would like to assign to this package. Only the specified number of rooms will be sold using this promotion. The remaining accommodations will not be displayed and the only way these remaining accommodations can be sold is by manually adding a reservation in the system.
Apply to all accommodations: This will automatically list the saleable quantity as the maximum number of accommodations for each room type. This is the recommended option unless you would like to set accommodations aside for walk-ins.
1. Click 'Manage' (gear icon).
2. Go to 'Mybookings Settings'.
3. Under 'Allotment', set the Quantity to Sell as zero (0) for the desired rooms to sell with the special rates only. Remember that by doing this, your base rate will not be displayed on your booking engine.
4. Double check the option "Limit number of accommodations of the same type that guests can book on a single reservation". If it is unchecked - no further actions are needed. If it is checked - make sure that "the limit per person" field for the desired room type has a number higher than zero (0), otherwise, the room type will not be shown on mybookings page.
5. Click 'Save' to apply changes:
When you try to make a reservation in mybookings you will see that the applicable rooms are shown only with the rate plan prices. Base Rates will not be displayed:
But if you set your promotional rate plan as an additional value, to make the prices bigger, not as a discount to the initial pricing, the initial pricing will not be shown as crossed value (as you can see above). The guests will see only the special price as below: