This feature requires the Cloudbeds Plus plan or higher/equivalent.
On the 'Rate Plans' page, you can create special offers and packages for discounted daily rates or upsell other services as a package. Packages can be created for any period, including availability on specific days of the week and with minimum and maximum length of stay limitations.
As of March 2020, myfrontdesk rate plans can be synced with channels - Please check further details on the following article: How to sync Rate Plans to Distribution Channels?
Where to use rate plans & packages:
- OTAs / Distribution Channels (as of March, 2020)
- Reservations booked on your property's website / Facebook booking engine (via Mybookings)
- Manual reservations created in this system
Access Rate Plans and Packages
- Open your myfrontdesk account and go to 'Rate Plans & Packages' page
- Click '+New Rate Plan'
How to Setup
- Enter Rate Plan name (Public): Rate Plan name that will be displayed upon creating a new reservation and on the Internet Booking Engine.
- Enter Rate Plan name (Private): this is an internal Name for the package that will not be displayed upon creating reservations and on the Internet Booking Engine. This is used to name rate plans differently if they all have similar names (ie Breakfast Included - August, Breakfast Included - September, etc).
Is this a derived Rate Plan?
Please check further details below:
If you select 'Yes': derived rate plan is a percentage or amount higher or lower than the base rate (i.e. 10% higher than the base rate, $15 lower than base rate). This is a perfect option in case you have a fixed discount/price increase for specific conditions of stay, for example, -10% for all stays which are longer than 5 nights.
When you create a derived rate plan, the interval added on the same page below will be automatically filled out with the percentage/rate entered:
If you have price differentials configured, rate plan prices could also be affected. For more information about Price Differentials, please see How to set price differentials in the availability matrix
If you select 'No': non-derived rate plan require you to enter package rates for each day of week within rate plan interval.
If you have Price Differential feature configured, note that it will not affect non-derived rate plans by default. You would have to set it up in the Price Differentials settings. For more details on this, please see How to set price differentials in the availability matrix.
4. Promotion Code (for mybookings only): If you would like this rate plan or package to show only when a promotion code is entered, select "Yes". This rate plan will only appear if the correct promotion code is entered.
5. If you enable the promo code option and enter a promo code, you'll be given a direct link to the mybookings page with the promo code applied in advance.
6. Select add-ons included in your package: select certain add-ons to make them part of the package rate. If the room costs 100 per day with a special offer and you add 'Breakfast' as an add-on to the package, the guest should pay 100 for both the room and breakfast.
7. Select which sources* rate plan will be available for.
*This applies to direct reservations only (added manually or booked via booking engine). Important: If Website isn't selected, this rate plan won't show up on the booking engine.
8. Channel Mapping: select if you would like to make this rate plan available for channel mapping. Selecting "YES" will enable this rate plan for all channels that support rate plan mapping
Please note that this feature is currently in a pilot phase and not enabled for all users. If you would like to join the pilot, please email email@example.com
Please check out this article to learn How to sync Rate Plans to Distribution Channels
If you choose 'YES', the following warning will be displayed. Click on 'OK' to proceed and once you finish your rate plan set up, you can sync to channels.
The information below will be displayed on mybookings in the format selected:
9. Inclusions: What does the package include? Ex. Breakfast, Shuttle, etc.
10. Policies: Enter the package policies. Please note that it's the responsibility of the system user and the property's guests to follow the policies. Policies entered here can't be controlled by the system.
11. Image: Upload an image to promote your package.
1. After entering basic information scroll down and click 'Add Interval'
At least ONE interval needs to be added in order to save the rate plan
Rate Plan form fields marked with a green icon can be sent to OTAs / Channels once rate plans are mapped and if it's supported by the channel. Please read this article to check which channels support this feature.
2. Enter interval name
3. Select accommodations to which package will be applied
4. Select the date range for package (start and end dates)
5. Select on which days of the week the package will be available for sale
6. Enter restrictions for the package if needed (not mandatory)
Useful Knowledge Base Articles:
7. Saleable Accommodations. Here you can:
- Keep 'ALL' selected and apply to all rooms
- Uncheck 'All' box in order to specify how many accommodations of a certain type you allow to sell with package pricing.
8. Rate: If your plan is non-derived - enter the package rate for each day of the week. If the rates are the same for each day of the week - enter it once and click 'Apply' under 'Apply to all' column.
9. Additional Guest Pricing: If you charge an additional fee for adults or children not included in the rate, you can indicate the price of each additional adult and child below.
- Use the same as base rate: the same price for each additional adult and/or child set on base rates will be applied.
- Derive by same value as rate plan: the derived price for each additional adult and/or child set on base rates will be applied.
Custom: you can indicate a new price for each additional adult and/or child for this rate interval.
10. Click 'Add Interval' to save interval.
After you have added an interval to your rate plan, click 'SAVE' blue button at the bottom of the screen.
You may add as many intervals as you wish by clicking 'Add Interval'.
Once you saved your rate plan, you will be redirected to 'Rate Plans' page, where you can:
- Search for Rate Plans
- Disable package for mybookings - This does NOT control whether or not a rate plan is available for channel sync.
- Check the rate plan sync status - This column shows if you have enabled a Rate Plan for channel mapping. Enabling rate plans here does not mean they are immediately synced to channels. Click here to check further details
- Edit, Copy or Delete package by clicking on the gear icon
- You can use the rate plan filter which is added to Create New Reservation menu
- The promo code input field can help you to use discounts by entering promo code when creating a direct reservation
- If a booking was made with a rate plan - this will be displayed on the reservation details page under 'Rate Plan' section
1. Go to the Rates -> Special Rates and Packages page in the top menu of myfrontdesk.
2. Click 'Add New Package'.
3. Give an internal name (just for your reference) and an external name (which will be made public) to your package.
4. Select 'Derived plan'.
5. Select the minus sign ("-") and percentage ("%"), since we will give a percentage discount in relation to the base rate.
The rule we want to put in is that for any booking of 3 nights within the selected period, an overnight stay will be free, which means that when you book 3 nights, the guest will have 33.34% discount on the total amount. For example, if we created a 4-night package for the price of 3, the discount would be 25%.
Then enter the number 33.34 in the value field.
6. Complete the other additional sources, item data, description, terms, and conditions and add an image that illustrates the package. We recommend including in the Terms and Conditions the rules of use of the promotional rate to avoid misunderstandings. A non-refundable early check-in (or check-in) is a common practice.
7. Under the 'Availability' section, click 'Add Interval.' We will add the periods in which the package is in effect.
8. Select room types that this package applies.
9. Select the start date and end date of package availability. The promotional package will be visible to guests who select arrival and departure dates within the period.
10. Set the minimum and maximum length of stay to 3 days. You can also include extra rules according to your strategy.
11. Scroll down and click 'Add Interval'.
12. Save everything. It is also recommended to access your booking engine and test this promo.
Remember that 'Closed to Arrival' works differently here, if you wish to close a day for arrival in this interval, you will have to create a new interval, select the same period, select only the day of the week you want to close to arrival, and select the close to arrival rule.
The system doesn't allow you to do so because it will override the rate plan rule. If you want to change the rate plan prices, please visit the 'Rate Plans & Packages' tab.
For each of your promotions, you will need to build a separate rate plan and enter the Availability & Rate interval within that rate plan.
The reason you received the message "You have chosen dates that are overlapping with an existing interval" is due to the reason that the system is notifying users that you already have inputted a interval for that time frame and by choosing to proceed, it will update the rate plan to the new interval.