This feature requires the Cloudbeds Plus plan or higher/equivalent.
On the 'Rate Plans' page, you can create special offers and packages for discounted daily rates or upsell other services as a package. Packages can be created for any period, including availability on specific days of the week and with minimum and maximum length of stay limitations.
IMPORTANT: Rate plans created in myfrontdesk will only appear for direct reservations created within the system and online reservations through your property's website (mybookings) and Facebook booking engines. Rate plans and packages are not shared or synced with any OTAs or distribution channels. In order to create a rate plan for a channel, please contact your Channel Account Manager.
1. Open your myfrontdesk account and go to 'Rate Plans & Packages' page
2. Click '+New Rate Plan'
3. Enter Rate Plan name (Public): Rate Plan name that will be displayed upon creating a new reservation and on the Internet Booking Engine.
4. Enter Rate Plan name (Private): this is an internal Name for the package that will not be displayed upon creating reservations and on the Internet Booking Engine. This is used to name rate plans differently if they all have similar names (ie Breakfast Included - August, Breakfast Included - September, etc).
5. Is this a derived Rate Plan?
If you select 'Yes': derived rate plan is a percentage or amount higher or lower than the base rate (i.e. 10% higher than the base rate, $15 lower than base rate). This is a perfect option in case you have a fixed discount/price increase for specific conditions of stay, for example, -10% for all stays which are longer than 5 nights.
When you create a derived rate plan, the interval added on the same page below will be automatically filled out with the percentage/rate entered:
If you have price differentials configured, rate plan prices could also be affected. For more information about Price Differentials, please see How to set price differentials in the availability matrix
If you select 'No': non-derived rate plan require you to enter package rates for each day of week within rate plan interval.
If you have Price Differential feature configured, note that it will not affect non-derived rate plans by default. You would have to set it up in the Price Differentials settings. For more details on this, please see How to set price differentials in the availability matrix.
6. Promotion Code: If you would like this rate plan or package to show only when a promotion code is entered, select "Yes". This rate plan will only appear if the correct promotion code is entered.
7. If you enable the promo code option and enter a promo code, you'll be given a direct link to the Mybookings page with the promo code applied in advance.
8. Select which sources rate plan will be available for.
9. Select add-ons included in your package: select certain add-ons to make them part of the package rate. If the room costs 100 per day with a special offer and you add 'Breakfast' as an add-on to the package, the guest should pay 100 for both the room and breakfast.
The information below will be displayed on Mybookings in the format selected:
10. Inclusions: What does the package include? Ex. Breakfast, Shuttle, etc.
11. Policies: Enter the package policies. Please note that it's the responsibility of the system user and the property's guests to follow the policies. Policies entered here can't be controlled by the system.
12. Image: Upload an image to promote your package.
1. After entering basic information scroll down and click 'Add Interval'
2. Enter interval name
3. Select accommodations to which package will be applied
4. Select the date range for package
5. Select on which dates of the week the package will be available
6. Enter restrictions for the package if needed (not mandatory)
To learn more about the cut-off and last-minute booking settings, see How are Cut-off and Last-minute booking settings different?
Package Restrictions Overview
- MinLos: Minimum Length of Stay. Reservations will be refused unless the traveler agrees to create a reservation for the minimum number of nights specified. For example, with MinLos = 2, the package will be available only if the guest stays no less than 2 nights.
- MaxLos: Maximum Length of Stay. Reservations will be refused if the traveler attempts to create a reservation above the maximum number of nights specified. For example, with MaxLos = 5, the package will be available only if the guest stays no longer than 5 nights.
- Cut-off: The package will only be available to guests when they book a reservation at least these many days from the arrival date. For example, with an Early Booking Cutoff of 30, a guest would only be able to book this package if their arrival date is at least 30 days from today. If the arrival date is less than 30 days from today, this package rate will not appear.
- Last Minute Booking: This offer will become available for reservations made within this amount of days prior to the guest's arrival date. Also, the guest's departure date needs to be within the offer's date range. Example: If the user has a Last Minute rate plan with a 1-day setting, this rate plan can appear only if the number of days between arrival date and booking date less or equals to 1.
- Closed to Arrival: "Closed to Arrival" is used to prevent guests from arriving on specific dates within the range. This is particularly useful when combined with the other package restrictions. You may create different intervals to enable "Closed to Arrival".
- Closed to Departure: "Closed to Departure" is used to prevent guests from departure on specific dates within the range. This is particularly useful when combined with the other package restrictions. You may create different intervals to enable "Closed to Departure".
7. Saleable Accommodations: Select how many accommodations of a certain type you allow to sell with package pricing.
8. Rate: If your plan is non-derived - enter the package rate for each day of the week. If the rates are the same for each day of the week - enter it once and click 'Apply' under 'Apply to all' column.
9. Additional Guest Pricing: If you charge an additional fee for adults or children not included in the rate, you can indicate the price of each additional adult and child below.
-Use the same as base rate: If this option is selected, the same price for each additional adult and/or child set on base rates will be applied.
-Custom: If selected, you can indicate a new price for each additional adult and/or child for this rate interval.
10. Click 'Add Interval' to save interval.
You may add as many intervals as you wish by clicking 'Add Interval' (11) as well as edit or delete existing interval (12).
- You can use the rate plan filter which is added to Create New Reservation menu.
- The promo code input field can help you to use discounts by entering promo code when creating a direct reservation.
- If a booking was made with a rate plan - this will be displayed on the reservation details page under 'Rate Plan' section
1. Go to the Rates -> Special Rates and Packages page in the top menu of myfrontdesk.
2. Click 'Add New Package'.
3. Give an internal name (just for your reference) and an external name (which will be made public) to your package.
4. Select 'Derived plan'.
5. Select the minus sign ("-") and percentage ("%"), since we will give a percentage discount in relation to the base rate.
The rule we want to put in is that for any booking of 3 nights within the selected period, an overnight stay will be free, which means that when you book 3 nights, the guest will have 33.34% discount on the total amount. For example, if we created a 4-night package for the price of 3, the discount would be 25%.
Then enter the number 33.34 in the value field.
6. Complete the other additional sources, item data, description, terms, and conditions and add an image that illustrates the package. We recommend including in the Terms and Conditions the rules of use of the promotional rate to avoid misunderstandings. A non-refundable early check-in (or check-in) is a common practice.
7. Under the 'Availability' section, click 'Add Interval.' We will add the periods in which the package is in effect.
8. Select room types that this package applies.
9. Select the start date and end date of package availability. The promotional package will be visible to guests who select arrival and departure dates within the period.
10. Set the minimum and maximum length of stay to 3 days. You can also include extra rules according to your strategy.
11. Scroll down and click 'Add Interval'.
12. Save everything. It is also recommended to access your booking engine and test this promo.
Remember that 'Closed to Arrival' works differently here, if you wish to close a day for arrival in this interval, you will have to create a new interval, select the same period, select only the day of the week you want to close to arrival, and select the close to arrival rule.
First of all, make sure to check all restrictions that might affect rate plan display such as minimum length of stay, Cut Off policy, etc.
If everything is setup correctly but the rate plan is still unavailable, please, check the Reservation Sources.
The website as a source should always be enabled if you'd like your rate plan to be displayed on your website.
Once the source is active, go to the rate plan and add this source to it. Save the changes.
Once it's done the rate plan/promotion will appear on mybookings.
The system doesn't allow you to do so because it will override the rate plan rule. If you want to change the rate plan prices, please visit the 'Rate Plans & Packages' tab.