Please note: The rate plan settings available in myfrontdesk are only for your mybooking engine and internal, first-party reservations.
Not all channels support rate plans, while others offer extremely customizable features for varied pricing. To allow the greatest level of flexibility, myfrontdesk sends out a single, standardizing rate across all your channels. This helps ensure a consistent sync across your multiple OTAs.
If you are connected with a distribution channel which supports dynamic rate plans, you can still use these by creating them inside of the channels extranet based off of the standard rate sent from myfrontdesk. This allows you to make the most of each distribution channels unique pricing features.
- Not all channels support rate plans, while others offer extremely customizable features for varied pricing.
- Myfrontdesk and myallocator send out a single default rate for each room type.
- This is often used by channels to set the price of the room type at max occupancy, but can be set on some OTAs for other amounts.
- Other rate plans can still be created on the OTA, but need to be based off of that standard rate.
- Rate plans for a channel need to be set up in that channel's extranet, based off of the default rate sent by myfrontdesk.
Channels which do support rate plans:
- Most hotel-based channels.
Channels which do not support rate plans:
- Most hostel and vacation-rental based channels
Note: For information on how to set booking.com rate plans, please follow the steps in this article from the myallocator knowledge-base:
For all other channels such as Expedia and Agoda, please continue reading below.
How Rate Plans work with myfrontdesk:
Myfrontdesk uses your base rates to set the default rate of the room in question. From there, when your channel account is setup properly, you can have various rates that are derived (created from) that set base rate.
Example Rate Plans:
Example Room Type:
- 4 Person Queen Room
- Base rate sent from myfrontdesk: $100
Occupancy-based (per person):
- 3 People: Base rate -$10 (rate = $90)
- 2 People: Base rate -$20 (rate = $80)
- 1 Person: Base rate -$25 (rate = $75)
- Non-Refundable: Base rate - 15%
- Early Booker: Base rate - 10%
- Date specific (ex: High season): Base rate + 25%
These are just examples. The values you set while creating these rate plans in your channel are completely up to you and any agreements you have made with that OTA.
To set this up in your distribution channel, please follow the steps below:
Note: In order to rate plans on a distributional channel, you will likely need assistance from your channel account manager on that site.
- 1. Contact your channel account manager, and ask them to setup a Rate Plan that is derived from the standard rate send by myfrontdesk.
- 2. This step must be completed by your channel account manager. Myfrontdesk cannot set these up in your channel's extranet.
- 3. Once the derived rate plan is setup properly, myfrontdesk will manage your "standard" rate plan, and any other rate plans that you have setup on the channel will be based off of that.