The feature Advanced Channel Rates allows users to manage channel rate plans in a centralized location without having to login and edit the rate plans in each channel extranet.
Currently, Advanced Channel Rates is supported by the following channels:
How to sync myfrontdesk rate plans to channels (OTAs)
- Before linking any channel rate plan to myfrontdesk, the rate plan must be created on the channel's extranet first.
- The channel rate plan must not have "rate derivations" in order to allow those rate plans to be controlled by the channel manager. Please check further details on Step 2 - Remove Channel's Rate Derivations
- If the package has a promotional code applied, the rate plan will not be available for channel sync.
- Access myfrontdesk Rate Plans & Packages page and click to create a new rate plan
Check this article for further details about How to Add Rate Plans and Packages
- Create one or more intervals
- Remember to select the accommodation type to enable the rate plans for channel rate plan mapping.
- Only the fields marked with the green symbol, if supported by the channel, will be synced. Examples:
- MinLos and MaxLos, if supported by the channel, will be synced
- Cut-off and Last minute booking, will not be synced
- Save the Rate Plan
All Rate plans created on channel's extranet prior to this new feature (March 2020) can be synced, but you must disable any "rate derivations" on channel's extranet in order to allow those rate plans to be controlled by myallocator (channel manager by Cloudbeds).
Note that channels work differently from each other, so please contact the channel's support team or your Account Manager if you have any questions about rate derivation and how to remove them.
Check the following channel's instructions:
In order to allow the rate plans to be controlled by the channel manager, click the pencil icon to edit the desired rate plan:
Make sure that the rate plan is set as Amount and not as Percentage. It means that you are removing channel's permission to control this rate plan
- Access Rates and Availability
- Click Rate Plans
- Click to Edit the rate plan that is going to be controlled by the channel manager
- Click Edit on the Price row
- Make sure the rate plan in configured as Set as New Rate Plan
- Click Apply Changes
If you are creating a Rate Plan from scratch, make sure to also select the Setup as a new rate plan as shown below. It means that the rate plan will be created as "not derived".
Please contact your Expedia Account Manager or Expedia support team so they can help you to unlink the rate plan that you want the channel manager to control.
Now that you removed the rate derivations from all desired rate plans, it's time to sync them. Please check Step 3. Sync the New Rate Plan to Channels
Let's take Hostelworld channel as an example:
- Access the Channel Distribution page
- For already activated channel, click on Enabled to access the channel mapping
- On Rate Plan Mapping, click View / Edit
If the channel is not yet enabled, you need to proceed through setup flow and map rate plans as desired.
- Click Configure to map desired rate plans for each room type
The rate plans you have created on myfrontdesk are listed on the left side. Use the drop-down menus to map the channel's rate plans to the rate plans on myfrontdesk.
- Hostelworld allows users to have a maximum of four rate plans per room type on their extranet: Standard, Non-Refundable, Bed & Breakfast, Bed & Breakfast Non-Refundable.
- Each rate plan supports the following restrictions: Closed, Minimum Length of Stay, Maximum Length of stay.
Check the following example:
The myfrontdesk 'Last Minute' Rate plan was synced with Channel's Non-Refundable Rate
If you select the same channel rate plan to multiple myfrontdesk rate plans, an error message will be displayed
You need to map the desired rate plans for each room type.
Once you finish, the system will display the rate plans statuses:
- Green checkmark: Rate Plans mapping was completed for this room type
- Yellow warning icon: some rate plans remain unmapped for the room type (it doesn't block you from moving forward - not all rates available on the extranet might need to be mapped with rate plans inside myfrontdesk)
- Red icon: at least one rate plan needs to be mapped to continue to the next step
- Save the changes done and complete the mapping process. Once you finish, the system will automatically send a full refresh to the channel
The only way to check if the rate plan was successfully synced is to verify the channel's extranet - if your rates and availability match between myfrontdesk and channel's extranet, it means that the sync was completed.
Please check Hostelworld as an example:
All Rate plans created on myfrontdesk system prior to this new feature (March 2020) can be enabled for rate plans by doing the following:
- Find the rate plan on the Rate Plans & Packages page
- Make sure that the toggle under Active for Sources/mybookings column is ON (green)
This toggle controls whether your rate plan is displayed on mybookings, available internally as a source during new reservation creation and whether it is available for channel sync.
- Click Edit to check the rate plan ensuring that your intervals are up-to-date
- Make sure the intervals are not expired (for example past dates)
Scroll down to the Availability section to check the start and end dates - If needed, click the pencil icon to edit the date range.
- On the Edit Interval section, the accommodation types selected will be available for channel rate plan mapping
Once you finish, click Save Interval, then, Save
If the channel is not enabled yet, you need to proceed through setup flow and map rate plans as desired.
To prevent rate plans from being updated on myallocator (channel manager by Cloudbeds), you need to edit the rate plan and disable the channel mapping option. Please follow the steps below:
- Access the Rate Plans & Package page
- Switch the toggle to OFF (grey) under Active for sources/mybookings column
How to edit the synced rate plan price
The system doesn't allow you to edit a derived rate plan because it will override the rate plan rule. To do it so, you can:
Visit the Rate Plans & Packages tab > click to Edit the package and then update the percentage or amount previously configured
Since this is a derived rate plan (it means that the rate plan is derived from your Base Rate), you can also update the Base Rate through out Availability Matrix. Once you do that, the derived rate plan will be automatically recalculated.
If it's a non-derived rate plan, you also have 2 options:
Option 1 - When only a few days need to be changed
- Access the Availability Matrix and search for the desired rate plan
- Edit the package rate directly on the Availability Matrix table
Frequently Asked Questions
As this feature set touches several parts of the application - Rate Plans & Packages, Channel Distribution, Availability Matrix, Logs (Calendar and PIE Rate Manager to a lesser degree) - a user may be able to use some, all, or none of this feature set, depending on the roles they have been enabled for on the User Management section of the application.
There are no separate permissions toggles for this sync feature, and thus user access to the full feature set will be controlled by toggles already existing in the system.
If a user has access to one of the permissions below they will have access to all of the pages/settings as they always have had for that particular setting.
- Distribution is inactive > users will not be able to access Channel Distribution and thus unable to map rate plans.
- Create / Edit Rate Plans is inactive > users will be unable to create rate plans and enable them for channel mapping.
- Availability Matrix / Availability Block is inactive > users will be unable to send ARI Updates for rate plans through the Availability Matrix.
If a user wants full control of setting up the application at each point of the process, they need all those settings enabled.
If a user updates something that has somehow affects a channel-connected rate plan (e.g. changing a value on the availability matrix), it may also affect rate plans.
Yes, you can choose to map a rate plan for OTAs and not display it on your booking engine mybookings. Follow the steps below:
- Keep the toggle ON as shown below
- Click on Edit the rate plan
- Uncheck the box Website / Booking Engine from the sources drop-down
Yes, you can specify which myfrontdesk rate plan to sync to which channel rate plan in the channel mapping. You can leave the rate plan unmapped if you don't want it to sync. See section Step 3. Sync the New Rate Plan to Channels
|Rate Plan Feature||Will be synced with supported channels?|
|Days of the Week||Yes|
|Rate Plan Name||No|
|Last Minute Booking||No|
|Closed for Arrival||Yes|
|Closed for Departure||Yes|
The accommodation blocks also sync with channels and close off the rate plan for being booked. Check how accommodation blocks work on the following article: How to Block Room Availability