In this tutorial we will show you how to both create and edit new users and roles within myfrontdesk.
We suggest that you create a new user for each staff member so you can track all changes made by them and set permissions based on the level of access you believe they should have.
- You can't delete a user from myfrontdesk, however, you may disable a user
- The same email address can be registered in different properties, but it cannot be used twice in the same property.
Before you can add a new user, you'll need to create a user role for them. You can either use the "Administrator" role that is automatically created as an example on your account or create a new one (Ex: front desk employees).
1. In myfrontdesk click on gear icon
2. Go to 'Roles'
Here you may create a role for your account
3. Click on [+ADD]
4. Add a Role Name
5. Add a Role Description or note (optional)
6. Enable or disable any option to restrict/enable user's access for specific functionality
To find out more on Role Permission Definitions and Terminology please refer to this article
7. Click "Add New User"
You can edit created users by going to the Roles page and clicking on the pencil icon next to the role
1. Navigate to the Users page under the User Management section
2. Click [+ADD USER] button
3. Add the user's Full Name, Email and apply a role
4. Click 'Add new user'
5. After creating a new user with the email provided, the system will automatically send an activation link to this email account for the user to set up a password.
- Each time a new user is added to the property, a property owner will receive an email notifying him that a new user has been created.
6. After a user has been registered, he should check his mailbox for a 'Welcome to Cloudbeds' email.
Once he opens the email and clicks 'Set Password', he will be redirected to set up a password for myfrontdesk.
7. The user should enter his password.
8. Confirm it.
9. Click 'Confirm' - the user is ready to use the system
If for some reason the user hasn't received the activation email - a Property Owner can re-send it on the Users page by clicking mail icon:
You can edit users by clicking the pencil icon on the Users page:
When critical user information is changed, the system will send an email to user. If the email address is changed, the system will send confirmation to his old email address.
Critical information includes:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Credit Card Viewing Permission
- 2FA Phone Number
You can disable users created if needed. The only exception to this is the Property Owner account, which cannot be disabled
To disable the user switch the toggle next to the user on Users and Roles page:
- Users who have been deactivated will still appear in user logs. Besides the user's name it will say “Inactive”
- If you added the user email to 'System Notification Preferences' page - the email will be automatically removed after deactivating the user
- It's not possible to delete the user
CHANGING ACCOUNT PASSWORD BY USER
Users can change their system password.
1) To do that they need to be logged in under their credentials, then to go to 'My User Profile' page
2) click 'Edit System Password'
RESETTING ANY USER'S PASSWORD BY PROPERTY OWNER
Property Owners and Cloudbeds Support team can reset the system password from 'Users' page.
For example, a Property Owner may reset the password for any user forcing him to set a new password for security purposes.
- To reset a specific user's password you need to be logged in to myfrontdesk as a Property Owner!
- It's not possible to reset a password for association user/owner
1) go to Users page
2) click 'Reset' button next to specific user
3) You will see the warning - click RESET to confirm
This will reset the current user's password so it's no longer valid and send the email with a link to create a new password for the user.
If the user is logged in to the system while the action is performed - he will be immediately logged out.