The Dashboard makes operation easier by allowing the user to have a quick summary of the current day, including an overview of the number of arrivals/departures, occupancy for the next 14 days, and the total number of rooms available or the number of room available by room type.
Once you log into your myfrontdesk account, the Dashboard is the first screen you are automatically taken to.
On this screen you are able to see:
- Today's date
- The number of arrivals
- The number of departures
- The number of rooms occupied and the percentage
- Print Dashboard
- Refresh button to update the whole page
- New reservation button
If you scroll over to the 'Reservations' section on the left side, you'll see several tabs and options to optimize your day:
1. Arrivals - Shows you all today's arrivals
2. Departures - Shows you all today's departures
3. Stayovers - Arrivals for today including your in-house guests
4. In-House Guests - Lists all reservations and the number of adults/children that are staying at the property
5. Print - By clicking on this icon you are able to print a list of today's reservations.
6. Registration Cards (this feature is available for Cloudbeds Plus plan or higher) - Click on this button to print all registration cards at once instead of printing one by one - Available only under Arrivals tab
Under the 'Arrivals' tab, the system will display the guest name, confirmation number, the room assigned, and the reservation status.
7. Check-in the guest - If you haven't assigned a room yet, the system will display a pop-up window and you should assign the room before checking in the guest
8. Click the printer icon next to the reservation to print the Confirmation, Guest Folio or Registration Card individually. Once you click one of the three options, you can choose in which language you wish to print the document.
Anytime that you see a dash and a number behind the confirmation number, that means that this guest has booked multiple accommodations under one reservation
This section shows you 3 different tabs:
1. Sales - All reservations added today even if the check-in date is for the future. It will list each guest reservation, the revenue that it's bringing in, their arrival date and the number of nights that they are staying at the property
2. Cancellations - Any cancellations that happened today (even if the reservation is for a future date)
3. Overbookings - If you have an overbooking, you can access the details here. By clicking on the hyperlink, the system will direct you to the calendar. Our goal here is to keep it zero.
The revenue under this section shows you the sum of the room rate only. It doesn't take in consideration any taxes or fees associated with your property
If you scroll down your screen, you will see the 14-Day Outlook screen. You can access the following information:
Occupancy (%) of the selected period
To understand how this calculation works, refer to the section Frequently Asked Questions
Revenue ($) on the selected period
This is calculated by the sum of room rates. It doesn't take into consideration any taxes or fees associated with your property
- Period (14-days) - You can select a different period, but no matter where you click on the calendar, it is pre-set to give you a 14-day outlook
- Total number of rooms available per day
- The number of rooms divided by category
- In the event a certain day has no availability, the number "0" will be highlighted
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Since not all properties require this information, you must enable this option. Please follow the steps as shown below:
1. Click on the gear icon
2. Under the 'Property Configuration' section, click on the 'General System Settings' tab
3. Enable this option under 'Miscellaneous Preferences'. By default, it will be disabled (gray).
Guests will be ordered by reservation status in descending order (In-house guests will be listed above Checked out)
You can disable users from viewing revenue on the Dashboard. Go ahead and follow the steps below:
1. Click on the gear icon
2. Under 'User Management' section' click on the 'Roles' tab
3. Choose the role that you want to hide the dashboard revenue from and click on the edit button
4. Under 'Hotel Setup' section, toggle the option 'Revenue on Dashboard' to gray
The occupancy percentage on the Dashboard is different from your calendar. The Dashboard is considering a 14-day outlook, while the calendar displays this information per day.
Here is how the 14-days outlook occupancy is calculated: the number of units sold during this period divided by the number of total units times 100, and then divided by 14 days.
Example: Let’s suppose your property has 23 units [private rooms and/or beds on shared dorms]
-inventory: 23 units
-units sold during the given period: 15
15 / 23 = 0.65
0.65 x 100 = 65.21
65.21 / 14 = 4.65
If you try to replicate your dashboard revenue or the occupancy percentage on your occupancy report, remember to filter for the exact same dates.
The revenue information should match but the occupancy percentage may be different. This is because the 14-Day Outlook counts rooms booked + calendar blocks, while the Occupancy Report counts rooms booked only.
Availability on the Dashboard is taken from the Amount Allotted For Sale (the number of rooms or beds that can be sold, this number can be manually adjusted) on the Availability Matrix. The calendar shows the Remaining Inventory (the actual availability).