The Dashboard makes operation easier by allowing the user to have a quick summary of the current day, including an overview of the number of arrivals/departures, occupancy for the next 14 days, and the total number of rooms available or the number of room available by room type.
Once you log into your myfrontdesk account, the Dashboard is the first screen you are automatically taken to.
On this screen you are able to see:
- Today's date
- The number of arrivals
- The number of departures
- The number of rooms occupied and the percentage
- Print Dashboard
- Refresh button to update the whole page
- New reservation button
If you scroll over to the 'Reservations' section on the left side, you'll see several tabs and options to optimize your day:
1. Arrivals - Shows you all today's arrivals
2. Departures - Shows you all today's departures
3. Stayovers - Arrivals for today including your in-house guests
4. In-House Guests - Lists all reservations and the number of adults/children that are staying at the property
5. By clicking on this icon you are able to print a list of today's reservations.
6. Click on this button to print all registration cards at once instead of printing one by one - Available only under Arrivals tab
Under Arrivals tab, the system will display the guest name, confirmation number, room assigned and reservation status. You can also:
7. Check in the guest - if you haven't assigned a room yet, the system will display a pop-up window and you should assign the room before checking in the guest
8. When you click on the printer icon next to the reservation, you may print the Confirmation, Guest Folio or Registration Card individually
Anytime that you see a dash and a number behind the confirmation number, that means that this guest has multiple bookings under one reservation
This section shows you 3 different tabs:
1. Sales - All reservations added today even if the check in date is for the future. It will list out each guest reservation, the revenue that it's bringing in, their arrival date and the number of nights that they are staying at the property
2. Cancellations - Any cancellations that happened today (even if the reservation is for the future and also the lost revenue)
3. Overbookings - Keep an eye on this tab because it means that your property is overbooked. By clicking on the hyperlink, the system will direct you to the calendar. Our goal here is keep it zero.
The revenue under this section shows you the sum of room rate only - It doesn't take in consideration any taxes or fees associated with your property
If you scroll down your screen, you will see the 14 Day Outlook screen. You can access the following information:
- Occupancy (%) on the selected period
To understand how this calculation works, refer to the section 'Frequently Asked Questions'
- Revenue ($) on the selected period
Calculated by the sum of room rates; It doesn't take in consideration any taxes or fees associated with your property
- Period (14 days) - You can select a different period, but no matter where you click on the calendar, it is pre-set to give you a 14 day outlook
- Total number of rooms available per day
- Number of rooms divided by category
- In case of a certain day is no availability, the number 0 rooms available will be highlighted
Frequently Asked Questions
Since not all properties require this information you must enable this option. Please follow the steps as shown below:
1 - Click on the gear icon
2 - Under Property Configuration Section, click on 'General System Settings' tab
3 - Enable this option under 'Miscellaneous Preferences'. By default, it will be disabled (gray).
Guests will be ordered by reservation status in Descending order (In-house guests will be listed above Checked out)
You can disable users from viewing revenue on the Dashboard. Go ahead and follow the steps below:
1- Click on the gear icon
2- Under 'User Management Section' click on 'Roles' tab
3 - Choose the role that you want to hide the dashboard revenue from and click on the edit button
4 - Under 'Hotel Setup' section, switch the option 'Revenue on Dashboard' to gray
The occupancy percentage on the Dashboard is different from your calendar. The Dashboard is considering a 14 days outlook, while the calendar displays this information per day.
Here is how the 14 days outlook occupancy is calculated: the number of units sold during this period divided by the number of total units times 100 and then divided by 14 days.
Example: Let’s suppose your property has 23 units [private rooms and/or beds on shared dorms], we will have the following example:
-inventory: 23 units
-units sold during the given period: 15
15 / 23 = 0.65
0.65 x 100 = 65.21
65.21 / 14 = 4.65
If you try to replicate your dashboard revenue or the occupancy percentage on your occupancy report, remember to filter for the exact same dates.
The revenue information should match. The occupancy percentage may be different, since the 14 Days Outlook counts rooms booked + calendar blocks, while the Occupancy Report counts rooms booked only.
Availability on the Dashboard shows the numbers from Availability Matrix, so it includes manually adjusted availability. The calendar shows the Remaining Inventory.