The availability matrix is a tool for viewing and editing rates, availability and settings. This feature allows you to visually update inventory for a single day or an entire date range, as well as create room blocks for specific date ranges.
You can either use the 'Long-Term Interval' option to update multiple dates and room types at the same time, or for each specific date within the Intervals table to update the availability or close the date.
Please note that this feature may not be available for all users. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to your market manager if you'd like to upgrade.
How to Access
- Click on Rates and Availability
- Select Availability Matrix
Availability Matrix Settings
How does more availability help me get more bookings?
Loading plenty of availability – both long-term and last-minute – means you are more visible to more bookers and thus more likely to get bookings. For some OTAs, like Booking.com the availability you load lets us market your property on channels like Google, not to mention our thousands of affiliate partner websites – from airlines to comparison websites – so we can make sure you are seen by an even wider, more global audience.
Also, travellers like to plan ahead, so you will appear in more search results for if you load availability further out into the future. We recommend at least 1 year to 16 months of future inventory, and to keep this updated continuously.
- + Long-Term Interval - by selecting this button, you are able to update multiple dates, room types and close inventory all at the same time
- Overbookings Settings - if you turn on this option and increase the number of rooms which can be sold and if it is more than your actual availability, this can cause overbookings. If you want to prevent such overbookings, please keep this feature turned off
- Set Price Differentials - this feature allows you to pre-set price differences between your accommodation types derived from the base room type with a click - this is part of Premiere and Enterprise Cloudbeds package
- Logs - Check out the logs for any changes that were made to the availability matrix
- Display Options - You can select to view all or specific options
- Date Range - Use the calendar icon to select date of choice
- Room Types - Located on the far left-hand side of chart, you will find room type name and total allotment within that room type.
- Amount Allotted for Sale - Quantity of accommodations that can be sold, regardless of how many accommodations are actually available. If "Allow Overbookings" is enabled, this quantity may exceed remaining available inventory
- Group Allotment Blocks - Number of accommodations of an allotment block - this option will be displayed if you have Groups module enabled
- Remaining Inventory - Number of accommodations that remain available until you reach full occupancy. This is NOT the number of accommodations that are salable, but rather serves as a marker for how many accommodations can be sold prior to overbooking for that room type
- Min LOS/Max LOS - Minimum / Maximum Length of stay restriction
- Accommodation Blocked - You can individually select days that you want to close the inventory for a specific room type
- Closed to Arrival / Departure - Dates that are closed for arrival /departure (Guests are not able to check in/check out)
- Price for Child/Adult: Additional prices set in Base Rates section depending on number of Maximum Occupancy and Adults/Children included in rate set in your Accommodation Types
- Rate - you can edit rates one day at a time - If you have Price Differentials feature configured and you are updating your base accommodation rate, the rate changes will be applied to the other room types according to your settings
- SAVE - After making changes on this screen, click the save button on the bottom right hand corner to ensure all data has been properly changed
For Rate Plans it is possible to edit Amount Allotted for Sale and Accommodation Blocked options.
To edit min/max LOS or closed to arrival/departure options, please access the rate plan through the Rate Plans & Packages section under the Rates and Availability tab.
If you would like to set any of the parameters in a longer time period or multiple intervals.
- Click on LONG-TERM INTERVAL and select the accommodation types
- Select the start and end dates
- Choose if there are certain days of the week to set
- Click on Add Date Range to add one more interval
- Choose the desired option under Interval Settings - Any parameters selected will be changed when you add the interval
- Click on ADD INTERVAL
On the Availability Matrix, it is not possible to make rate changes to a derived rate plan using the edit by date range interval.
Under the Interval Settings drop-down menu, you have the following options:
- Amount Allotted for Sale - You can edit a specific date quantity by clicking on the date of choice
- Base Rates - You can add / edit date ranges. Once you select, the system displays the Set Amount option where the user needs to specify the amount that to set for the selected room types and selected dates
If you subscribed for Premier or Enterprise Cloudbeds package, when you select 'Base Rate', the system displays extra options:
- Increase - this increases current base rates for the selected room types/dates by the specified % or amount)
- Decrease - this decreases current base rates for the selected room types/dates by the specified % or amount)
- MinLOS / MaxLOS - Minimum / Maximum Length of stay restriction
- Accommodation Blocked: You can individually select days that you want to close the inventory for a specific room type.
- Closed to Arrival / Departure: Dates that are closed for arrival / departure (Guests are not able to check in / check out)
- Per Person/Pricing: Additional prices set in Base Rates section depending on number of Maximum Occupancy and Adults/Children included in rate set in your Accommodation Types