Setting up the accommodation types (room types) is one of the most important settings for your property. The accommodation setup affects both your Cloudbeds PMS and your booking engine accounts as well as the inventory and availability of your distribution channels (OTAs).
On Cloudbeds PMS, accommodations can be setup as private or shared dorm rooms (with beds), depending on the actual structure of your property. Follow the instructions in this article to create and manage your accommodation types correctly.
- Open your account settings (gear icon)
- Go to the property section
- Open the accommodations tab
- You can drag and drop accommodation types to re-order them on your Calendar & Booking Engine.
- You can use filters to search for your accommodations/rooms. If you have both private rooms and dorm rooms, filter by the room type.
Things to note before getting started:
- Every room type created in Cloudbeds PMS must have an equivalent room type created in the OTA's extranet.
- Later, they must be connected (mapped) through the channel room mapping.
- We strongly recommend creating distinct accommodation types (ex: "Standard Dorm" or "Women's Dorm") and not separate individual rooms within an accommodation type (ex: "Standard Dorm Room 1", "Standard Dorm Room 2", etc).
- Creating separate individual rooms instead of accommodation types will make your inventory incompatible with the majority of OTAs. For more information read our Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines.
To create a new Accommodation Type, on the Accommodations tab:
- Click to add New Accommodation Type
- Name the Accommodation Title
- You can click the language dropdown and enter the name in other languages (it will be displayed in the booking engine)
- Guests will see the accommodation names you enter. Use regular titles such as "Standard Double Room" or "Deluxe Double Room". The maximum limit is 45 characters.
- Give the room abbreviation which will be displayed on the calendar only (optional)
- Select whether the room is a private or dorm (if it's a dorm, select whether the room is gender-specific)
- Select if this accommodation is a physical or a virtual type created in the system to combine with another accommodation (e.g. Standard Queen sold as Standard Single too).
- Enter the number of units
- Enter the maximum occupancy of the room
- Select how many adults will be included in the Base Rate (this is exclusive for the booking engine if you want to set an extra charge for additional guests).
- Select how many children are included in the base rate (for the booking engine only).
- Add a description of the room. Click the language dropdown and enter the description in other languages (will be displayed in the booking engine).
- Add the amenities for your room types
The amenities will be displayed on the booking engine. You may also enter custom amenities.
- Add the images of your accommodation by clicking on Select Image
- Upload the images (Drag and Drop file here to upload (or click to browse hard drive)
- Click on Done
- Save and Continue
You can edit or add customized alt text to the uploaded images by clicking on edit image pencil icon after it was saved.
If you have several individual rooms within one room type, you may either let the system generate individual accommodation names or customize them manually.
If you want to customize each individual room within one room type:
- Click the Edit button next to the accommodation name
- Input custom accommodation name
- Enter a description if desired
- Upload images (will be displayed on the booking engine only)
Click and drag Individual rooms to reorder them, the order will be reflected on the booking engine and calendar.
For dorm rooms, you also have the option to organize the beds into rooms.
In Cloudbeds Booking Engine, you can allow guests to select and book a specific individual room within the room type.
- Go to Booking Engine Settings.
- Tick the option Allow Guests to book specific accommodations on the Booking Engine and select the room type(s).