This article will walk you through the steps to add extra person fees on Cloudbeds PMS.
The extra person fee setup on Cloudbeds PMS refers to the rate associated to an extra guest (a higher number of guests than the room occupancy setup)
This fee is reflected only for your direct bookings and for your Cloudbeds Booking engine reservations. For connected channels/OTAs (such as Booking.com and Expedia, for example), the extra person fee must be added directly on your channel extranet or you must request directly from your account manager.
Things to note:
- Before you start, make sure you configured your Accommodation types so that Maximum occupancy is more than the Adults or Children included in the price.
- If you configure, for example, 2 adults and 2 children included in the rate, the booking engine will allow your guest to book 2 adults + 2 children with no extra charge (4 people in total). Check this article for more details.
Add Extra Person Fees on Cloudbeds PMS
- Click on Account
- Go to Settings
- Go to Accommodation Types
- Click on the accommodation to configure
- Configure your Accommodation types so that Maximum occupancy is more than the Adults or Children included in the price.
Example: If you configure 2 adults and 2 children included in the rate, the Booking Engine will allow your guest to book 2 adults + 2 children with no extra charge (4 people in total). Check this article for more details.
- Click Save
Option 1 - Base Rates Page
- Click on the Menu
- Click on Rates and Availability
- Go to the Base Rates page
- Click on Add Interval or Edit an existing one by clicking on the pencil icon
- Select Yes to open extra person fee options:
- Enter and apply your extra person fee(s)
- Save Interval
- In the Date Ranges, Rates, and Restrictions page, click Save
Option 2 - Directly on the Availability Matrix table
The Availability Matrix is a tool for viewing and editing rates, availability, and settings.
- Click on the Menu
- Click on Rates and Availability
- Go to the Availability Matrix
- Select the day you need to make the change to
- Enter the new extra person fee (the changes will be highlighted in blue)
Using the Long Term Interval tool
- In the Availability Matrix, click on +Long Term Interval
- Select the Accommodation Type
- Select the Start Date and End Date of the interval
- In the Interval Settings, choose the option of Per Person Pricing
- Enter your rate for the extra person and apply it
- Add Interval
- The recently applied rates will be highlighted in blue in the Availability Matrix. Click to Save your changes
Frequently Asked Questions
No. All prices for additional guests that you configure on Cloudbeds PMS will not reflect in the channel's extranet.
The only rates sent to OTAs are those you designate in either the intervals of the Base Rates, Calendar or Availability Matrix.
Additional guest prices need to be setup directly within your channel's extranet, account manager or channel's dedicated Support Team (depends on each channel). Currently, only the following channels allow properties to add prices per additional guest directly in their extranet:
For all the other channels, map only the room types that do not have an additional guest price.
This section will explain how the channels extranets must be set to add additional guest prices.
Let's use a 4-person bedroom as an example:
- Maximum occupancy: 4 guests
- The Base Rate on Cloudbeds PMS: 2 guests
- Rates for the 3rd and the 4th guest: Additionally charged
- Per Person Pricing must be created by your Booking.com account manager, who is responsible for making these settings in their system. This is called Derived Prices.
- Inform your account manager that Cloudbeds will send the base rate for "X" person(s) and ask them to add the price for each extra adult (by deriving up from the rate Cloudbeds sends).
When activating the Derived Pricing feature, you must ask them to establish the maximum occupancy for that room type. As mentioned above, in this example, the room type has a maximum occupancy of 2 guests. Keep in mind that the maximum occupancy is the rate registered at the Cloudbeds PMS Base Rate/Availability Matrix.
After requesting to set the maximum occupancy and to activate derived pricing, the room will be displayed as shown below in the Booking.com extranet:
- In the example above, the prices for the 3rd (x3) and 4th (x4) guests have been activated.
- The price for each additional guest must be set directly at Booking.com extranet. Currently, it can't be sent through Cloudbeds PMS. Check with your Booking.com Account Manager about any restrictions.
To set the additional guest price in this channel, contact your Expedia's account manager or the Support Team and request the activation of the feature Extra Guest Fee. Make sure that the pricing model is set to Per Day Pricing.
When activating this feature, set again in the extranet the maximum occupancy for the room type and the prices that will be charged for additional guests.
If everything is set accordingly, Expedia will look like this:
A number of settings must be defined in Decolar's extranet to establish an additional guest price. Contact your account manager or reach out to their Support Team to perform the right adjustments in the extranet.
Below, we'll list the most important settings that must be adjusted:
- Access Conteúdo web (Web content)
- Edição Habitações (Edit Rooms)
- Click on Ver (see) to open the room you want to edit
- Ver quarto em Extranet Decolar (See room in Decolar's extranet)
In this page, the settings must be as follows:
- Pricing Model: Set it to Price per Room
- Maximum occupancy for this room: Number of guests must match the settings in Cloudbeds PMS.
- Minimum and maximum number of adults: It also must match the settings in your Cloudbeds PMS account
- Children: Remove all prices related to children and infants
- Extra fees: Enable the option to charge extra fees
If any setting mentioned above does not match the ones you have in your extranet, contact your account manager or Decolar's Support Team to make the necessary adjustments.
- Next, click on Ver taxas extras por hotel (see extra fees by hotel):
- Remove all prices for babies and/or infants
- Insert the price for additional adult guest
Decolar.com allows you to only set a single price, as shown below
Now that you have already created all the required settings in Decolar's extranet, let's move on to the last step: To combine the extranet's information with your myallocator channel mapping (channel manager connected to your Cloudbeds account).
- Click on the Account icon
- Go to Settings
- Click on Channels
- Search for Decolar/Despegar and click on the Enabled button to check your mapping. Click on Next until you see the screen below and select Charge Type > Per Room (as it was previously set in your Decolar extranet)
- In the Extra-Bed field, select Extra bed rate set below to insert the price in the next step
- In the Extra-Bed Rate, insert the additional price. The price must match the one set in your channel extranet
- For the Extra Bed Age, select the age that will be charged an additional fee, in this case, adults
- Click Next to complete the process and save your changes
If you do not have Decolar.com as an active channel yet, check our Connection Guide
When the mapping is done, if all information is correct, the rates in Decolar extranet will look like this: