This article shows the step-by-step to configure your property's Invoicing on Cloudbeds PMS.
On the Invoicing page, you can add your company details and logo, set your invoice title and sequence and choose either to generate the invoice manually, at check-out or automatically when a reservation is created.
Property Owner has access to Invoicing page by default. Other users must have Guest Invoicing enabled under their user's role in order to make changes to how the invoice is created. Check out article: Roles and Permissions
- Click the gear icon (Manage).
- Under Property Configuration, select Invoicing.
On this page, you'll find 2 tabs:
On this tab, you can set up the information included on the invoice such as company logo, invoice title and sequence and company details.
- Click Select Image to upload your company logo from the computer. The recommended size is 100-pixel height and 100-pixel width.
- Title: If you want to name the invoice something other than Invoice.
- Prefix: Any numbers or letters that you would like to appear before the sequentially generated invoice number. Example: INV-1001
Starting Index Number: The number of the first invoice that gets generated. The next invoices generated will be sequential, continuing from this number.
- If you enter "1" here, your first invoice number will be 1, followed by 2, and so on.
- If you enter "1001", your first invoice number will be 1001, followed by 1002, etc.
- Suffix: Any numbers or letters that you would like to appear after the sequentially generated invoice number. Example: 1001-POST
- Add your text to other languages by selecting the language in the dropdown. This is will be used when the invoice is generated in other languages. See section: Invoicing Settings
The Credit Note options are part of Advanced Invoicing feature - included in Cloudbeds Premier and Cloudbeds Enterprise accounts and also available as a paid add-on.
If you would like to request an upgrade to your current plan, contact our Hospitality Consultants at email@example.com
Credit Note Title and Sequence - Credit Note is a document that allows cancellation of issued invoices.
- Switch the button ON (green) if you want to use same settings as Invoice, the Credit Note will follow the same numbering sequence as invoices.
Learn more about Credit Notes: How to void an invoice and issue a credit note
- Switch the button OFF (grey) to use a different setting.
- Enter the Credit Note's Title, Prefix, Starting Index Number and Suffix
- Use the language dropdown and enter the text to be used in other languages
- Switch the button to green (ON) to include your Legal Company Name and Tax ID Number in the invoice (up to two tax IDs).
- Switch the button to grey (OFF) to not include company details.
- Use the Custom Fields to add any additional text to the invoice, such as directions for how to make a payment and/or any additional policies.
On this tab, you can configure how the invoice is generated, the language of the invoice as well as the invoice layout.
- Select the default language of the invoice.
If the language for the country of the guest is not available, the invoice will be generated in the language selected on Invoice Details.
- Select if you would like the invoice to be generated based on the country the guest is from.
- If you select Yes, the invoice will be generated in guest's language. Example: A guest with country origin Portugal will receive the invoice in Portuguese.
- If you select No, the invoice will be generated in the default language selected in the previous step.
- Select when to generate invoice.
Check more details about each option below:
The invoice will be issued each time a new reservation is created within the application (this includes both manually created reservations in Cloudbeds PMS, as well as all the incoming reservations from your connected OTAs (Online Travel Agencies)).
You do not need to generate an invoice each time, unless, there's an additional item, service and/or room revenue added to the folio once the guest is in-house.
In the event that additional charges are applied to the folio, you may wish to generate a new invoice at a later date (the default due date will start counting from the day the reservation is created).
Streamline your check out process with this option. The invoices will be created at the moment of check-out with all available transactions to invoice. If by any chance, an invoice has been generated before and there is no more transaction left to be invoiced, the system will not generate a new invoice.
An invoice will not be created until you navigate to the reservation and generate an invoice. With this option, you decide which reservation to generate the invoice. Learn more: Invoicing - How to generate and download invoices from reservations
Default Due Date - Number of days your guest has to pay the invoice from the time the invoice is generated.
- If the invoice is generated immediately, this will be the number of days to make a payment after the reservation has been created.
- If the invoice is issued manually, this will be the number of days after you generate the invoice.
If you do not want to display a due date on the invoice, leave this area blank.
Invoice layout settings
- Show the room number column on the invoice - If enabled, the room number will be indicated on the invoice.
- Show tax specifics on the invoice - If enabled and you have multiple taxes/fees, a breakdown of the total of each tax/fee type will appear on the invoice.
- Use Compact Invoices - Leaving this box unchecked, the system will generate the invoices similar to the guest folio. Every transaction (including nightly room prices and taxes) will appear as its own line item. Checking this box will consolidate common transactions into their own line.
- Save the changes.
- Click PDF Preview to preview the invoice.