The invoice is a document issued to the guest outlining all the transactions associated with a reservation, including room rates, payments, adjustments, and additional products sold. Generating an invoice is useful to show the guest how much they owe along with a breakdown of all the charges.
In order to generate the invoice you need to:
1) Go to the reservation
2) Click the 'Actions' button and select 'Generate New Invoice'
3) Select the folio(s) for which you want to generate an invoice
Learn more about how to create several invoices based on different folios here: Can I create an Invoice for each guest?
4) You may see the list of all the invoices created on the reservation page by clicking the 'Documents' tab
5) Select 'Invoices' on the left side of the screen:
1. You can generate and open an invoice from within a reservation where it was generated.
Go to Reservation Details > Documents > Invoices tab
2. You can also search for the invoice(s) on the Invoices Report page. It's possible to open (and then download) the invoices from this report
To download an invoice - click on it, it will open the invoice in a new tab. You can download the invoice on that tab:
You can also print the invoice by clicking on the printer icon
Depending on your cancellation policies for a particular channel, a guest may incur a cancellation fee (e.g. for canceling within 72h of check-in).
The cancellation fee will be displayed on Invoice PDFs. This fee is not used for calculation purposes anywhere on myfrontdesk, this is only for informational purposes.
Note that if a reservation is canceled and the fee comes in as a zero value, that we will show that on the reservation. This just means that the reservation was canceled, but per your policy on that channel, no Cancellation Fee was issued to the now-canceled guest.
This feature is only available for OTA reservations and only for OTAs that send us this information.
Problem: You clicked on an invoice, and the file was downloaded in a browser as blank.
1) It is recommended to add Cloudbeds to the list of secured websites in McAfee extension (if you use one) or other security extensions if you use any
2) disable McAfee extension in Chrome (if it used)
3) enable the feature "download PDF file instead of automatically opening them" in Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
- Near the bottom, click PDF documents.
- Turn on Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome.