The invoice is a document issued to the guest outlining all the transactions associated with a reservation, including room rates, payments, adjustments, and additional products sold. Generating an invoice is useful to show the guest how much they owe along with a breakdown of all the charges.
In order to generate the invoice you need to:
1) Go to the reservation
2) Click 'Actions' button and select 'Generate New Invoice'
3) Select the folio(s) for which you want to generate an invoice
Learn more about how to create several invoices based on different folios here: Can I create an Invoice for each guest?
4) You may see the list of all the invoices created on the reservation page by clicking the 'Documents' tab
5) Select 'Invoices' on the left side of the screen:
1. You can generate and open an invoice from within a reservation where it was generated.
Go to Reservation Details > Documents > Invoices tab
2. You can also search for the invoice(s) on Invoices Report page. It's possible to open (and then download) the invoices from this report
To download an invoice - click on it, it will open the invoice in a new tab. You can download the invoice on that tab:
Depending on your cancellation policies for a particular channel, a guest may incur a cancellation fee (e.g. for canceling within 72h of check-in).
The cancellation fee will be displayed on Invoice PDFs. This fee is not used for calculation purposes anywhere on myfrontdesk, this is only for informational purposes.
Note that if a reservation is canceled and the fee comes in as a zero value, that we will show that on the reservation. This just means that the reservation was canceled, but per your policy on that channel, no Cancellation Fee was issued to the now-canceled guest.
This feature is only available for OTA reservations and only for OTAs that send us this information.