Booking.com is one of the largest and most popular travel websites in the world, boasting more than 50 million verified guest reviews on their website. They enable properties - from established brands to small independent properties - to grow their business and reach global travelers of all kinds. Booking.com is available in 43 languages with listings in 230+ countries.
This channel has a very specific activation process that must be followed exactly. This article includes in-depth directions for connecting Booking.com and Cloudbeds PMS. We are unable to initiate this process for you (it's a security measure with booking.com).
Do not perform these instructions until you are at the end of the distribution setup stage and ready to go live. If you're on the onboarding process, reach out to your onboarding coach.
- All of your rates, rooms, and reservations must be set up in Cloudbeds PMS and your distribution section must be activated before requesting to connect to the channel manager myallocator
- Cloudbeds PMS cannot import past reservations from before Booking.com was connected as a distribution channel. These must be added manually as "third-party" reservations. Click here to check a few options to help you on this process
- Before connecting, make sure that you have Per-Day-Pricing model setup on your Booking Extranet, not Occupancy Based Pricing. If you want to configure pricing per person, you need to request this setting to you Booking.com Account Manager according to the instructions in this guide.
Before start, note that after the connection is completed:
- All updates of Rates, Availabilities and some restrictions (MinLos, MaxLos, Closed to Arrival, Closed to Departure) will be sent to Booking.com exclusively through the channel manager (myallocator). Manual entries for these parameters will no longer be possible on Booking.com's extranet (settings will be not clickable or not visible).
- Rates & Availability grids will only be visible for monitoring and conformity checks.
- Some restrictions still can be configured on Booking.com (for example, same-day bookings or minimum advance reservation). Contact your Booking.com Account Manager to check which settings can be edited and ask to provide you access to set up them
- MyAllocatorByCloudBeds will be listed as a user on your property's Booking.com user accounts. Check further information here
How to connect Booking.com to Cloudbeds PMS
The first step is to log in to your Booking.com extranet - Booking.com requires the connection process to start on their side:
- Click here to access the extranet
- Enter your property username and password
If you have forgotten your booking.com extranet login, contact Booking.com customer support team directly.
Once you've submitted the connection request, you should receive a notification email along with the contract XML Signup Agreement with Booking.pdf.
Our support team will receive an email notification with your data and we will send you a confirmation email once all the settings have been completed.
- Once you submit the request, Cloudbeds support team will confirm the connection within one business day
- You can check the status of the request from your Booking.com extranet under the Channel manager link at any time.
If you chose “Don’t connect me automatically with the provider”, activate the connection via the email link you received.
If you have any problems with your email link, on the ‘Channel manager’ page, click on ‘Activate connection with Cloudbeds'.
Go to the manage area inside Cloudbeds PMS
- Go to Channel Distribution tab and click on Channels
- If you have correctly completed the steps above, Booking.com will be displayed on your channels list as Ready for mapping - Click on this button to proceed
- Select the Channel Accommodation Type from the dropdown menu to match the accommodation type on Cloudbeds PMS.
For detailed information about the mapping process, check this article: Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines.
- Select the Standard Rate in the Channel Rate Plan dropdown.
You can create multiple rate plans for each room type and have those sync to Booking.com. Click here to check further information.
- Click on Adjust all to add a Base Rate Adjustment for each room type if needed (If you want to skip this step, leave it at zero). After adding the adjustment, click on Apply, and then go to the NEXT STEP when completed.
- If you use a currency on Booking.com that DOES NOT MATCH your Cloudbeds PMS default currency, select that on this step:
The option you select below must match what is set on your Booking.com extranet.
- If you have any additional Booking.com rate plan which is XML Enabled, you can set a rate derivation which will be relative to the Standard Rate (e.g. 10% higher than the base rate). Click 'Configure' to configure the rate plan.
The configuration can only be done by percentage (%) and not fixed amount (e.g. the base rate +10 USD)
If you'd like to set up the rate plan using the fixed amount, the rate plan has to be configured directly on Booking.com extranet with further assistance of your Booking.com account manager.
- Click on Continue to finish the channel setup
You are done! A full inventory refresh has now been sent to Booking.com to ensure that your property’s availability and rates are synced on the channel.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Minimum length of stay
- Maximum length of stay
- Rate Plan Mapping
- Close Day (Stop Sell)
- Closed to Arrival
- Closed to Departure
- Credit Cards
- Cutoff (Early booker or Minimum Advanced Booking)
- Last-Minute Booking (Maximum Advanced Booking)
Yes - You can report No Show back to Booking.com, without leaving Cloudbeds system.
Check out this article for further details about this feature: How to report No Show reservations to the channels from Cloudbeds PMS
Yes - You can report guest misconduct to Booking.com, without leaving Cloudbeds system.
Check out this article for further details about this feature: How to report Guest Misconduct to Booking.com from Cloudbeds PMS