Booking.com is one of the largest and most popular travel websites in the world, boasting more than 50 million verified guest reviews on their website. They enable properties - from established brands to small independent properties - to grow their business and reach global travelers of all kinds. Booking.com is available in 43 languages with listings in 230+ countries.
This channel has a very specific activation process that must be followed carefully. This article includes in-depth directions for connecting Booking.com and Cloudbeds PMS. We are unable to initiate this process for you (it's a security measure with booking.com).
If you're on the onboarding process, reach out to your onboarding coach. Do not perform these instructions until you are at the end of the distribution setup stage and ready to go live.
Things you should know before getting started
- All of your rates, rooms, and reservations must be set up in Cloudbeds PMS and your distribution section must be activated before requesting to connect to the Cloudbeds channel manager.
- Cloudbeds PMS cannot import past reservations from before Booking.com was connected as a distribution channel. These must be added manually as third-party reservations. Click here to check a few options to help you on this process.
- Before connecting, make sure that you have Per-Day-Pricing model setup on your Booking.com Extranet, not Occupancy Based Pricing.
- If you want to configure pricing per person, you need to request this setting to you Booking.com Account Manager according to the instructions in this guide.
- You must set up rates and availability for a minimum of 365 days in advance for Booking.com. This is a mandatory rule from Booking.com channel to keep your property opened for sale in their site.
Connect Booking.com to Cloudbeds PMS
- Login to your Booking.com extranet,
If you have forgotten your booking.com extranet login, contact Booking.com customer support team directly.
- Click on Account
- Select Connectivity Provider
If you do not have the Connectivity Provider link on your account, you must upgrade your Booking.com extranet version.
Contact your Booking.com account manager directly and request them to upgrade your extranet.
- Click to Switch Providers on the right side
- Search and select Cloudbeds as your new connectivity provider
- Select the features to integrate with the channel manager - We strongly recommend you to select Reservations, Rates & Availability
Click on Next to proceed
- For Cloudbeds users, you must choose Cloudbeds as your connectivity provider and not myallocator by Cloudbeds.
- Currently, the integration does not support content and photos feature - on this step, select Reservations, rates and availability.
- Complete the agreement and click on Request connection
- Click on Search
- Search for Cloudbeds
- For Cloudbeds PMS users, select Cloudbeds and not Myallocator by Cloudbeds.
- Select the features to integrate with the channel manager - We strongly recommend you to select Reservations, Rates & Availability.
Once you finish, click on Next
- Click to accept the terms and conditions and click on Yes, I accept.
- Once you've submitted the connection request, you should receive a notification email along with the contract XML Signup Agreement with Booking.pdf.
- Our support team will receive an email notification with your data and we will send you a confirmation email once all the settings have been completed.
- Cloudbeds support team will confirm the connection within one business day after submitting the connection request.
- You can check the status of the request from your Booking.com extranet under the Channel manager link at any time.
If you chose “Don’t connect me automatically with the provider” in the step above:
- Activate the connection via the email link you received.
If you have any problems with your email link, you can go to Booking.com extranet, and on the Channel manager page, click to Activate connection with Cloudbeds.
In the Distribution Channels page, Booking.com should be marked as ready for mapping.
- Click to complete mapping
- Login to your account with the Hotel id
- Map the room types created in Cloudbeds with their corresponding rooms in Booking.com. A drop-down menu will display all the existing rooms in the channel's extranet.
Do not map multiple rooms to one single room in Cloudbeds PMS or channel. The room mapping must be one-to-one.
- For detailed information about the mapping process, check this article: Distribution Channel Mapping Guidelines
- Rate Plan Mapping: configure the rate plan(s) you want to sync between this system and Booking.com. You must map at least one rate plan per Channel Accommodation Type to ensure proper rate sync.
You can create multiple rate plans for each room type and have those sync to Booking.com. Click here to check further information.
- Add Base Rate Adjustment for each room type, if needed. Click to continue when completed or if you want to skip this step.
- Currency setting: The currency selected must always match your default currency of your Booking.com Extranet.
The mapping is complete.
Things to note after the connection is complete
- All updates of Rates, Availabilities and some restrictions (MinLos, MaxLos, Closed to Arrival, Closed to Departure) will be sent to Booking.com exclusively through Cloudbeds channel manager. Manual entries for these parameters will no longer be possible on Booking.com's extranet (settings will be not clickable or not visible).
- Rates & Availability grids will only be visible for monitoring and conformity checks.
- Some restrictions still can be configured on Booking.com (for example, same-day bookings or minimum advance reservation). Contact your Booking.com Account Manager to check which settings can be edited and ask to provide you access to set up them
- Cloudbeds channel manager will be listed as a user on your property's Booking.com user accounts. Check further information here.