Payment Processing Report is automatically added to the list of reports in your system once you have Payment Processing enabled. It helps to track the authorizations, charges, as well as check their status and re-try or cancel scheduled payments.
Accessing and generating Payment Processing Report
- Login to your Myfrontdesk Account and open 'Reports' section
- Select 'Payment Processing Report'
On the new window you may generate a report by applying certain filters.
3. Select the date range for which the payment has been scheduled or the transaction has processed/failed
4. Select the status of the transaction
Successful - the transaction has been processed through your gateway;
Failed - an error has caused failed transaction (if you have Failed transactions, you may check the error by clicking warning icon and then re-try processing transaction, check below for detailed information);
Cancelled - the user has cancelled the scheduled pending transaction;
Pending - the transaction is in queue and your gateway will try to process it on scheduled date and time.
5. Choose Credit Card Type: this is the list of all credit cards added by system and user
6. Select Payment Types to be displayed: Authorization, Payment Processing (Charge), Refund
7. You may also serach for a specific amount.
8. Click Apply to generate the report according to the filters
9. You may also send the generated report or export/save it to the PDF/Excel file
Payment Processing Report Overview
On the report generated you can find the following informartion
1. Date: date the payment has been scheduled for
2. Guest name: guest to which transaction applies
3. Reservation ID in which transaction has been processed
4. Arrival date of the guest
5. Departure date of the guest
6. Credit Card Type which has been processed
7. Credit Card Number column shows last 4 digits of the processed credit card
8. Status displays whether the transaction was successful, failed, cancelled or pending
9. Payment Types shows whether transaction was Authorization, Payment Processing (Charge)
10. Amount: shows the amount of transaction processed
If the transaction is failed, tooltip will appear next to its status. Clicking this icon can bring up a warning message with the error which caused the failed transaction.