Create users for each one of your staff members to allow them access Cloudbeds PMS. This article explains how to create and manage users in the Users page.
Things to know:
- You can't delete a user from Cloudbeds PMS, however, you may disable a user.
- The same email address can be registered in different properties, but it cannot be used twice in the same property.
- If the same email address is registered in different properties, the user will see a Property Switcher in the top right corner.
- In your Account menu, go to the Settings Page and click on the Users section
- Click on Users
Looking for Organization users instead? Click here.
Property owners will see an additional option in this Users page: Ownership Transfer. Click here to learn more.
Before creating a new user, make sure to define the corresponding Roles.
- Navigate to the Users page and click on the Users tab
- Click +Add user
- Add the user's Full Name, Email and apply a role
- Click Save. After creating a new user with the email provided, the system will automatically send an activation link to this email account for the user to set up a password.
Each time a new user is added to the property, the property owner will receive an email notifying them that a new user has been created.
- After a user has been registered, they should check the mailbox for a Welcome to Cloudbeds email. Once they open the email and click Set Password, they will be redirected to set up a password for Cloudbeds PMS.
- The user should enter the password.
- Confirm password
- Click Confirm. The user is ready to use the system
- If for some reason the new user hasn't received the activation email, the Property Owner can re-send it on the Users page by clicking on Resend Activation Email.
- Create a new user for each staff member in the Users page, so you can track all changes made by them and set permissions based on the level of access you believe they should have.
Before editing a user:
- Note that when critical user information is changed, the system will send an email to user. If the email address is changed, the system will send confirmation to their old email address.
Critical information includes:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Credit Card Viewing Permission
- 2FA Phone Number
- Click on the three dots ( ⋮ ) icon next to the user to edit
- Click Edit Users
- Apply the necessary changes
- Disable created users when needed. Note that the Property Owner account, cannot be disabled
- Users who have been deactivated will still appear in user logs. Besides the user's name it will say Inactive
- If you added the user email to the System Notification Preferences page, the email will be automatically removed after deactivating the user
- It's not possible to delete the user
To disable the user, switch the toggle next to the user on Users page:
Other options and tools
Property Owners and Cloudbeds Support Team can reset the system password from Users page. For example, a Property Owner may reset the password for any user forcing them to set a new password for security purposes.
- To reset a specific user's password you need to be logged in to Cloudbeds PMS as a Property Owner
- It's not possible to reset a password for organization user/owner
- Go to Users page
- Click Reset Account Password button next to specific user
- Click Reset to confirm. This will reset the current user's password so it will no longer valid, and the system will send the email with a link to create a new password for the user.
If the user is logged in to the system while the action is performed, they will be immediately logged out.
- Keep track of every change made inside the system by all users for different categories with the Activity Log of the Settings page.
- The Activity Log shows various changes in your account, and it includes the necessary tools to search, sort, filter, export and analyze different types of data.
- To export your activity log results into CSV, Excel or PDF, simply click on the Export to button, and select your preferred format and export preferences (current page or all pages).
See this article to learn more about how to see changes made by user, specifically in the Price Intelligence Engine (PIE).