The Cloudbeds Amplify Performance Dashboard tracks how Cloudbeds Amplify is boosting your bookings by checking daily, weekly and monthly trends in direct reservations and revenue driven for your lodging business.
This article offers a general description of the Cloudbeds Amplify Dashboard within Cloudbeds PMS.
The Dashboard will show your Booked Revenue and Reservations report, as well as a list of all direct reservations in the Reservations Activity chart.
See more details about these sections below.
Things to know:
- The Reservations Activity section includes pending reservations as well as past reservations across all Cloudbeds Amplify channels.
- Reservations are shown with the total amount including taxes, fees, etc.
- If a potential guest types in, and goes directly to the organic website, it is not taken into account for the Cloudbeds Amplify Dashboard.
Access the Cloudbeds Amplify Performance Dashboard
- In your Cloudbeds account, click on the main Menu icon
- Click on Cloudbeds Amplify
Understanding the Dashboard
The Cloudbeds Amplify Performance Dashboard will display the following metrics:
- Room Revenue: Room revenue generated
- Reservations: Number of reservations booked
- Chart type: Line chart, bar chart, restore to the default chart
Booked Revenue by Channel: This box will show the results per each main channel split among Ads, Organic, Booking Links. Only the revenue for the applicable channels will be displayed in this box.
- Ads - Includes Cloudbeds Amplify influenced bookings from metasearch, search engine marketing, and retargeting campaigns.
- Organic - Bookings that come through the organic website link in search. These bookings are influenced by Cloudbeds Amplify channels, as our website is optimized for search engine visibility and drives organic traffic and bookings. You do not pay for organic reservations.
- Booking Links - Bookings that came from free Google Hotel (also referred to as Free Booking Links). These bookings are possible thanks to the Cloudbeds Booking Engine that shares your property’s live rates and availability with Google. You do not pay for these reservations.
View chart results grouped by day, week or month by clicking on the three dots on the right side of the dashboard, on top of the Chart type.
The chart will automatically set the interval (for example, days, weeks or months) according to the date range selected by the user in the date picker.
- Reservation: An unique number to identify the reservation
- Channels: See which sources your reservations are coming from (Ads, Organic)
- Booked Date: The date when the reservation has been created
- Guest Name: Guest's provided first and last name
- Check-in: Guest's arrival date
- Check-out: Guest's departure date
- Status: Confirmed, Confirmation Pending, Canceled, In-House, Checked-Out, No-Show
- Total Price: Grand reservation total
Monitoring your Business Growth
This metric is currently available for Cloudbeds Amplify Metasearch customers.
The Advertising ROI (Return On Investment) section offers a quick understanding of the profits generated via Cloudbeds Amplify digital advertising.
This section includes:
- The Revenue generated as Grand Total (full amount including Taxes and Fees)
- The Costs involved in the reservations. For example: Commissions for PPS (Pay/Cost Per Stay, the campaigns based on commission at final cost -checkout-)
- The Profits (Revenue minus costs)
Metrics will be shown based to the time range set in the Dashboard Header.
- Only ads-generated reservations will be included in the Advertising ROI calculation.
- Costs are based on the percentage agreed for your property.
- Profit = Revenue - Costs
- The reservations Grand Total (including tax, fees, add-ons) will be used in any status but canceled. If the reservation is canceled, the commissionable amount will be use in replacement of Grand Total.
If the Comparison Mode is set on the Dashboard Header, the Advertising ROI section will show results accordingly with the interval and its compared time (for example: previous period, previous year)
- The gauge will only show the current result
- The arrows (per each category) will go:
- Up if the current value is higher than the compared
Down if the current value is lower than the compared
- The Revenue and Profit arrow color will be:
- Green if current is higher
Red if current is lower
- The Cost arrow color will be:
- Red if current is higher
- Green if current is lower
Find screenshots of your advertisement per each channel live to better understand the digital marketing strategy provided by Cloudbeds Amplify. When your advertising screenshots are added to your account, simply click on the View ads button to see your property ad:
Price Competitiveness shows your rates in metasearch compared to OTA rates, including how many times you had the best, same, or higher rate than OTAs. It covers your rates up to a year in advance, considering check-in dates, lengths-of-stay and number of guests.
- Keep Rates Competitive for Direct Bookings: Regularly compare your direct rates with OTAs to ensure your booking engine offers the lowest price, encouraging more direct bookings.
- Track Rate Trends with Date Range Comparisons: Utilize date range and comparison tools to see rate trends over time, informing data-driven rate strategy decisions.
Price Competitiveness Grades
- Best/Excellent - Your rates are almost always lower than OTAs
- Matched/Average - Your rates are often equal to or higher than OTAs
- Higher/Poor - Your rates are consistently higher than OTAs
Read about the The importance of competitive rates for metasearch
In Google's words: With a Business Profile on Google, you can manage how your local business shows up across Google products, like Maps and Search. Before getting started, take a look at the Google Business Profile Requirements
See how Cloudbeds Amplify helps you track your Google Business Profile metrics, and how to connect it to your Dashboard in the sections below:
Once your Google Business Profile is connected to your Cloudbeds Amplify Dashboard, it will retrieve the top metrics below for the last 12 months.
In Google's words:
- Calls: Number of clicks on the call button on your Business Profile (your business phone number will be necessary to start tracking this metric).
- Directions: Number of unique customers who request directions to your business.
- Website Visits: Number of clicks on the website link on your Business Profile.
Learn more about how to Check your Google Business Profile Performance and View Insights.
If you do not have a Google Business Profile yet
- Learn how to get started here.
- Once you have your Google Business Profile, access your Cloudbeds Amplify Performance Dashboard and follow the steps below to start the connection
If you already have a Google Business Profile
- The Google Business Profile card will be available on your Cloudbeds Amplify Performance Dashboard, so you can connect your account. Simply click on the Connect button to get started
Only the Google Account Owner of the Google Business Profile has permission to connect it to Cloudbeds Amplify.
- When your Google Business Profile is successfully connected to Cloudbeds Amplify, the card will be updated accordingly, retrieving and showing the corresponding metrics