This feature is currently in a closed pilot testing phase. While we are not accepting new properties in the pilot program, the feature is coming live soon.
Data Insights allows you to create your own reports by including the columns you want and saving the reports for easy access.
Quickly create a report using one of the prebuilt Cloudbeds Reports or build your own from scratch.
Option 1: Use a template (Cloudbeds Reports)
If you're not sure where to start, you can check out our Cloudbeds Reports. These reports have preselected columns and filters and can be used as "templates" by making a copy and customizing it based on your property needs.
Learn more: Data Insights - Cloudbeds Reports
Option 2: Create from scratch
Build your own report and get the exact data you need. Fields, filter logic, summarization levels, sorting and columns can all be configured to meet your preferences.
Property owner has access to Data Insight by default. Other users must be granted permission inside Roles. Learn more: Roles and Permissions
- Click Menu.
- Go to Reports.
- Select Data Insights.
- On the Home page, click Create new report.
- Select the Report Type from the dropdown:
- Financial Transactions
The report type controls the scope of data available in the report.
Example: If you choose Financial as your report type, the fields and the filters available are related to financial data — whereas Guests will have guest-related fields and filters.
- Add a Report Name.
- Tick the box Enable Period Comparison Mode if you'd like to compare month to date, year to date metrics in the report.
- Add a Description (if desired).
- Click Create.
- Set up the Columns, Group Rows, Group Columns in the Table Outline and add Filters as needed.
If you prefer to work with prefilled table outline and filters, check out our report templates: Data Insights - Cloudbeds Reports
If there is a combination of data points or an equation you would like to see represented, you can create a Custom Cloudbeds Data Field (CDF) — once you have saved the report. Follow instructions here: Data Insights-How to Create Custom Cloudbeds Data Fields (CDFs)
There are two types of data available for reports:
- Metrics: Numeric data that can be summed, counted, or averaged. These appear in Blue and are marked by a hashtag (#) icon. Any metric field can be sorted in multiple ways. Click on the metric, and select how you would like it sorted — you can select one or more than one options.
- Dimensions: Non-numeric data such as word input fields. These appear in gray and are marked by an abc icon.
Learn more about each function and see the example here:
- If you previously enabled the Period Comparison Mode, you may select which data field to compare between periods (day, month to day, year to day). Click Apply.
Once you finish creating your report:
- You can remove the selected columns / rows or columns groups by clicking on the x icon.
- Drag and drop the fields to re-organize them.
- Drag and drop the columns to the right or left to re-organize them (only applicable when you do not have rows/columns grouped).
- Sort the results - applicable in the detailed view and with columns only. You can toggle between ascending and descending by clicking on the triangles in the headers.
- Summary Information: In the summary, the metrics are calculated based upon the entire results but only a portion of the data is provided on the screen.
You might not see the full report on screen — the report could contain thousands of entries and may slow down your system performance. To see the complete report, save the report and then export it.
- Totals: Turning ON the toggle will calculate the group rows fields and give you the subtotal of the metrics at the bottom of the table.
- Details: Turning ON the toggle will display a detailed list of records that of the summarized table.
- Transpose: Clicking the button to rotate the data from the rows to the column and vice versa. Transpose is available for the summary view when there is at least 1 grouped row and the Details toggle is off.
- Auto-refresh: If switched ON, the report will automatically refresh whenever you make any change to the configuration. Switch OFF if you want to make multiple changes and run the report manually.
- Run: Manually run the report.
- Save report.
- Update the Report Name if needed,
- Select the folder to which the report will be saved.
- Type one ore more tags inside the field. Every time you type a tag, end it with a comma (example: credit,).
Make sure the tag appears in blue — it means that it was successfully added to the field.
- Update the Description if needed.
- Click Save.
Find and modify your saved reports in Data Insights - Saved Reports
Reports can be exported from the system anytime. Follow the instructions: Data Insights - How to Export Reports
Schedule when a report is run and sent to your inbox automatically at anytime (daily, weekly or monthly). Check out article: Data Insights - How to Add a New Subscription (Scheduling)