On Cloudbeds PMS, only the Property Owner (the person who signed up for the Cloudbeds account) has permission to view credit card details by default. Other type of users must be granted permission by the Property Owner.
This article shows the step-by-step for the Property Owner to grant credit card viewing permission for other users as well as to set up their own credit card viewing password.
Roles and Credit Card Viewing Permission
Has permission to view credit card details by default. They only need to set up a credit card viewing password.
|Organization (Association) Owner, Organization Admin, Organization User / Multi-property user||
Must be granted permission to view credit card details by the Property Owner of each account in the organization SEPARATELY and must set up a credit card viewing password for each property account.
|Other Users||Must be granted permission to view credit card details by the Property Owner and must set up a credit card viewing password for the property account.
Organization Owner/Admin/User: The property owner of each separate account in a group has to grant the credit card viewing permission to each organization user SEPARATELY (Property Owner of account A should login and grant permission to Organization User; then property owner of account B should login and grant permission to the same Organization User, etc).
If there are 5 properties in the Organization, the Organization User would need to set up a different credit card password for all 5 properties.
How to Grant Credit Card Viewing Privileges to Other Users
Only user logged in as Property Owner has access to Security page to grant permission to other users.
Cloudbeds Support team cannot grant permission to users.
Follow the step below
- Click Manage (gear icon).
- Go to Security page.
- Select the users you want grant permission to view credit cards.
- Click Actions.
- Click Grant Credit Card Viewing Access.
- You will see the warning and a list of users you granted permission to view credit card data. Click Confirm.
- The selected user will receive an email with a link to set a credit card viewing password. They must follow the steps to set up the password:
In case the email wasn't sent or if the user missed the email, reset the password for the user. This will send a new email with a link to set the credit card viewing password.
- Select the user by checking (ticking) the box.
- Click Actions.
- Select Set / Reset Credit Card Password.
Check who does or does not have a credit card viewing password setup under Credit Card Password Status column.
- Reset link will be sent to the user's registered email. They must follow the steps to set up the password: How to Set Up Credit Card Viewing Password (Property Staff)
How to Set Up the Credit Card Viewing Password
- Click the user icon, select My User Profile.
- Click Reset credit card viewing password.
- Click Confirm and a reset password link will be sent to your email.
- Click OK.
- You should receive "Credit Card Viewing Password Reset" email, click Reset Password link and follow further instructions on the screen.