This article shows how you can process a transaction using a Cloudbeds Payments terminal.
Cloudbeds Payments is the only solution that offers a card-present terminal fully-integrated with our platform that automatically records a sale after purchase. The terminals allow you to tap, dip and chip, or swipe all major credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
Check if the terminals are available in your region: Cloudbeds Payments - Terminals Overview
If you are interested in Cloudbeds Payments or want to order a terminal, contact our Sales team.
- You can only process a transaction through a supported terminal if you have Cloudbeds Payments enabled.
- You can use the Cloudbeds Payments in different sections of Cloudbeds.
- At the moment, the system does not allow you to activate your terminal when creating a new reservation, but you can still process transactions in which the card is not present. Check: How to Process Payment Through Payment Gateway
- The terminal only works for charges linked to your Cloudbeds PMS. For any charges outside of Cloudbeds PMS, for example Poster, you won't be able to use the terminal.
- You would need to confirm the reservation and go back into the Guest Folio to process the transaction using your terminal.
- All payments will be processed in your property's currency.
Guest Folio - Process a Transaction using the Terminal
Access the desired reservation:
- Click Folio.
- Click Add/Refund Payment.
- Select Add Payment.
- Assign the guest (if applicable).
- Select the folio (if applicable).
- Amount: By default, the system will add the balance due, but you can edit the amount if needed.
- Choose the desired Payment Type, select Terminal.
- Stored Credit Card — use previously added credit card details to process the transaction.
- Terminal — card-present transaction (this option activates your card reader).
- Add new credit card — add new credit card details to process transactions.
- Click to Process the Payment.
Due to security reasons, it's not possible to see the credit card details — check the following article for more information: Cloudbeds Payments - Why can't I view full credit card details?
If you chose the option terminal, you will see this prompt on your screen. On this step you can:
- Use the current terminal connected — the terminal name will be described on the following screen, go ahead and proceed with the next steps below.
- Choose another terminal — if you have more than one terminal, click Choose Another.
- Cancel the transaction.
On your terminal you will see a new screen with the amount intended for charge as shown below:
- At this time, swipe, insert, or have your guest tap their mobile device on top of the terminal to process the payment.
The system cannot store credit card details if contactless method (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay) was used.
- The transaction will complete and Cloudbeds page will refresh.
- All payments that are processed by the terminal always appear under the Property Owner's username on the Reservation Activity.
- If the transaction declines, check the following article: Cloudbeds Payments Decline Codes
- You can also run a transaction through a House Account using Cloudbeds Payments with the same steps detailed above. For more information, check: Adding Payment/Refund to House Account
If you are processing a transaction or recording a previous payment, the Internal Server Error may be triggered by different reasons. Check the following topics:
- Ensure the email address under Guest Details is a valid email. "Test@Test.com" or other place holder emails can cause this error.
- Double-check that OTA-generated emails are valid.
- If the card is a US-issued card, check if the country selected under Guest Details is United States.
- Under Credit Cards tab, verify if the CVV and expiration date of the card are valid.
- If you've just connected Cloudbeds Payments, check if your Onboarding process has been completed.
Remember when setting up your account, if all of the information is successfully verified, the process might take 1-2 business days to be completed.