We are glad to announce the Airbnb and Cloudbeds 2-Way API Integration!
- Full sync between myfrontdesk and Airbnb listings. We will automatically update your
- restrictions (MinLos, MaxLos etc.)
- The sync provides an instant connection to your Airbnb listing(s)
- Support of sync for room types with multiple units
- Support for Discounts, Pricing Rules, Availability Rules, and Taxes/Fees
Note: Smart Pricing is not supported when connected to Airbnb via the API connection due to how pricing works when using a management system. The Airbnb Smart Pricing is an algorithm that attempts to modulate the price during busy and slow seasons to maximize revenue while also keeping prices attractive for customers.
When connected to a system like Cloudbeds, that pricing methodology is no longer applicable because we are setting all of the pricing.
Before Making the Connection
Make sure that:
- Your listing(s) status is "Listed" on the Airbnb extranet (the sync will not work if the listing is not active/listed on Airbnb).
- The room configurations (room occupancy & room type) in myfrontdesk and Airbnb match.
- The currency settings in myfrontdesk and Airbnb match.
- The default property time zone in myfrontdesk and Airbnb match.
- You are not connected to another Channel Manager. If you are, go to your Airbnb extranet > Account > Privacy & Sharing> Connected Apps > click on Remove Access.
For additional information, please refer to Airbnb API and Minimum Requirements.
Airbnb API Connection Guide
Before start Airbnb mapping, be sure to be logged in the Listing Owner account in the extranet. All other users (such as, co-hosts and hosting team) will be unable to connect the channel to myfrontdesk. If you have any doubts regarding your user, check this Airbnb article: What is a primary host?
- By default Airbnb (API) channel is in status 'Not setup' for all the properties. Go ahead and click on 'Not Setup'
- Click on Next to authorize Airbnb
Authorize "myallocator (channel manager by Cloudbeds)" to manage your Airbnb listings
Now you need to authorize "myallocator (channel manager by Cloudbeds)" to manage your Airbnb listings:
- Enter Airbnb listing's owner login and password (not the co-host's credentials). If you still see an error - please log out from all the Airbnb accounts in your browser(s) and authorize again.
- Agree with the Airbnb terms and conditions and confirm that you authorize myfrontdesk clicking 'Allow'
After you click on the 'Update' button, you will be directed to the following page with two options. The options are:
Import settings from Airbnb extranet (recommended): if you have previously set discounts, pricing rules, availability rules, taxes/fees on the Airbnb extranet, you can quickly import these settings by selecting this option.
- Use settings in this system: please select this option if you wish to overwrite your Airbnb extranet settings with new values from myfrontdesk.
Once you've clicked on your preferred option above, you will be redirected to 'Room Export' page.
1. Availability Rules
The settings in this section are Airbnb's default settings and will display standard values on Airbnb's extranet. These values might not match the ones in your myfrontdesk/myallocator account. However, now that you are connected to Airbnb via myfrontdesk/myallocator, availability is controlled by the values entered in our system so you should not worry if the values listed on Airbnb's extranet (Availability tab) are not the same.
Guests can book: since your availability is now controlled by myfrontdesk, guests can book any time your listing has availability on you calendar.
- Availability Window: Since your availability is controlled by myfrontdesk calendar, any dates that do not have availability on the calendar will be unbookable by default. Dates that have availability on the calendar will be bookable.
- Minimum Length of Stay (in nights): the minimum length of stay is controlled by myfrontdesk 'Min LOS'settings. Any dates that do not have a Min LOS set will default to 1 night.
- Days of week allowed for Check In: this is controlled by the 'Closed to Arrival' settings inside myfrontdesk.
- Preparation Time: this is not available at this time.
- Maximum Length of Stay (in nights): the maximum length of stay is controlled by myfrontdesk 'Max LOS' settings and will default to no maximum.
- Days of week allowed for Check Out: this is controlled by the 'Closed to Departure' settings inside myfrontdesk.
- Minimum stay by day of week: the minimum length of stay is controlled by myfrontdesk 'Min LOS' settings. Any dates that do not have a Min LOS set will default to 1 night.
- Same Day Bookings: Accepting reservations the same day the reservation is made. Some properties prefer to disable this feature to give them enough time to prepare their guests' rooms. To learn how to enable or disable this feature, please refer to this article.
Configurations that are not controlled by our system after the connection will have the 'Edit' button clickable. Therefore, please manage them directly on Airbnb extranet.
For example, to manage your check-in and check-out windows, please perform the following steps:
- Go to your listing and click 'Booking Settings'
- Scroll down to the 'Policies' section and click the 'Edit' button
- Set up your check-in window preference
- Set up your check-out window preference
- Click 'Save'
2. Price Settings
- Listing Currency: the currency chosen here must match the currency you want your rates to be sent in
- Listing Base Nightly Price: rates are controlled by myfrontdesk calendar. Any dates that do not have a rate entered in myfrontdesk will default to this rate.
- Weekend Pricing: rates (including weekends) are controlled by myfrontdesk calendar. Any dates that do not have a rate entered will default to this rate.
Length of Stay Discounts
- Weekly Discounts %: Airbnb will calculate the weekly rate based on this discount if your guest selects 7 or more nights.
- Monthly Discounts %: Airbnb will calculate the monthly rate based on this discount if your guest selects an entire month.
Extra Guest Pricing
- Add the number of guests included in price
- Extra person fee (per night): please add (if applicable) this fee in a fixed amount per night for private rooms only.
- The shared dorms must have the extra person fee as zero in mapping and also in the extranet.
- The guests number included must be 1 - The system will multiply the rate according to the number of guests/beds reserved.
- Security Deposit: please add (if applicable) this fee in a fixed amount.
- Cleaning Fee: please add (if applicable) this fee in a fixed amount.
- Other Fees: for each of the listed fees, you can input either a percentage or a fixed amount.
Airbnb will send the total amount inclusive of fees (except guest and host service fees) to our system as room revenue. Therefore, these fees will not be included in your rate breakdown. As a workaround, you can set up inclusive fees for Airbnb channel so that your reservation breakdowns will include these fees.
If any assistance is required with setting up your Airbnb fees, please reach out to Airbnb team at https://www.airbnb.com/help.
For shared dorms:
3. Pass Through Taxes
- Tax Type: your options include "hotel tax", "lodging tax", "room tax", "sales occupancy tax", "tourism assessment fee", "tourist tax", "transient occupancy tax", and "VAT GST".
- Amount Type: your options include "flat per guest", "flat per guest per night", and "percent per reservation".
- Business Tax ID: your tax ID is a unique number relating directly to your business.
- Registration ID: this is your accommodations tax registration number, which is the unique number you were assigned by your local taxing jurisdiction.
- Amount: please input your tax amount.
Long Term Stay Exemption:
- "A booking may be eligible for a long-term stay exemption if it meets certain qualifications. What qualifies as a long-term stay depends on the jurisdiction the listing is in. For example:
- Jurisdiction X - a booking greater than 30 days isn’t taxed
- Jurisdiction Y - a booking greater than 45 days isn’t taxed
- Jurisdiction Z - for bookings greater than 30 days, taxes only apply to the first 30 days
- Check with your local tax authority to find out more information on your jurisdiction’s long-term stay exemption." - How do I add custom taxes to my listings?
- Confirmation: if you have any taxes listed, you will need to click on the confirmation box before you click 'Save and Sync'.
These taxes will not be applied to the rates myfrontdesk sends to Airbnb. Airbnb will take these values and apply them to the bookings as they come in.
Please check the example below:
- Your room rate (on your availability page) is $100.00
- You have configured a 10% tax
How does it work?
- Myfrontdesk will send the rate of $100 to Airbnb
- Airbnb will show the rate of $100.00 to your guests
- Once a guest books, Airbnb will automatically add $10.00 (the 10% tax) to the booking total, and send both values ($100.00 for room revenue and $10.00 for taxes) to myfrontdesk.
If Airbnb pays taxes on your behalf:
- the taxes are automatically configured inside Airbnb extranet, therefore, you do not need to set up these taxes inside our room mapping
- Airbnb will send the total expected payout (the amount they will pay you) to our system, therefore, these taxes will not be included in your rate breakdown.
If any assistance is required with setting up your Airbnb taxes, please reach out to Airbnb team at https://www.airbnb.com/help
4. Pricing Rules & Discounts
- Rule Type: your options include "booking ahead" (minimum days ahead), "last-minute booking" (maximum days ahead), "long term stay" (nights), and "seasonal".
- Price Change: please input your discount amount in percentage values
- Price Change Type: choose the 'percentage' option (Airbnb will no longer accept discounts with absolute values).
- Days/Nights Threshold: please input the number of days/nights threshold for the discount you're adding.
- For Check-In Dates: please input the date range for the discount you're adding.
If you have multiple discounts configured of the same type, threshold and date but with different discount values, Airbnb will only apply one of the discounts. Therefore, if you have multiple discounts of the same type configured, myfrontdesk will apply the discount that results in the highest price.
Please note that percent-based discounts will override fixed amount discounts.
Example 1: You have three discounts of the same type, threshold and date:
- Long term Stay (nights) - more than 10 days - 20% for period x
- Long term Stay (nights) - more than 10 days - 10% for period x
- Long term Stay (nights) - more than 10 days - 24% for period x
Only the 'Long term Stay (nights) discount - more than 10 days - 20%' will be applied as it results in the highest price.
However, if different types of discounts are selected for the same date, they will apply both:
- Long term Stay (nights) - more than 10 days - 24% for period x
- Early Bird discount - more that 20 days in advance - 15% for period x
Both discounts will be applied.
The room rate is $100 and the available discounts of the same type are: 30% discount and 20% discount.
- 30% discount results in a new room rate of $70
- 20% discount results in a new room rate of $80
In this case, myfrontdesk will send the rate of $80 to Airbnb (since it's the highest rate).
5. Click on 'Save and Sync'
- Click 'Next' once all the listings are mapped and updated.
Once you click on 'Next', if you see a warning message on the top of the page saying that some rooms are left unmapped, go ahead and click OK to move forward.
Here you can enter a discount or an increase in your base rate for all room types mapped if needed.
For example, if you want Airbnb channel to have a 5% rate discount compared to other channels, you would enter - 5% for each room. The same applies for higher rates.
The Rate Differences can be set in a Percentage Amount or a Fixed Currency Amount.
For more info please check this article: Base Rate Adjustment or How to Send Different Rates to Channels
On Channels page, you will see Airbnb (API) channel status is 'Enabled':
You can return to mapping page any time to edit the room mapping or add base rates adjustment. On room mapping screen you will see which rooms are already mapped:
After completing the connection, you will notice that the ‘Sync Status’ on Airbnb extranet will display as ‘Limited’ - this is normal, it means myfrontdesk will not override your pictures, descriptions - myfrontdesk updates only your rates and availability.
Now when your rates and availability in Airbnb are controlled by myfrontdesk, it's important to make sure that the rates and availability are correct on the channel.
To preview Airbnb listing, its prices and availability (as your guest will see it), follow the steps below:
- Log in to Airbnb Extranet and go to 'Listings'
- Open the listing that you want to check and click 'Preview listing'
- Oon new page you will see a header 'Preview mode'
- Select the dates of stay and number of guests
Check the rates and availability accuracy, they should match base rates and availability on myfrontdesk for the selected room type (listing)
If you face any errors during the connection - please refer to this article Errors during Airbnb API mapping process and issues after connection or contact our Support team at email@example.com
Support Contact Details:
We are always here for you! In case you need any assistance with connecting Airbnb to myfrontdesk - feel free to reach out to our dedicated team:
- Cloudbeds Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact Airbnb team in case you need help with making changes on your Airbnb account:
- Airbnb Support Team: https://www.airbnb.com/help