We are glad to announce the Airbnb and Cloudbeds 2-Way API Integration!
- Full sync between myfrontdesk and Airbnb listings. We will automatically update your
- restrictions (MinLos, MaxLos etc.)
- The sync provides an instant connection to your Airbnb listing(s)
- Support of sync for room types with multiple units
- Support for Discounts, Pricing Rules, Availability Rules, and Taxes/Fees
Note: Smart Pricing is not supported when connected to Airbnb via the API connection due to how pricing works when using a management system. The Airbnb Smart Pricing is an algorithm that attempts to modulate the price during busy and slow seasons to maximize revenue while also keeping prices attractive for customers.
When connected to a system like Cloudbeds, that pricing methodology is no longer applicable because we are setting all of the pricing.
Make sure that:
- Your listing(s) status is "Listed" on the Airbnb extranet (the sync will not work if the listing is not active/listed on Airbnb).
- The room configurations (room occupancy & room type) in myfrontdesk and Airbnb match.
- The currency settings in myfrontdesk and Airbnb match.
- The default property time zone in myfrontdesk and Airbnb match.
- You are not connected to another Channel Manager. If you are, go to your Airbnb extranet > Account > Privacy & Sharing> Connected Apps > click on Remove Access.
For additional information, please refer to Airbnb API and Minimum Requirements and FAQ.
- By default Airbnb (API) channel is in status 'Not setup' for all the properties. Go ahead and click on 'Not Setup'
- Click on Next to authorize Airbnb
Authorize "myallocator (channel manager by Cloudbeds)" to manage your Airbnb listings
Now you need to authorize "myallocator (channel manager by Cloudbeds)" to manage your Airbnb listings:
3. Enter Airbnb listing's owner login and password (not the co-host's credentials). If you still see an error - please log out from all the Airbnb accounts in your browser(s) and authorize again.
4. Agree with the Airbnb terms and conditions and confirm that you authorize myfrontdesk clicking 'Allow'
After you click on the 'Update' button, you will be directed to the following page with two options. The options are:
1) Import settings from Airbnb extranet (recommended): if you have previously set discounts, pricing rules, availability rules, taxes/fees on the Airbnb extranet, you can quickly import these settings by selecting this option.
2) Use settings in this system: please select this option if you wish to overwrite your Airbnb extranet settings with new values from myfrontdesk.
Once you've clicked on your preferred option above, you will be redirected to 'Room Export' page.
1. Availability Rules
Advance Notice: The settings in this section are Airbnb default settings. Now that you are connected to Airbnb via myfrontdesk, availability is now controlled by the values entered in our system's calendar.
- Guests can book: since your availability is now controlled by myfrontdesk, guests can book any time your listing has availability on you calendar.
- Availability Window: Since your availability is controlled by myfrontdesk calendar, any dates that do not have availability on the calendar will be unbookable by default. Dates that have availability on the calendar will be bookable.
- Minimum Length of Stay (in nights): the minimum length of stay is controlled by myfrontdesk 'Min LOS'settings. Any dates that do not have a Min LOS set will default to 1 night.
- Days of week allowed for Check In: this is controlled by the 'Closed to Arrival' settings inside myfrontdesk.
- Preparation Time: this is not available at this time.
- Maximum Length of Stay (in nights): the maximum length of stay is controlled by myfrontdesk 'Max LOS' settings and will default to no maximum.
- Days of week allowed for Check Out: this is controlled by the 'Closed to Departure' settings inside myfrontdesk.
- Minimum stay by day of week: the minimum length of stay is controlled by myfrontdesk 'Min LOS' settings. Any dates that do not have a Min LOS set will default to 1 night.
Please note that it is not possible to set up booking cut-off in myfrontdesk. However, our team can assist by setting it directly inside our channel manager. The options are as follows:
- "No Booking cut-off time" = Feature is disabled. It means that the guest will be able to make a reservation today even if the check in date is today as well.
- "No Same Day Bookings" = It means that you don't accept reservations for the same date, regardless of the time.
- "Same Day Booking until (certain time)" = Let’s suppose your cut-off is 2pm. At 1:20pm, a guest looks at your availability for the same day and will see rooms available. If they come back to check your availability on the channel after 2pm, then they will not be able to see it anymore.
If you would like to set up the booking cut-off time, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the cut-off time is set, it might take until the next day for the adjustment to take place. For example, if our team updated your cut-off configuration to not allow same-day bookings, this will become effective the next day. You may apply a closeout to Airbnb API channel to close your availability on the day of your request. To learn how, please visit Distribution Channel Closeouts.
- This cut-off time applies to all your connected OTA's.
Configurations that are not controlled by our system after the connection will have the 'Edit' button clickable. Therefore, please manage them directly on Airbnb extranet.
For example, to manage your check-in and check-out windows, please perform the following steps:
1) Go to your listing and click 'Booking Settings"
2) Scroll down to the 'Policies' section and click the 'Edit' button
3) Set up your check-in window preference
4) Set up your check-out window preference
5) Click 'Save'
2. Price Settings
- Listing Currency: the currency chosen here must match the currency you want your rates to be sent in
- Listing Base Nightly Price: rates are controlled by myfrontdesk calendar. Any dates that do not have a rate entered in myfrontdesk will default to this rate.
- Weekend Pricing: rates (including weekends) are controlled by myfrontdesk calendar. Any dates that do not have a rate entered will default to this rate.
Length of Stay Discounts
- Weekly Discounts %: Airbnb will calculate the weekly rate based on this discount if your guest selects 7 or more nights.
- Monthly Discounts %: Airbnb will calculate the monthly rate based on this discount if your guest selects an entire month.
Extra Guest Pricing
- Number of Guests included in price: please input how many guests are included in the price.
- Extra person fee (per night): please add (if applicable) this fee in a fixed amount.
- Security Deposit: please add (if applicable) this fee in a fixed amount.
- Cleaning Fee: please add (if applicable) this fee in a fixed amount.
- Other Fees: for each of the listed fees, you can input either a percentage or a fixed amount.
Airbnb will send the total amount inclusive of fees (except guest and host service fees) to our system as room revenue. Therefore, these fees will not be included in your rate breakdown. As a workaround, you can set up inclusive fees for Airbnb channel so that your reservation breakdowns will include these fees.
If any assistance is required with setting up your Airbnb fees, please reach out to Airbnb team at https://www.airbnb.com/help.
3. Pass Through Taxes
- Tax Type: your options include "hotel tax", "lodging tax", "room tax", "sales occupancy tax", "tourism assessment fee", "tourist tax", "transient occupancy tax", and "VAT GST".
- Amount Type: your options include "flat per guest", "flat per guest per night", and "percent per reservation".
- Business Tax ID: your tax ID is a unique number relating directly to your business.
- Registration ID: this is your accommodations tax registration number, which is the unique number you were assigned by your local taxing jurisdiction.
- Amount: please input your tax amount.
- Long Term Stay Exemption:
- "A booking may be eligible for a long-term stay exemption if it meets certain qualifications. What qualifies as a long-term stay depends on the jurisdiction the listing is in. For example:
- Jurisdiction X - a booking greater than 30 days isn’t taxed
- Jurisdiction Y - a booking greater than 45 days isn’t taxed
- Jurisdiction Z - for bookings greater than 30 days, taxes only apply to the first 30 days
- Check with your local tax authority to find out more information on your jurisdiction’s long-term stay exemption." - How do I add custom taxes to my listings?
- Confirmation: if you have any taxes listed, you will need to click on the confirmation box before you click 'Save and Sync'.
These taxes will not be applied to the rates myfrontdesk sends to Airbnb. Airbnb will take these values and apply them to the bookings as they come in.
Example: Suppose your room rate (on your availability page) is $100.00 and you have configured a 10% tax. Myfrontdesk will send the rate of $100 to Airbnb. Airbnb will show the rate of $100.00 to your guests. Once a guest books, Airbnb will automatically add $10.00 (the 10% tax) to the booking total, and send both values ($100.00 for room revenue and $10.00 for taxes) to myfrontdesk.
If Airbnb pays taxes on your behalf:
- the taxes are automatically configured inside Airbnb extranet, therefore, you do not need to set up these taxes inside our room mapping
- Airbnb will send the total expected payout (the amount they will pay you) to our system, therefore, these taxes will not be included in your rate breakdown.
If any assistance is required with setting up your Airbnb taxes, please reach out to Airbnb team at https://www.airbnb.com/help.
4. Pricing Rules & Discounts
- Rule Type: your options include "booking ahead" (minimum days ahead), "last-minute booking" (maximum days ahead), "long term stay" (nights), and "seasonal".
- Price Change: please input your discount amount.
- Price Change Type: your options are "percent" or "absolute."
- Days/Nights Threshold: please input the number of days/nights threshold for the discount you're adding.
- For Check-In Dates: please input the date range for the discount you're adding.
Airbnb only accepts one discount value for any specific date. Therefore, if you have multiple discounts set up, myfrontdesk will apply the discount that results in the highest price. Please note that percent-based discounts will override fixed amount discounts.
Example 1: room rate is $100, available discounts are: 30% discount and $25 off discount.
- 30% discount results in a new room rate of $70
- $25 discount results in a new room rate of $75
However, since percent-based discounts overrides fixed amount discounts, myfrontdesk will send the rate of $70 to Airbnb (even though the fixed amount discount results in a higher room rate).
Example 2: room rate is $100, available discounts are: 30% discount and 20% discount.
- 30% discount results in a new room rate of $70
- 20% discount results in a new room rate of $80
In this case, myfrontdesk will send the rate of $80 to Airbnb (since it's the higher rate).
5. Click on 'Save and Sync'
6) Click 'Next' once all the listings are mapped and updated.
Once you click on 'Next', if you see a warning message on the top of the page saying that some rooms are left unmapped, go ahead and click OK to move forward.
Here you can enter a discount or an increase in your base rate for all room types mapped if needed.
For example, if you want Airbnb channel to have a 5% rate discount compared to other channels, you would enter - 5% for each room. The same applies for higher rates.
The Rate Differences can be set in a Percentage Amount or a Fixed Currency Amount.
For more info please check this article: Base Rate Adjustment or How to Send Different Rates to Channels
On Channels page, you will see Airbnb (API) channel status is 'Enabled':
You can return to mapping page any time to edit the room mapping or add base rates adjustment. On room mapping screen you will see which rooms are already mapped:
After completing the connection, you will notice that the ‘Sync Status’ on Airbnb extranet will display as ‘Limited’ - this is normal, it means myfrontdesk will not override your pictures, descriptions - myfrontdesk updates only your rates and availability.
Now when your rates and availability in Airbnb are controlled by myfrontdesk, it's important to make sure that the rates and availability are correct on the channel.
To preview Airbnb listing, its prices and availability (as your guest will see it), follow the steps below:
1) log in to Airbnb Extranet and go to 'Listings'
2) open the listing that you want to check and click 'Preview listing'
3) on new page you will see a header 'Preview mode'
4) select the dates of stay and number of guests
Check the rates and availability accuracy, they should match base rates and availability on myfrontdesk for the selected room type (listing)
1. Go to Reservation Sources page in myfrontdesk
2. Open 'Third Party Sources' tab
3. Add Airbnb API as new source (if not yet added) and apply fee and/or tax for reservations from Airbnb if needed
4. Click SAVE
Now the taxes/fees applicable will automatically be added to Airbnb reservations (API connection)
If you face any errors during the connection - please refer to this article Errors during Airbnb API mapping process and issues after connection or contact our Support team at email@example.com
Stop Listings sync only
There could be possible reasons why you'd like to stop sync between Airbnb listing and myfrontdesk:
- information in Airbnb after sync is incorrect
- some settings are not editable
To stop the sync between Airbnb listing and myfrontdesk
1) go to Airbnb Extranet and select Host -> Listings tab
2) select the listing which you need to disconnect
3) click on "Edit Selected" -> Sync Settings
4) select "Disconnect" and Save.
5) go back to your listings and click on the disconnected listing
6) scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on "Edit" in front of the listing status
7) Select "Unlist" -> then choose the reason -> Next -> Next
8) Click on "Unlist" and then go to the settings and make sure that the listing status is "Unlisted" now.
After that - please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org to disconnect myfrontdesk from Airbnb API on our side.
Note that both steps must be done (disconnect Airbnb API on our side and also on Airbnb extranet) - Stopping the connection on myfrontdesk only, will not stop the sync with Airbnb.
Disconnect the whole account
If for some reason you need to disconnect the whole Airbnb API account, please follow the steps below.
After this process, you should be able to edit everything at the extranet as normal without having to contact Airbnb support team.
1) go to Airbnb Extranet and click on "Account" tab
2) Click on Privacy & Sharing section
3) scroll down to Connected Apps
4) and click to remove access next to Cloudbeds (myfrontdesk)
We are always here for you! In case you need any assistance with connecting Airbnb to myfrontdesk - feel free to reach out to our dedicated team:
- Cloudbeds Support Team: email@example.com
You can also contact Airbnb team in case you need help with making changes on your Airbnb account:
- Airbnb Support Team: https://www.airbnb.com/help