This article will walk you through the process of setting the availability for packages for your property in myfrontdesk.
1) Add Rate plan/package name
2) Enter the Rate Plan Name (private)
3) Select the proper option in this section
4) Link a New Rate Plan to the specific source. By default, all sources will be selected.
- This option will be used when you want certain rate plans to only be tied to certain reservation sources (Ex. phone vs. booking.com)
5) Enter the description of what the package will include
Note: For additional help, you can always click on the ? icon next to fields if you need more details. This will also be located in the helpful hints section of this training
- Enter the policies that are associated with the new rate plan and or package
- Upload Image that you want to promote the rate plan/package - This step is REQUIRED.
- Feature image should be 300 pixels x 165 pixels for best results
- Click on the + ADD INTERVAL button
NOTE: The rate plan must have an interval to show up as an option.
- Enter the Interval name - For example Summer Promotion - and the Accommodation Types that you want to apply the rate plan.
- Enter the Start & End Date for the rate plan/package to be available
- Enter the Minimum LOS (Length of Stay)
- Enter the Maximum LOS (Length of Stay)
- Enter the Cut -off days
- Enter the Last Minute Booking Days
- Closed to Arrival and/or Close to Departure - select Yes or No *Note - If you choose one of this option, it will be applied for every single date inside the interval
- Unselect the days that you do not want available in this interval
- Click in this section to bring up the properties room types, you can choose to put all rooms of that room type available or to create an allotment
- Setup the price of the additional guest. You can choose to use the same you have for the base rate or to create a different price. It will be applied only to this specific rate plan
- The price you type here will apply to all days of week. You can add different prices per day too.
Note: For additional help, you can always click on the "?" icon next to fields if you need more details. This will also be located in the helpful hints section of this training
- Select the room types that will be available for rate plan/package
- Select the "Apply to All Rooms" or input the amount of rooms you want to be applicable to rate plan/package
- Please note that if the BLUE check mark is already selected in "APPLY to ALL Rooms" then you will not be able to specify # of rooms. To make changes, uncheck this section.
- Enter the nightly room rate for this particular rate plan/package
- Click on ADD INTERVAL to add it to the rate plan/package
Note: It has not been saved at this time - please refer to the next page
- Once you have added interval to the rate plan/package it will appear under the Intervals section in rate plans/packages section
- Click the SAVE button to ensure that all transactions have been properly saved.
- Screen will take you back to the RATE PLANS & PACKAGES screen - here there will be the "+" sign, select that to get the additional information
- The availability interval that was just added will appear
- Click on the "+" icon to bring down the next data box
- This section will show you the room types, days available to package and the room rate associated with the rate plan/package
- You can use rate plan filter which is added to Create New Reservation menu
- Promo code input field can help you to use discounts by entering promo code when creating a direct reservation.
- The system now shows Base Rate if rate plan isn’t booked. If there are multiple rate plans for that reservation, multiple rate plans will appear. Currently this is on the folio already.
Here are some definitions that will help you through this process of adding rate plans/packages and setting availability
1) Rate Plan
- The name that will be displayed upon creating a new reservations and on the Internet Booking Engine.
2) Rate Plan Name (Private)
- Internal Name for the package that will not be displayed upon creating reservations and on the Internet Booking Engine. This is used to name rate plans differently if they all have similar names (ie: Breakfast included - August, Breakfast included - September, etc)
3) Derived Rate Plan
- Select "YES" to create a deriver rate plan. A derived rate plan is a percentage or amount higher or lower than the base rate. (ie: 10% higher than base rate, $15 lower than base rate). To create a plan with a flat amount for each day select "NO"
4) Promotion Code
- If you would like this rate plan or package to show only when a promotion code is entered , select "YES". This rate plan will only appear if the correct promotion code is entered.
5) What does the package include?
- Enter all the amenities that are associated with rate plan and package (ie: Breakfast, complimentary spa treatment,etc)
- This is property specific - enter the policies that will be associated with the rate plan or package
7) Min LOS
- Minimum Length of Stay. Reservations will be refused unless the traveler agrees to create a reservation for the minimum number of nights specified.
8) Max LOS
- Maximum Length of Stay. Reservations will be refused unless the traveler agrees to create a reservations for the maximum number of nights specified.
- The package will only be available to guests when they book a reservation at least these many days from the arrival date. For example, with a Early Booking Cutoff of 30, a guest would only be able to book this package if their arrival date is at least 30 days from today. If the arrival date is less than 30 days from today, this package rate will not appear. Important adding your MIN and/or MAX LOS will allow you more control on this offer.
10) Last Minute Booking
- This offer will become available for reservations made within this amount of days prior to guest arrival date. Also, guest departure date needs to be within the offer's date range. Important adding your MIN and/or MAX LOS will allow you more control on this offer.
11) Closed to Arrival
- This is used to prevent guests from arriving on specific dates within the range. This is particularly useful when combined with the other package restrictions. You may create different intervals to enable "Closed to Arrival".
12) Closed to Departure
- Close to departure means that the hotel is open and working as usual but guest cannot do check-outs on that specific date, the reason could be that the hotel is short of staff. It is quite common for apartments that force guests to depart on a specific date where only the owner of the apartment is able to do the checkout.