This article will show you how to connect Expedia to myfrontdesk
Things you should know before you get started:
- All of your rates and room types must be setup in myfrontdesk before requesting for your channel to use myallocator. Do not perform these instructions until you are at the end of the distribution setup stage and ready to go live.
- Myfrontdesk will not import past reservations from before Expedia was connected as a distribution channel. These must be added manually as "third-party" reservations.
- Please check the FAQ section before connecting to check channel's limitations
Before connecting, make sure that you have Per-Day-Pricing model setup on your Expedia Extranet - For further details about this option, please check our Knowledge Base Article: Expedia Pricing Models - Everything you need to know
Please note that if you do not have the correct model selected before connecting the Channel Manager, you will have to wait 48 hours to switch the option and it can delay your connection process.
How to connect Expedia with myfrontdesk
- Log in to your Expedia Extranet at https://www.expediapartnercentral.com
- Click "Rooms and Rates"
- Under the Setup section, click "Expedia Connectivity Settings"
- Select "Cloudbeds" in the drop-down on both options
- Click 'Save and Continue'
Now, wait for Cloudbeds team to confirm the connection to Expedia
1. Go to your myfrontdesk account and open Channels page under Channel Distribution section
2. Expedia should be marked as 'Ready for mapping'. Click on 'Ready for Mapping' button
3. Click on Next and map your rooms together
If you're not seeing Expedia status as 'ready for mapping', it means that the connection is not ready yet.
4. Map your rooms together and click on 'next'
If you need help with room mapping, please consult our Room Mapping Guidelines
5. If presented with a Rate Selection screen, choose the "Default" Rate Plan:
Since the channel manager myallocator can only control one Rate Plan, we always recommend that you select the "Default" or "Standard" Rate Plan on this screen. The Default Rate is always the first (top) rate presented.
Once chosen, we will control Rates for this rate plan only - any other Rate Plans must be setup to be derived from the Default Rate.
More information about Expedia Rate Plans can be found here: Rateplan Support - Using Rate Plans to set multiple rates
6. Enter a Base Rate Adjustment (if desired)
Click here to learn more about the Base Rate Adjustment. In most cases, this can be left blank.
7. Choose the Expedia Channel-Specific Options:
1. The first option to choose is the Currency:
- The currency selected must always match your default currency of your Expedia Extranet.
2. Pricing Model:
- The Pricing model selected must always match the Pricing Model of your Expedia Extranet
Although you are seeing Occupancy Based Pricing under the drop-down menu, we currently do not support different prices for different numbers of guests.
If you choose Occupancy Based Pricing on Expedia extranet while requesting the connection with myallocator, Expedia will show an alert that their current pricing model does not work with myallocator.
Note that we will only receive the credentials to enable Expedia for you if you choose Per Day Pricing option.
- For more information about Expedia Pricing Models, click here: Expedia Pricing Models - Everything you need to know
It's strongly advised to send a full refresh now to make sure that availability and rates are fully updated on the channel. Please, click on 'Full Refresh' on the top right of the page.
This will erase any rates and availability which were on the channel before. Only do this once you have added the availability of this channel to your inventory.
Per Expedia (April 2019)
"No, we do not currently send the information to the partner as our policies for transmitting this information are now in line with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)"
Per Expedia (April 2019)
"The information is not currently transmitted on all bookings at this time. This is in the works, but we do not have an expected time frame when this will be completed."
Per Expedia (April 2019)
"A temporary system email address is accessible in Partner Central and the partner is informed via email currently when a booking takes place. The partner can use the email address information in Partner Central or use the email address information available there."
Message from Expedia:
"Starting from 14th September 2019, the revised Payment Services Directive (PSD2) comes into play across all European Economic Area (EEA) countries. This may affect some connected properties, so we wanted to share some information on the solutions we are offering to help them get prepared.
What is the change?
The change will require all consumers to provide two-factor authentication for their credit card payments to prove their identity. This means that consumers will have to give two of the following:
- Something they know (password or PIN)
- Something they own (e.g. the physical credit card)
- Something they are (biometrics e.g. fingerprint)
How might this affect properties?
This change will have the most impact when properties are charging guests without them being physically present e.g. for pre-stay deposits, cancellation, or no-show fees. If customers aren’t able to complete two-factor authentication, banks may reject payments.
How can Expedia Group help properties?
1) Cancellation & no-show fees: Properties can opt-in to our new collection service at no extra cost and we’ll collect any no show or cancellation fees for them. We’ll validate their guests’ cards at the time of booking and if the charge is successful, the property will be provided an Expedia Virtual Card (EVC) to collect payment from Expedia.
2) Pre-stay Deposits: For properties with rate plans that require deposits, we’re recommending they move these to Expedia Collect only. This means we will collect the balance in full at the time of booking. With added confidence they will get paid, this means partners will no longer need a deposit. We’ll then pay out to properties at check-in through either EVC or bank transfer/direct debit.