Expedia is the parent company to more than 200 travel booking sites, including Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, and more. They attract millions of reservations per year for hundreds of thousands of properties around the world. No other single connection point gives properties access to more brands and websites
Check the Frequently Asked Questions article before connecting to this channel
Before connecting, make sure that you have Per-Day-Pricing model setup on your Expedia Extranet - For further details about this option, check our knowledge base Article: Expedia Pricing Models - Everything you need to know
If you do not have the correct model selected before connecting the Channel Manager, you will have to wait 48 hours to switch the option and it can delay your connection process.
How to connect Expedia with myfrontdesk
Log in to your Expedia Extranet
- Click on Rooms and Rates
- Under the Setup section, click on Connectivity Settings
- Select Cloudbeds in the drop-down on both options
- Click Save and Continue
If you're transitioning from your previous PMS to Cloudbeds, the menu Connectivity Settings may not be available. In this case, contact Expedia to advise that you are switching PMS systems and need the connectivity setting to be enabled in the Expedia extranet.
When you submit the connection request, Expedia team will send an email to Cloudbeds Support team to confirm the connection. Once confirmed, the channel status will change to Ready for mapping in Cloudbeds and you can proceed with Step 3.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to check the status of the channel.
- Go to your myfrontdesk account and open Channels page under Channel Distribution section
- Expedia should be marked as Ready for Mapping. Click on Ready for Mapping button
- Click Continue to start
If you're not seeing Expedia status as Ready for Mapping, it means that the connection is not ready yet.
4. Map your rooms together and click on Continue
If you need help with room mapping, consult our Room Mapping Guidelines
Check this article if you need to setup dorms: How to setup shared dorms on Expedia
5. Map the desired Rate Plans. Click on Configure in front of each room type in order to map it with the rate plan on the channel.
For more information about myfrontdesk Rate Plans sync with distribution channels, visit this article: How to Sync Rate Plans to Distribution Channels?
For properties that have taxes & fees:
To make sure the reservations created using the rate plans coming with the correct rates to myfrontdesk, the tax & fee need to be configured the same way in both Expedia and myfrontdesk.
If the tax or fee is setup as inclusive on myfrontdesk, then, it would need to also be inclusive on Expedia and vice-versa. Learn more in this article: Mapping Your Taxes and Fees Between Myfrontdesk and Distribution Channels
When creating rate plans on Expedia, the default setting of the tax & fee depends on your Acquire Rate Type. If your property has the Acquire Rate Type - Sell, any taxes and fees will be included in the rate. If your Acquire Rate Type is Net - the taxes and fees will not be included in the sell rates.
To make any changes to the tax & fee settings of your rate plans on Expedia, contact your Expedia Account Manager.
The rate plans you have created on myfrontdesk are listed on the left. Use the dropdown menus on the right side to map Expedia rate plans to rate plans on myfrontdesk.
6. Click on Adjust all to add a Base Rate Adjustment for each room type if needed (If you want to skip this step, leave it at zero). After adding the adjustment, click on Apply, and then go to the NEXT STEP when completed.
Click here to learn more about the Base Rate Adjustment. In most cases, this can be left blank.
7. Choose the Expedia Channel-Specific Options:
- The currency selected must always match your default currency of your Expedia Extranet.
2. Pricing Model:
- The Pricing model selected must always match the Pricing Model of your Expedia Extranet
Although you are seeing Occupancy Based Pricing under the drop-down menu, we currently do not support this pricing model.
If you choose Occupancy Based Pricing on Expedia extranet while requesting the connection with myallocator, Expedia will show an alert that their current pricing model does not work with myallocator.
Note that we will only receive the credentials to enable Expedia for you if you choose Per Day Pricing option.
- For more information about Expedia Pricing Models, click here: Expedia Pricing Models - Everything you need to know
8. Click on Finish to complete your Expedia channel setup
- Send a Full Refresh to the channel