Expedia is the parent company to more than 200 travel booking sites, including Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, and more. They attract millions of reservations per year for hundreds of thousands of properties around the world. No other single connection point gives properties access to more brands and websites
Check the Frequently Asked Questions article before connecting to this channel
Before connecting, make sure that you have Per-Day-Pricing model setup on your Expedia Extranet - For further details about this option, please check our knowledge base Article: Expedia Pricing Models - Everything you need to know
Please note that if you do not have the correct model selected before connecting the Channel Manager, you will have to wait 48 hours to switch the option and it can delay your connection process.
How to connect Expedia with myfrontdesk
Log in to your Expedia Extranet
- Click on "Rooms and Rates"
- Under the Setup section, click on "Connectivity Settings"
- Select "Cloudbeds" in the drop-down on both options
- Click 'Save and Continue'
If you're transitioning from your previous PMS to Cloudbeds, the “Connectivity Setting” option may not be available. In this case, contact Expedia to advise that you are switching PMS systems and need the connectivity setting to be enabled in the Expedia extranet.
Once you submit the connection request, Expedia will process it and myfrontdesk support team will confirm the connection for you.
You'll be notified via email when the connection has been enabled and the channel is ready for mapping. When you receive the email, you can proceed with Step 3.
- Go to your myfrontdesk account and open Channels page under Channel Distribution section
- Expedia should be marked as 'Ready for mapping'. Click on 'Ready for Mapping' button
- Click on Continue to start
If you're not seeing Expedia status as 'ready for mapping', it means that the connection is not ready yet.
4. Map your rooms together and click on Continue
If you need help with room mapping, please consult our Room Mapping Guidelines
5. Map the desired Rate Plans. Click on "Configure" in front of each room type in order to map it with the rate plan on the channel
For Further information about myfrontdesk Rate Plans sync with distribution channels can be found here: How to Sync Rate Plans to Distribution Channels?
This feature is currently in a pilot phase and not enabled for all users. If you would like to join the pilot, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The rate plans you have created on myfrontdesk are listed on the LEFT. Use the dropdown menus to map Expedia rate plans to rate plans on myfrontdesk.
6. Enter a Base Rate Adjustment (if desired)
Click here to learn more about the Base Rate Adjustment. In most cases, this can be left blank.
7. Choose the Expedia Channel-Specific Options:
- The currency selected must always match your default currency of your Expedia Extranet.
2. Pricing Model:
- The Pricing model selected must always match the Pricing Model of your Expedia Extranet
Although you are seeing Occupancy Based Pricing under the drop-down menu, we currently do not support different prices for different numbers of guests.
If you choose Occupancy Based Pricing on Expedia extranet while requesting the connection with myallocator, Expedia will show an alert that their current pricing model does not work with myallocator.
Note that we will only receive the credentials to enable Expedia for you if you choose Per Day Pricing option.
- For more information about Expedia Pricing Models, click here: Expedia Pricing Models - Everything you need to know
8. You have completed Expedia channel setup and a Full refresh has been sent to the channel automatically.