Expedia is the parent company to more than 200 travel booking sites, including Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, and more. They attract millions of reservations per year for hundreds of thousands of properties around the world. No other single connection point gives properties access to more brands and websites.
Check in this article how to connect Expedia to Cloudbeds PMS.
Check the Frequently Asked Questions before connecting to this channel.
Things to know before getting started
- Only Per-Day Pricing is currently supported by Cloudbeds PMS.
- The pricing model can only be set by your Expedia Market Manager. If you used Occupancy Based Pricing before connecting to Cloudbeds PMS, reach out to your channel's market manager to switch to Per Day Pricing.
- If you do not have the correct model selected before connecting the channel manager, you will have to wait 48 hours to switch the option and it can delay your connection process.
Log in to your Expedia Extranet
- Click on Rooms and Rates
- Under the Setup section, click on Connectivity Settings
- Select Cloudbeds in the drop-down on both options
- Click Save and Continue
If you're transitioning from your previous PMS to Cloudbeds, the menu Connectivity Settings may not be available. In this case, contact Expedia to advise that you are switching PMS systems and need the connectivity setting to be enabled in the Expedia extranet.
When you submit the connection request, Expedia team will send an email to Cloudbeds Support team to confirm the connection. Once confirmed, the channel status will change to Ready for mapping in Cloudbeds and you can proceed with Step 3.
You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to check the status of the channel.
In the Distribution Channels page, Expedia should be marked as ready for mapping.
- Click to complete mapping
If you're not seeing Expedia status as Ready for Mapping, it means that the connection is not ready yet.
- Login to your account
- Map the room types created in Cloudbeds with their corresponding rooms in Expedia. A drop-down menu will display all the existing rooms in the channel's extranet.
- Rate Plan Mapping: configure the rate plan(s) you want to sync between this system and Expedia. You must map at least one rate plan per Channel Accommodation Type to ensure proper rate sync.
You can create multiple rate plans for each room type and have those sync to Expedia. Click here to check further information.
For properties that have taxes & fees:
When creating rate plans on Expedia, the default setting of the tax & fee depends on your Acquire Rate Type. If your property has the Acquire Rate Type - Sell, any taxes and fees will be included in the rate. If your Acquire Rate Type is Net - the taxes and fees will not be included in the sell rates.
To make any changes to the tax & fee settings of your rate plans on Expedia, contact your Expedia Account Manager.
For more information about taxes & fees: Taxes and Fees - How to map your Taxes and Fees between Cloudbeds PMS and Distribution Channels
- Add Base Rate Adjustment for each room type, if needed. Click to continue when completed or if you want to skip this step.
- Extra settings: Currency
- The currency selected must always match your default currency of your Expedia Extranet.