To connect your exising Expedia account to myfrontdesk follow the instructions below. Keep in mind that myfrontdesk will not import past reservations from before Expedia was connected as a distribution channel. These must be added manually as "third-party" reservations.
All of your rates and room types must be setup in myfrontdesk before requesting for your channel to use myallocator. Do not perform these instructions until you are at the end of the distribution setup stage and ready to go live.
- Login to your Expedia Extranet at https://www.expediapartnercentral.com
- Click "Rooms and Rates"
- Under the Setup section, click "Expedia Connectivity Settings"
- Select "My Allocator" in the drop-down on both options
- Click 'Save and Continue'
Now, wait for Cloudbeds team to confirm the connection to Expedia
1. Go to your myfrontdesk account and open Channels page under Channel Distribution section
2. Expedia should be marked as 'Ready for mapping'. Click on the yellow button
3. Click on Next and map your rooms together
If you're not seeing Expedia status as 'ready for mapping', it means that the connection is not ready yet.
4. Map your rooms together and click on 'next'
If you need help with room mapping, please consult our Room Mapping Guidelines
5. If presented with a Rate Selection screen, choose the "Default" Rate Plan:
Since the channel manager myallocator can only control one Rate Plan, we always recommend that you select the "Default" or "Standard" Rate Plan on this screen. The Default Rate is always the first (top) rate presented.
Once chosen, we will control Rates for this rate plan only - any other Rate Plans must be setup to be derived from the Default Rate.
More information about Expedia Rate Plans can be found here: Rateplan Support - Using Rate Plans to set multiple rates
6. Enter a Base Rate Adjustment (if desired)
Click here to learn more about the Base Rate Adjustment. In most cases, this can be left blank.
7. Choose the Expedia Channel-Specific Options:
1. The first option to choose is the Currency:
- The currency selected must always match your default currency of your Expedia Extranet.
2. Pricing Model:
- The Pricing model selected must always match the Pricing Model of your Expedia Extranet
- For more information about Expedia Pricing Models, click here: Expedia Pricing Models - Everything you need to know
It's strongly advised to send a full refresh now to make sure that availability and rates are fully updated on the channel. Please, keep selected the checkbox 'Send full refresh to Expedia'.
This will erase any rates and availability which were on the channel before. Only do this once you have added the availability of this channel to your inventory.