FACT is a management solution for properties located in Portugal only, certified by the tax authority, which allows you to issue invoices.
This article covers the most frequently asked questions about FACT integration.
If you want to connect your FACT account to your Cloudbeds account, check the following knowledge base article: FACT - Connection Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
You can have only one FACT account and connect to two (or more) myfrontdesk accounts. The only option is to create two (or more) API keys under the same FACT account.
In this case, contact Cloudbeds support team and we will create an API for each account with different names so you can easily identify the property invoices.
After the Invoice has been issued, you can go back to the guest's folio to cancel and then reissue an invoice with the correct information.
- Access guest's folio
- Next to the payment that you issued the invoice, click on the gear icon
- Click on Cancel Invoice
If desired, issue a new invoice by following the steps above.
You can only cancel the invoice for the total amount. The invoice can not be canceled partially.
If you're trying to issue an invoice and the option Issue Fact Invoice / Emitir Fatura Recibo is missing, confirm that you have selected the payment allocation. Please, click here to learn how allocate the payment.
You will need to issue an invoice for each payment posted on the folio. You can not merge two or more payments into the same invoice. If you need to issue one invoice for multiple payments, we suggest to refund one (or more) payments and then add the payment(s) together to issue one FACT invoice.
No. The feature is available for properties located in Portugal only.
No. To send the invoice to your guest, please follow the steps below:
- Access the reservation
- Click on the Documents tab
- Download the invoice
- Save the document on your device
- Send it to your guest manually
At the moment, it is not possible to change the date that the invoice was issued (in myfrontdesk and also in FACT system).
If you need to issue an invoice with the guest's check-out date, it is necessary to perform the steps to issue an invoice immediately after the checkout.
No. We do not have the option to restrict users from canceling FACT invoices on myfrontdesk yet.
In some cases, the property has customers who are not a guest but need to issue an invoice for that customer (i.e. lunch at the property's restaurant).
You need to use House Accounts to post customer's items and payment, and then issue the invoice normally by following the same steps above - In this case, the customer data must be added manually to issue the invoice.
Don't worry, you do not need to create a new FACT account.
- Access your FACT account and add our Integrations email (email@example.com) as a new user under Utilizadores e Permissões tab.
- Send an email to our support team confirming that you've already added our integrations email as a new user
- Cloudbeds Integrations team will check if we've already received an invite to access your FACT account and proceed with the next steps.
- A new API key will be created and connected to your myfrontdesk account by our support team
According to FACT, it is not possible to change the NIF of a company that is already registered.
There are two solutions:
- Create a new company from scratch and connected it with your myfrontdesk account
- If you already have a new FACT account and only need to connect to your myfrotndesk account, please follow the steps above "What if I already have a FACT account created and I only need to connect to myfrontdesk account?"
This is only possible though your FACT account.
If you have any questions on how to proceed, please contact FACT directly. Myfrontdesk doesn't have this option at the moment.
Let's suppose that today is October 24, 2019, and your guest has a reservation for December 24, 2019 and already paid the whole amount. In this case, you can issue an invoice right after the payment is received.
Currently, you'll have the following functionalities:
- Ficheiro SAF-T export
- Document Cancelation
- Budget emissions and Fatura Pro-Forma
- API Access
- Powertools Package
If you have any questions about the above items, please contact FACT support team directly.
At the moment, myfrontdesk does not have a report for FACT invoices. Each invoice will be displayed under customer's reservation (Documents tab).
If you are facing issues or error messages, please check the following knowledge base article: FACT - Troubleshooting