FACT is a management solution for properties located in Portugal only, certified by the tax authority, which allows you to issue invoices.
This article explains how to issue FACT invoices from within myfrontdesk.
If you don't have a FACT account or if you are having issues with this integration, please check the following knowledge base articles or reach out to support team:
How to Issue Invoices
At the moment, the Groups module doesn't work with FACT invoices. In such cases, the invoices needs to be manually generated from within FACT software.
Payment allocation is required in order to issue the invoice.
Access the reservation that you want to issue the invoice
- Access the guest folio
- Next to the payment, click on the gear icon and click to allocate the payment
Only after payment allocation, you will have the option to issue the Invoice. There are two options:
Option 1: You can proceed and issue the invoice in the same screen of the payment allocation
Option 2: You can allocate the payment and issue the invoice later.
Please review the options details below:
- You can only issue invoices if you allocated the full payment
- If you skip the payment allocation, the option to issue an Invoice with FACT will not be displayed
- For your reference, the 'i' icon next to the payment means that it has already been allocated - either totally or partially
- Next to the payment already allocated, click on the gear icon to display the option to Issue Fact invoice (Fatura-Recibo)
- Select the guest that you want to issue the invoice
- Contact and Billing Information: The system will fill out all fields using the Guest Profile information. If needed, it is possible to make changes to the data according to your needs or you can fill out the fields with guest's company data.
Data Required for Guests from Portugal:
- Tax ID - enter the guest's NIF number. If this field is left blank, it will be displayed on invoice as Consumidor Final
- ZIP code - Enter the zip code. If this field is empty, the system will automatically fill out as 00000-000.
Data Required for Foreign Guests:
- Only the Name and Country are required
- Review the information
- Click to Issue Fact invoice (Fatura-Recibo)
* Mandatory Fields
If you wish, at the time of the payment allocation, check the box Emitir Fatura Recibo and click to finish the payment allocation process.
The system will automatically redirect you to issue FACT invoice. Follow the steps explained above to finish the process.
You can either find the invoices on myfrontdesk or FACT accounts:
On myfrontdesk you can access the invoice once it has been issue by going to the reservation and following the steps below:
- Access the Documents tab
- Click on Notas Fiscais
- Click on the hyperlink to access the Invoice
On your FACT account, access Vendas tab. You will find all invoices issued within myfrontdesk highlighted with an API symbol and also the invoices issued manually in FACT without the API symbol.
Below is an example of how an invoice generated by FACT looks like: