This article offers an overview of the Notifications tab and explains the use of each one of the available options for Notification Preferences.
On the System Notification Preferences page, you may select which system notifications should be sent out and to whom. They include:
- Reservation Notifications: When a new reservation is received, a reservation is modified, or a reservation is canceled, the email address(es) listed below will receive notifications.
- Payment Processing Notifications: When a credit card payment (via the payment gateway) is processed successfully or unsuccessfully, the email address(es) listed below will receive notifications.
- Cash Drawer Notifications: When a cash drawer is closed, the summary of the closed cash drawer will be sent to the email address(es) listed below.
Property owner has access to manage System Notification Preferences by default. Other users must have this privilege enabled by the property owner.
System Notifications Categories
Reservation Notifications are sent out to email address(es) added as recipients in System Notification Preferences. You will be notified when there is:
- New Reservation Received
- Reservation Cancelled
- Reservation Modified (modification from OTA)
- Modification to Reservation with Unmapped Rooms
No Shows Auto-Reported to Booking.com
- This option will only be displayed if the feature "Report No Show reservations from Cloudbeds PMS" is enabled. Learn more: How to report No Show reservations to the channels from CloudbedsPMS
These notifications will be sent out:
- When creating/confirming/cancelling a reservation from a system and clicking Confirm and Email Guest / Cancel and Email Guest.
- On behalf of certain channels (OTAs) only: Expedia, Booking.com, Hotelbeds, TripAdvisor, Reconline, Agoda), other OTAs are responsible in sending the reservation notification to you.
- If a booking for an unmapped room is imported
- For reservations coming from the Booking Engine, mybookings (new reservation received).
- Always in the Property Language.
These notifications are sent out when a transaction is processed on Cloudbeds PMS (if payment processing is enabled). They include:
- Payment processed successfully: When the payment processor processed the transaction successfully.
- Unable to process payment: When the payment processor failed to process a transaction due to some reason.
- Chargeback Notifications / Resolutions (available for Cloudbeds Payments only): When a guest is disputing a charge and the result of the dispute. Learn more: Cloudbeds Payments - How to Handle a Retrieval or Chargeback
These notifications will always be sent out in the Property Language.