Custom email templates can be created and customized by the property to be sent later in Cloudbeds PMS. This guide shows how to create and manage custom email templates.
Looking for Default Email Templates instead? Click here.
Create custom email templates
- Template Name - Specify the name for the template. This is used for you to determine what the template is for. It will not be visible anywhere publicly
- Language-specific templates - Enabling Autofill All Languages will override all templates languages with the version below
The auto-fill option will fill all languages with text that you added to your system default language template. For example: If you use Cloudbeds PMS in English, all templates texts will be replaced with English version; if you use system in Portuguese, all templates texts will be replaced with Portuguese text.
- Send From - Email address from which the email will be sent. Some email domains (such as Yahoo) do not permit Cloudbeds to send emails using your email address, we suggest to test it first.
- Reply To - Email address that will be populated in the To field when the Reply button is clicked on the email
- CC and BCC Lists - List of all email addresses you want to CC / BCC. Separate each email address by a comma. Limit list to 5 email addresses or fewer
Do not include any comma in the From Name and Reply-to Name fields as it will cause error in sending the email message from the system.
- Email Type (Only for properties who enabled GDPR Compliance): If GDPR Compliance is enabled, every Email Template will have a required radio button specifying whether email is marketing related. Templates flagged as marketing emails will only be sent to guests who opt in to marketing materials. Non-marketing emails will be sent to all guests you have ongoing business relations with.
- All default email templates on Cloudbeds PMS come with an auto-populated email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) This email address is for reference only. This email address does not represent a real email address, meaning that any email sent to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org will not reach any Support source. To contact our Support Team, click here.
- It is necessary to edit these email addresses with addresses from your Front Desk department, or any email considered by the hotel management.
- Subject - Text that will appear as the subject of the email. To add dynamic content such as the name of the guest or phone number, use the Insert Merge Tag picklist below
- Attachments - Upload any attachments you would like to be included whenever this email template is sent
- Design Style - Click on Change to choose pre-styled designs (12) or create a custom design through HTML
- Enter your text and customize your email
- Save changes
Merge Tags are any section within brackets (i.e. [hotel name]), dynamically populated shortcuts.
- Let's say you want to have your company's name show up within an email template, you could write it all out each time you wanted it to be shown or you could use the merge tag [hotel name].
- When your guest sees the email, your full hotel name will show up anywhere you've used that merge tag. We also have merge tags that will automatically add confirmation numbers, cancellation numbers, and more.
- We recommend to not changing the default merge tags.
- The merge tag [table] which auto-populates the reservation rates does not work for Custom Email Templates.
Learn more about Email Templates
Other email templates options
Currently, different email service providers support different types of images. Make sure the method used works properly for all of them when sending images to the guests through email. We suggest using the Image URL option rather than selecting from files on your PC because embedded image display will only work with the following email service providers:
- iOS Mail
- Outlook 2003
- Apple Mail
- Android default
Use of your preferred online image hosting and make sure the image format is compatible with all email service providers.
Things to note:
- Gmail does not support regular embedded images and will display them incorrectly
- Embedded images do not work for:
- Outlook 2007+
- Hotmail (Outlook.com)
- Yahoo! Mail
- Follow the steps to Edit your email template to choose the location inside of text, and put your cursor where the image should be inserted
- Click on Image icon inside of the Email Template
- On the image URL field, paste the image link.
Only the image source link within http://image link (after the <img src=) should be kept. Once you paste the link, go ahead and delete the rest of the URL.
- Original link (example): <a href="https://ibb.co/KsQWrTc"><img src="https://i.ibb.co/ZgwxMqR/Beach.jpg" alt="Beach" border="0"></a>
- Link portion to keep: https://i.ibb.co/ZgwxMqR/Beach.jpg
- Click on Insert Image once you finish
- Save your changes
Email templates troubleshooting
- Reason: This error occurs when the Subject field is not filled in the default property language
- Solution: Fill in the subject in the corresponding default language. For example: If the default language of your property is English, then a template in Spanish will also need a subject for the English version.
- Error preview:
- Reason: This error occurs when the system detects that MS Word has been probably used to create the email, which can cause character incompatibility and show symbols instead of the expected text.
Solution: Follow the steps below:
- Find the desired template and click Edit
- Scroll down to the text box
- Select all the text, and cut it off
- Paste it in the same text box area
- Save the changes
- Error preview: