If you are experiencing Calendar loading issues or error messages when processing payments with your Cloudbeds Terminal, the problem could be related to the DNS of your internet connection.
Check the following steps and if you are unable to fix the issue, reach out to our support team.
The Domain Name System (DNS) turns domain names into IP addresses, which browsers use to load internet pages.
Updating the DNS of the network
- Click on the Windows Key and open the configuration panel
- Go to the internet options, and click on Change adapter options
- A new pop-up window will appear - Right-click on your active adapter and then on properties
The active adapter is the one without an X icon
- On the new panel, click on Internet Protocol Version 4, and click on the 'Properties' button.
- On the new window, select:
- Select 'Use the following DNS server addresses'
- For the preferred DNS server add 22.214.171.124
- For the alternate DNS server add 126.96.36.199.
These are the Google DNS and they tend to be the answer for most DNS issues.
You can also try with 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 in case the Google DNS doesn't work.
After changing the DNS, press 'Ok' in every window, and go back inside the Cloudbeds system and check if the problem was solved.
Follow the steps below to change the default DNS for the Google DNS:
- Click on Apple menu
- Select System Preferences
- Click on Network
If the lock icon in the lower left-hand corner of the window is locked, click the icon to make changes, and when prompted to authenticate, enter your password.
- Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
- To change the settings for a Wi-Fi connection, select Wi-Fi, and click Advanced.
- To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, select Built-In Ethernet, and click Advanced.
- Select the DNS tab
- Click + to replace any listed addresses with, or add, the Google IP addresses at the top of the list:
- For IPv4: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168.
- If you have more DNS, delete them and keep the Google DNS only (22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199)
- Click OK and Apply.
If this solution doesn't work, please follow the steps again and use the addresses 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 instead.