The Airbnb and Cloudbeds 2-Way API Integration includes:
- Full sync between Cloudbeds PMS and Airbnb listings. We will automatically update your
- restrictions (MinLos, MaxLos etc.)
- The sync provides an instant connection to your Airbnb listing(s)
- Support of sync for room types with multiple units of availability
- Support for Discounts, Pricing Rules, Availability Rules, and Taxes/Fees
Note: Smart Pricing is not supported when connected to Airbnb via their API connection as rates are set directly within Cloudbeds PMS.
Also, Cloudbeds is part of Airbnb's Preferred Software Partner program. Further information here
Limitation of Airbnb API Connection
- When the listing is connected via Airbnb API, it's not possible to use the Smart Pricing functionality and "Instant Booking" is automatically enabled. Visit this article from our Knowledge Base to learn more about our Price Intelligence Engine feature.
- The API allows listings in North America, Latin America, Asia, Africa and Europe. However, aside from traditional hospitality listings, we do not currently accept listings via the API in the following select urban markets:
- New York, NY, USA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Traditional hospitality listings are not subject to these urban market restrictions. Additionally, in Japan we do not accept listings for accommodations (minpaku) used for Housing Accommodation Business under the Japanese Housing Accommodation Business Act (Act No.65 of 2017) via the API. The only exception to this is certain Japanese API partners who have entered into the license agreement with regard to Airbnb brand and intellectual properties within Japan.
To utilize the API in the above geographies, you must select and be licensed as one of the following property type categories aparthotel, bnb, boutique hotel, farm stay, hostel, hotel, lodge, timeshare, minsu, casa particular, pension, pousada, resort, ryokan, heritage hotel, and serviced apartment.
- The API connection allows only 1 Airbnb account to be connected to your Cloudbeds PMS account. It is currently not possible to connect multiple Airbnb listings from different Airbnb accounts to a single Cloudbeds PMS account.
- Double-check the license requirements according to your local law before listing your property in Airbnb. You can find more details in this Airbnb support page.
- Co-hosts will not be able to connect Cloudbeds PMS to an Airbnb listing. Make sure have access to the Listing Owner account in the extranet. All other users (such as, co-hosts and hosting team) will be unable to connect. If you have any doubts regarding your user, check this Airbnb article: What is a primary host?
- All listing must have been created by the same user that agreed on Airbnb's Terms and Conditions, as this will be considered the main host.
Please ensure that hosts are creating completely verified listings FIRST before authenticating through our (Cloudbeds) system. If they try to authenticate before finishing verification with Airbnb, they will not be able to connect to the Airbnb API.
Visit this article to learn how to Connect Airbnb API to Cloudbeds PMS
1. Listing's settings
Listing's status should be set to Listed. If you will sync the listing in status Unlisted or Snoozed, it will remain in this status and it won't be possible to edit it unless the listing is disconnected.
If you are creating the listings from scratch, check this article to know how to configure your room types accordingly: Airbnb API - Room Mapping Guidelines
Please note that Airbnb cannot update availability for the following listing types:
Although Cloudbeds PMS can receive bookings from these listings types, the connection works in a very limited way - we can't update availability for any of the mentioned listing types.
If you have one of the listing property type above, please change it in Airbnb extranet directly. If you are not allowed to change it by yourself, contact your Airbnb account manager.
2. Currencies between Airbnb and Cloudbeds PMS must match
Please note that the currency which is set in Cloudbeds PMS for the Airbnb channel and the currency which is set on the Airbnb extranet per each listing should be the same. Otherwise, there will be an error in the connection and we won't be able to send updates to Airbnb.