While connecting Airbnb API, the mapping process may differ depending on the room setup that you have on Airbnb (if you have individual listings, room types, or shared dorms). Check in this article the instructions to map your room setup accordingly.
Choose the room setup scenario of your property:
This mapping type suits you if you have 1 Cloudbeds PMS private room type with 1 room (unit) in it which corresponds to only 1 Airbnb listing.
- If that is your case, all you need to do is mapping the corresponding Airbnb listing from dropdown menu so it corresponds to the Cloudbeds PMS room type.
Example: Cloudbeds Accommodation (Deluxe) -> Channel Accommodation (Deluxe listing)
If you have one Cloudbeds PMS room type with several units and 1 listing on Airbnb - you can simply map it with the corresponding Cloudbeds PMS room type.
But if you sell room types in Cloudbeds PMS and several individual listings in Airbnb each corresponding to a specific unit - you will need to do the following:
In Cloudbeds PMS, you have Deluxe Studio (room type) with 5 units: Studio 1, Studio 2...
On Airbnb, you have 5 separate listings and these rooms have the same settings and description (mandatory): Studio 1, Studio 2, Studio 3...
While mapping the rooms in Cloudbeds PMS Room Mapping step, you will be able to map only 1 listing to your room type - so how can this be done?
- Go to Airbnb Extranet and keep only 1 listing of the same type in status Listed (all the rest of the listings of this type should be Unlisted)
- In Cloudbeds PMS, go to Channels
- Open Airbnb API Room Mapping page
- Link the room type to the listing with Listed status on Airbnb:
- Send a Full Refresh once finished to force an update of rates and availability to this listing.
How this configuration will work if my other listings are unlisted?
If Cloudbeds PMS room type has availability (no matter how many rooms (units)) > the listing will be bookable on Airbnb until all units are reserved. Your calendar will be opened for reservations.
If Cloudbeds PMS room type has no availability > the listing will not be bookable on Airbnb.
Therefore, all other listings should be unlisted otherwise you will be selling rooms that are not controlled by Cloudbeds PMS, which may cause inconveniences and overbookings.