This article will guide you on how to connect Airbnb API channel to your Cloudbeds PMS.
The API connection includes:
- Full sync between Cloudbeds PMS and Airbnb listings. We will automatically update your rates, availability, restrictions (MinLos, MaxLos etc.), cancellations and modifications;
- The sync provides an instant connection to your Airbnb listing(s);
- Support of sync for room types with multiple units;
- Support for Discounts, Pricing Rules, Availability Rules, and Taxes/Fees.
Smart Pricing is not supported when connected to Airbnb via the API connection due to how pricing works when using a management system. The Airbnb Smart Pricing is an algorithm that attempts to modulate the price during busy and slow seasons to maximize revenue while also keeping prices attractive for customers.
When connected to a system like Cloudbeds PMS, that pricing methodology is no longer applicable because we are setting all of the pricing.
Before Making the Connection
- Your listing(s) status is Listed on the Airbnb extranet (the sync will not work if the listing is not active/listed on Airbnb)
- The room configurations (room occupancy & room type) on Cloudbeds PMS and Airbnb match.
- The currency settings on Cloudbeds PMS and Airbnb are the same currency.
- The default property time zone on Cloudbeds PMS and Airbnb match.
- You are not connected to another Channel Manager. If you are, go to your Airbnb extranet > Account > Privacy & Sharing> Connected Apps > click on Remove Access.
- You create all the needed blocks on Cloudbeds calendar — if you had any on Airbnb prior to making the connection. Because any manual blocks you had in Airbnb before connecting it to Cloudbeds will be automatically deleted/overridden as soon as the connection is initiated.
Airbnb API Connection Guide
- Before start the mapping process, be sure to log in as the Listing Owner on Airbnb extranet. All other users (such as, co-hosts and hosting team) are unable to connect the channel to Cloudbeds PMS. If you have any doubts regarding your user, check this Airbnb article: What is a primary host?
In Cloudbeds PMS,
- Open Manage (gear icon) page
- Go to Channels
- By default, Airbnb (API) channel status is Not Setup for all properties, click on it to set up
- Click on Enable Channel
Authorize myallocator (channel manager by Cloudbeds) to manage your Airbnb listings
- Login with your Airbnb listing's owner login and password (not the co-host's credentials).
If you see any errors, log out from all the Airbnb accounts in your browser(s) and authorize again.
- Agree with the Airbnb Terms and Conditions
- Click on Allow to confirm that you authorize Cloudbeds PMS
A message confirming the authorization should pop-up once completed:
Once you map the rooms, you will be directed to the Room Settings page to edit the listing details or review them. For more details on each topic presented, check out this article article: Airbnb API - Room Settings
- Click on Configure next to each room.
- Review settings for that listing: Price, taxes, pricing rules and discounts. Click on View/Edit to review them.
- Check your Price Settings
- Pricing rules & discounts
A successful room setup will be displayed in Room Mapping page as Setup Completed:
If needed, add a base rate adjustment in percentage or fixed amount on this page.
For more information on how the Base Rate Adjustment works, check this article: Base Rate Adjustment or How to Send Different Rates to Channels
Once you finish mapping Airbnb API, send a Full Refresh on the top right corner of the Channels page to force an update to the channel.
You may return to mapping page any time to edit the room mapping, room settings or add base rates adjustment.
In the Room Settings page, check if your listings are well mapped or if they present errors/missing settings:
After Completing the Connection
- Double-check the accuracy of rates and availability sent to Airbnb by checking your Airbnb listing calendar and simulating a reservation as a guest.
- Add the taxes/fees or commission, if applicable, to Reservation Sources: Airbnb API on Cloudbeds PMS.
- Disable the Airbnb iCal connection (if the iCal was previously connected) to avoid conflicting updates to your Airbnb account.
- Once the connection is completed, Hosts will not be able to perform any changes such as rates, availability and restrictions on Airbnb extranet — these options are greyed out (blocked). The Co-Host, however, can still technically perform the changes as those options are not blocked for them but they should never do so - modifying rates, availability and restrictions directly on the extranet might cause serious issues such as price and availability discrepancies or even overbookings.
For more information about Airbnb API, visit our Airbnb API - Frequently Asked Questions page.
If you need any assistance with connecting Airbnb to Cloudbeds PMS - reach out to our dedicated team: