The daily financial report is a quick glance at the previous day's financial statistics. It is a summary of all the required data management uses on a daily basis such as ADR, REVPAR, Occupancy, Total Revenue and much more.
Property owner has access to Financial Reports by default. Other users must be granted permission inside Roles. Learn more: Roles and Permissions
- Click Menu.
- Click Reports.
- Select Financial Reports.
- Click Daily Financial Report.
By default the report shows yesterday's data. Click on the calendar to change the date.
Today's data will only be available tomorrow.
This chart will show you the yesterday's (1) and this month's data (2).
- Availability: Total number of rooms on property minus occupied rooms minus blocked rooms.
- Occupancy: Total number of rooms occupied.
- Blocks and Holds: Total number of rooms blocked.
Total room inventory = 30
1) Availability formula: Total number of rooms on property minus occupied rooms minus blocked rooms (30-9-4=17 or 100%-30%-13.33%=56.67%),
2) Occupancy formula: Total number of rooms occupied divided by total number of rooms (9 room occupied / 30 rooms total = 30%),
3) Blocks and Holds formula: Total number of rooms blocked divided by total number of rooms (4 room blocked / 30 rooms total = 13.33%)
This section of the report is where the majority of your financial data will be retrieved. Check the definition of each category below.
Note: Sections that are in Blue (hyperlinks) are clickable. When selected the link will re-direct you to the associated report.
- Items & Services Revenue: Sum of all revenue collected for products that were added to reservations.
- Payments: Sum of all payments collected. This includes all payment types for Reservations and House Accounts.
Comps: Number of rooms with a $ 0 price for that date.
- Example: Today is August 10 and you have a 3-day reservation for $100 / night each. The guest comes and complains, so you choose to allow the guest to stay for free tomorrow (August 11). On the report for the 10th, you will see 0 comps, since the room was not made 0 price for the 10th. When you view the report for the 11th the following day, you will see 1 comp.
- Walk-Ins: Total number of reservations created with the source Walk-In.
- Number of Guests: Total number of guests that stayed at the property on the date specified.
- Check-Ins: Number of reservations that were checked-in.
- Check-Outs: Number of reservations that were checked-out.
- AVG LOS (Nights Stayed): Average length of stay of current In-House, Confirmed, Confirmation Pending and Checked-Out reservations. Looks how long each reservation has stayed at the property, not how long they are expected to stay. The calculation includes only dates that have passed. Check the examples below.
- AVG LOS (Total Room Nights): Average length of stay of current In-House, Confirmed, Confirmation Pending and Checked-Out reservations. The calculation includes: dates that have passed + upcoming booked nights. Check the examples below.
- ADR Per Guest: Room Revenue divided by number of guests.
- No Shows: Number of reservations marked as No-Show.
- Blocks: Number of “Out of Service” and “Room Block” created for the date specified.
- Adjustments: Total value of all adjustments made on the date specified.
- Total Revenue: Total Revenue of a specific date. This includes Room Rates, Additional Room Revenue (Cancellations, No-Show and Manual postings), Add-Ons, and Items & Services sold, minus Adjustments.
AVG LOS (Total Room Nights) X AVG LOS (Nights Stayed)
|Examples (Considering the current date: 2022-03-14)||AVG LOS
(Total Room Nights)
|Start date = 2022-03-13, End date = 2022-03-15
|Start date = 2022-03-14, End date = 2022-03-16
|Start date = 2022-03-07, End date = 2022-03-16
|Start date = 2022-03-01, End date = 2022-03-16
|Start date = 2022-02-01, End date = 2022-03-16
In this case, the system is not considering February in the calculation
- ADR (Average Daily Rate) = Room Revenue (room rates + inclusive taxes only) divided by number of rooms sold
- REVPAR (Revenue Per Available Room) = (room revenue + inclusive taxes + additional room revenue) / (room inventory x date range)
- Room Revenue: The sum of all room revenue (rates, manual, cancellation and no-show revenues). It does not include any extra charges (e.g., items and services).